Windows 10: Encoding a movie

Discus and support Encoding a movie in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Bree, This I owe you: Two weeks ago downloaded "The sound of music" movie, found an Hebrew subtitle, it was in exact sync with the movie. Added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Motim, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Encoding a movie

Hello Bree,
    This I owe you:
    Two weeks ago downloaded "The sound of music" movie, found an Hebrew subtitle, it was in exact sync with the movie. Added the subtitle using "Handbrake". Once I tried to add subtitles with "DVDstyler" but did not like the fonts shape, in "Handbrake" they remain nicer - in my opinion. Playing the dvd on our tv, the picture was a little dark and sound was low.
    So here I asked for help on this forum. Thanks to your guidance I learned a little about this ffmpeg filter. So after many trial & errors, (also typing in the command prompt box), I got 5 short movie samples, still could not decide which one, made from each a screenshot of the same scene, put them side by side in an image viewer - that made me easy to select.
    So here, attached in a zip file are the screenshots, and the original. On each one I wrote the settings made in ffmpeg. In one of them the contrast was untouched, only brightness.
    Finally made one dvd, checked if the settings were in, as you can see in one of the screenshots. The one I selected was # 5
    Gladly I would like to have your opinion.
    Many many thanks again.

:)

Motim, Oct 27, 2016

2. Player with subtitles??

Encode the movie with the subtitles.

Many encoders allow you to turn on or select the language track from the DVD.

"ImToo DVD to 3GP converter" has such options. But I'm sure other encoders do as well.

el_loco---01, Oct 27, 2016
  3. N9 video playback problem

Hi all,

I have experienced same video playback problem with 720p movies I downloaded from youtube. I checked details of movies which can be played without any problem and I realized that most of the problem is caused by encoding settings of 720p movies. Most of
    the time problematic movies are encoded with "Advanced Simple Profile @ Level 5" option. This option is especially used for very high quality, high definition video encoding for professional video players (bluray players etc.)

If you re-encode your video with third party application while "Advanced Simple Profile @ Level 4" is selected with same video bitrate and other settings you will be able to play your video without any problem.

Quality ? normally you will not lose quality of the movie

Hope this will help everyone.

sezercindemir, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

Encoding a movie

1. Encoding a movie - Similar Threads - Encoding movie

2. How to re-allow adobe media encoder to access onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-allow adobe media encoder to access onedrive: When I installed adobe media encoder, I was having issues with it taking up download speed on my limited network, though the need for download speed has passed, I had disallowed it to access Onedrive. it has had the affect of not allowing projects to encode through adobe's...
  3. How to re-allow adobe media encoder to access onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-allow adobe media encoder to access onedrive: When I installed adobe media encoder, I was having issues with it taking up download speed on my limited network, though the need for download speed has passed, I had disallowed it to access Onedrive. it has had the affect of not allowing projects to encode through adobe's...
  4. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files: Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes indefinitely when trying to play them until I force it to close. If I may confess a sin, it is likely due to the codec I am...
  5. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files: Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes indefinitely when trying to play them until I force it to close. If I may confess a sin, it is likely due to the codec I am...
  6. We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212: hi,When I want to play MP3's via the Windows Media Player, I received the following error message: We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212. How can I fix it? Plus, playing MP3's in another software will not start....
  7. We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212

We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212: hi,When I want to play MP3's via the Windows Media Player, I received the following error message: We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212. How can I fix it? Plus, playing MP3's in another software will not start....
  8. PDF wont open due to missing encoding

PDF wont open due to missing encoding: Hi, I am trying to open a PDF but it gives error message "The encoding (Cmap) specified by a font is missing". Do you know how i can get round this?
  9. My Dell laptop as a Window come up WINDOWS SYSTEM32 SECURE BOOT ENCODE UEFI EXE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop as a Window come up WINDOWS SYSTEM32 SECURE BOOT ENCODE UEFI EXE: Windows system32 secure boot encode uefI exe has come up on my dell laptop which I can not get rid of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-as-a-window-come-up-windows/b6d4d1ff-c5d8-47be-80d8-707d179f4bd6
  10. Encoding a movie

Encoding a movie: Hello, Have downloaded a musical movie, length 2:54 hours. The picture is a little dark and audio volume low. I am trying to re-encode the movie (with video and audio filters), once in "AVIDEMUX", had to stop it after six hours when only 35 % were done. Now I'm trying to do...