Windows 10: Encoding Errors on Some Browsers w/ SSL - Reinstall (twice) no fix?

Discus and support Encoding Errors on Some Browsers w/ SSL - Reinstall (twice) no fix? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Lenovo m93p SFF with win10 pro 64bit. Recently bought used. Stuck in 16gb of memory and updated all drivers & bios. Everything works fine until I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kenmo, Nov 18, 2016.

1. kenmo Win User

Encoding Errors on Some Browsers w/ SSL - Reinstall (twice) no fix?

Lenovo m93p SFF with win10 pro 64bit. Recently bought used. Stuck in 16gb of memory and updated all drivers & bios.

Everything works fine until I install firefox, chrome or opera. I get encoding errors, pages only partially loading, or just garbled code on pageview of SSL pages, especially google news. Have not reliably used this pc yet, just trying to get it set up for work.

Reinstalled windows - first time just replace windows files. Reboot and install another browser - immediate problems.

Reinstalled windows again - replace everything (option for recycle of pc). Same problem. Seems to work fine after reinstall until I install another browser. Trouble installing other apps due to corrupted downloads. Have to download on another pc and put dl'd files onto this one to install.

Tried one stick of memory, then tried the other. Same issue. Turned a few things off in bios - no difference.

If I load a simple html webpage non-SSL, just html5 site. Loads fine in all browsers. Try to load news.google.com and fails almost every time in firefox, sometimes in IE. Rare errors in chrome but happens there too.

Any ideas? I've been building PCs a while and never run into anything quite like this. Hardware issue?

:)

kenmo, Nov 18, 2016

2. accessing secure websites

This is rooted in an SSL problem that was already seen in chromium (the Open Source version of Google Chrome that Microsoft stole most of the code for their new browser from). Look for an option to modify your SSL encoding to fix this problem.

Google Groupes

ArnoldBath13035, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Jsssssssss, Nov 18, 2016
  4. bestellen Win User

Encoding Errors on Some Browsers w/ SSL - Reinstall (twice) no fix? may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.

bestellen, Nov 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Encoding Errors on Some Browsers w/ SSL - Reinstall (twice) no fix? - Similar Threads - Encoding Errors Browsers

2. Random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites/browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites/browsers: I get random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites. It was working fine until a couple of months ago. It makes the internet unusable. It is only on this Windows 11 machine which has been fully updated. I have a Windows 10 machine right next to...
  3. Random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites/browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites/browsers: I get random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites. It was working fine until a couple of months ago. It makes the internet unusable. It is only on this Windows 11 machine which has been fully updated. I have a Windows 10 machine right next to...
  4. `ctrl+shift+w` in browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    `ctrl+shift+w` in browser: Many times, I accidentally press `ctrl+shift+w` in browser and all my open tabs and work goes away in the browser. Is there any undo option for this ? if not then how can I disable this shortcut ?...
  5. SSL certificate errors across all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSL certificate errors across all browsers: Recently, a lot of websites have been breaking for me with SSL certificate errors across all browsers. These websites work perfectly fine on other devices on the same network. Examples of these websites include reddit, howtogeek etc. Screenshots: Edge Firefox My windows...
  6. Wrong SSL cert showing up in browsers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong SSL cert showing up in browsers: Hi, I have been trying to figure this one out for some time and it's really annoying. When opening a new page in Chrome or Mozilla I get a *.xxx.windows.com certificate xxx being different subdomains presented instead of the certificate that should actually be issued to...
  7. SSL Errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSL Errors: submitted by /u/RealProgrammerPlays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnungy/ssl_errors/
  8. Some webpages load twice

Some webpages load twice: Is there a way to fix pages loading twice I edge, like national geographic for example? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-webpages-load-twice/9eed64ef-675b-490e-9e9d-25d32df125f3
  9. Not able to open any website on my browser shows ssl error

Not able to open any website on my browser shows ssl error: Not able to open any website on my browser it show ssl error issue even I'm try to open google.Com or any other website same issue found. I used this computer once on same Wi-Fi were I use other but other computer is working fine Plz help...
  10. invalid ssl error

invalid ssl error: hi, I have this problem where some websites such as epicgames.com, store.steampowered.com and discord.gg do not work and instead show the invalid ssl certificate / insecure connection error. This happens on every browser, including the native epic games and steam clients. I...