Windows 10: encrypt win 10

Discus and support encrypt win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have heard so much about privacy or the lack of it, like Windows being able to see my private folders in the EULA. Is there a third party... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maranna, Sep 16, 2015.

1. maranna Win User

encrypt win 10

Hello
    I have heard so much about privacy or the lack of it, like Windows being able to see my private folders in the EULA.
    Is there a third party encryption program I can protect my machine with? I say 3rd party for the obvious as I do not want a backdoor peeking.
    TY

:)

maranna, Sep 16, 2015
  2. Rohit04 Win User

Unable to Encrypt the Folder in win 10. Encrpt check boxes are disabled & not working .Please fix this stuff .I have installed the Serverligth & also my hard disk is of NTFS file system

I'm not encrypting the drive .I'm encrypting a particular folder .Yes bitlocker is n't available in my win 10

Rohit04, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Error Code 0x80071771

0x80071771 Trying to open encrypted files on windows 10 that were encrypted with win 8.1. Same computer but after clean install.

freshbrewWK, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

encrypt win 10

1. encrypt win 10 - Similar Threads - encrypt

2. My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...: I was given a used PC that was Bitlocker encrypted, and neither of us have the Bitlocker password. It won't let me wipe the entire PC, and I was to to look it up. So I did, and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install Windows 11. I'm still pretty new to the IT...
  3. My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...: I was given a used PC that was Bitlocker encrypted, and neither of us have the Bitlocker password. It won't let me wipe the entire PC, and I was to to look it up. So I did, and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install Windows 11. I'm still pretty new to the IT...
  4. Access is denied when I try to disable bitlocker on an encrypted external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access is denied when I try to disable bitlocker on an encrypted external drive: I had a Windows 11 laptop with a 512GB SSD, which got broken a few months ago I have the SSD intact. I am using an External SSD adapter to back up my data. I have access to my Bitlocker keys and can access my files in a read-only mode but if I delete or modify my files it's...
  5. Access is denied when I try to disable bitlocker on an encrypted external drive

Access is denied when I try to disable bitlocker on an encrypted external drive: I had a Windows 11 laptop with a 512GB SSD, which got broken a few months ago I have the SSD intact. I am using an External SSD adapter to back up my data. I have access to my Bitlocker keys and can access my files in a read-only mode but if I delete or modify my files it's...
  6. BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?: When enabling BitLocker and encrypting the only drive with Windows 11 Pro on it it took seconds to "encrypt" a drive. Then in the local group policy editor I can enable TPM+PIN, but still - I didn't have a prompt to choose between "encrypting everything, which will take more...
  7. BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?

BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?: When enabling BitLocker and encrypting the only drive with Windows 11 Pro on it it took seconds to "encrypt" a drive. Then in the local group policy editor I can enable TPM+PIN, but still - I didn't have a prompt to choose between "encrypting everything, which will take more...
  8. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  9. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  10. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging