Windows 10: End all current user processes via shortcut

Discus and support End all current user processes via shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; adwcleaner dose a neat thing where it closes all user processes, can I batch run that to a short cut key? 2 or 4 times a week my win10 lags hard from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, Oct 15, 2016.

1. End all current user processes via shortcut

adwcleaner dose a neat thing where it closes all user processes, can I batch run that to a short cut key? 2 or 4 times a week my win10 lags hard from either search indexing or a virus scan or to much mem in use, if I can flush most user processes then I can at least use my PC some...

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Oct 15, 2016

2. How to create folders in Windows 10 Start Menu? Problems with shortcuts

Some weeks ago I could create folders in the Start Menu of Windows 10; now I cannot.

I cannot do this in the Current User Start Up folder (in App folder; access by means of Alt+R, shell:start menu) nor in the All Users Start Up folder (in ProgramData; access by means of Alt+R, shell:common start menu). In both cases I can create the
    folder but it does not appear in the Start Menu.

Also: If I copy shortcuts from the Desktop to these Star Menu folders, the shortcuts do not appear in the Start Menu. Even the option to create shortcuts does not appear in the contextual menu (right mouse click) of the All Users Start Menu folder.
    The only way I found to create shortcuts to these folders is: create a shortcut in the Current User folder and copy it, if desired, to the All Users folder. To create a shortcut to the Current User folder I can also copy the EXE file and paste it in the current
    user folder as a shortcut.

Can all this be solved in my computer, or it is the normal way the current version of Windows 10 works?

PereCasanellas, Oct 15, 2016
  3. shortcuts for all users

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to allow access to the desktop shortcuts for all users.

I suggest you to navigate to "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" (you'll need to unhide hidden files and folders first), then paste the shortcuts.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

End all current user processes via shortcut

Hi, maybe you need to work out what's actually going on, than deal with the symptoms.

Search indexing by default indexes very little. It backs off (or should do) as soon as the PC is deemed 'in use'. It's not meant to impose a noticeable load. If you get periodic instances of that happening, something's wrong.

Try for starters
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

If that fixes things and is clear, try rebuilding your index. As it's indexing (see Control Panel, Indexing Options) try using your PC and noting the indexing pauses (which it should do).

Turning to 'too much mem in use' - you have 16Gb RAM, so I find that puzzling. Have you done anything to change your page file settings? If so, set them back to e.g. System Managed for your C: drive.

dalchina, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

End all current user processes via shortcut

1. End all current user processes via shortcut - Similar Threads - End current user

2. How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?: I work with a crappy laptop for gaming and ive been able optimize to make games run well on it on it with low settings, but it is really easy to slow down if a process starts eating up a bit too much memory. I then realized that about half of the memory being eaten up is...
  3. Cortana for current and all users

in Cortana
    Cortana for current and all users: Hi, I uninstalled cortana, but now i want to reinstall it, but i found that there are 2 version, 1 for current users and 1 for all users. What are the differences between them? Which version should I get, and which version go along with Win 10 through Media creation tool??...
  4. Downloads end up on all users account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Downloads end up on all users account: Hello, there are four accounts on my family pc and when i download something everyone else gets the download, for example i downloaded google earth on my account but the other three accounts got it as well. Is there a way to download stuff without other accounts getting the...
  5. Reset priority of all processes modified by user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset priority of all processes modified by user: Recently, I changed the process priority of several different processes, and I didn't have the forethought to notate what they were set to before. I'm running Windows 10 1909 and I am comfortable with the command prompt or registry if need be. Is there a way to reset...
  6. Accidentally ended all Microsoft Processes, cant login anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Accidentally ended all Microsoft Processes, cant login anymore: So I wanted to end any unnecessary processes so as to lessen my memory usage %. I watched this https://youtu.be/Uusm3HGSo60 video and i think i accidentally ended all microsoft processes like it says not to... i was prompted to restart and upon doing so, i was no longer...
  7. Log off all but current user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...
  8. Log off all but current user

in Windows 10 Support
    Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...
  9. Process from all users in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Process from all users in task manager: Hi, Is there an option to view processes from all users in the windows 10 task manager(an option which I use most of the times when I was in 7)? As you can see in the screenshot below, this one is a PC with 2 GB RAM, but 85% of it is already in use, making it laggy. When I...
  10. Shortcuts appearing on all users desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts appearing on all users desktops: Hello all, I've just bought a new computer with Win 10 installed of course *Smile I have the main user account as admin and I've set up two other user accounts for my kids, without admin. Whenever I install a new application a shortcut for that application gets...