Windows 10: End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems

Discus and support End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After Release 390, NVIDIA will no longer release drivers for 32-bit operating systems1 for any GPU architecture. Later driver release versions will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems

Source: End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems | NVIDIA

End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems [​IMG]
    Tip Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 10

Brink, Dec 21, 2017

2. I feel sorry for those people who are unfortunate enough to have 32 bit versions of W10.

:)

lehnerus2000, Dec 22, 2017
  3. suat.cini Win User
    Loading up problem

Luckily your gfx card has Windows 10 drivers by Nvidia.

NViDiA DRiVERS 64-bit Windows 10

NViDiA DRiVERS 32-bit Windows 10

Please select the appropriate drivers for your Windows installation, either 32-bit 0r 64-bit.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

suat.cini, Dec 22, 2017
  4. GaryKohr Win User

having a problem upgrading from Windows 7 Pro 32-bit to Windows 10

I'm currently running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit, and the Free Windows 10 Upgrade Advisory informed me that the driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE display adapter was a old driver that was not supported in Windows 10. It further suggested I check with the NVIDIA
    folks for an NVIDIA driver that would work with Win 10. I did, and downloaded NVIDIA GeForce 309.08 32-bit driver, powered down and rebooted my system so that new driver would be recognized.

I have run the entire Windows 10 Upgrade process twice with the same results. The install runs to completion, automatically rebooting a couple of times as the "window" tells you will happen, and then at the end of the process I get the little blue Windows
    10 Install screen with the error message that follows - "Windows 10 Install was unsuccessful - Error
    0xC1900101-0x20017 The installation failed in SAFE_OS Phase3 with an error during boot operation."

I tried, but failed, to find a description of the error code 0xC1900101-0x20017 .

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing my issue?

GaryKohr, Dec 22, 2017
  5. Faith Win User
    Good. Hopefully this will clear some codes and improve the quality of the drivers in the future. And while you're at it nVidia, for the love of snowmen, update the controlpanel to anno 2017/18. Its 02 style is slow AF on modern hardware due to its single-threaded workflow.

Faith, Dec 22, 2017
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    It's not a great loss, because it's time for 32bits to die. Only very old pcs are 32bits now, and these will still have support from WU I think.

eLPuSHeR, Dec 22, 2017
  7. reddice Win User
    I agree Nvidia control panel looks like a program from the year 2000. Also it is so slow. I don't even bother to go in there at all.

reddice, Dec 23, 2017
  8. End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems

I do believe that many companies are going to do this.

Just keeping up on 64 bit drivers only should bring down the cost for companies.
    Realistically, at this time in the life of computers, 32 bit is going like the Dodo bird.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 23, 2017
  9. OilerNut Win User
    Dropping 32-bit support isn't going to make the product any better. Also there are still lots of reasons why someone or a company is still running a 32-bit OS, one of them is being an old legacy 16 bit application. I know they can virtualize and all that, but still there is a cost that comes with that.

OilerNut, Dec 23, 2017
  10. I think you'll find that most of that legacy software is running on legacy hardware that already has working 32 bit drivers. Hardware that their not running Windows 10 on anyway. And hardware they aren't in any hurry to upgrade, unless it fails, etc. Just my 2 cents.

alphanumeric, Dec 23, 2017
  11. I run it on my Dell Windows 10 tablet. No need for a 64bit OS on there.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems - Similar Threads - End NVIDIA Driver

2. PC Manager isn't supported for 32 bit systems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Manager isn't supported for 32 bit systems: Hello, i was wondering if the developers of this program could make a support for 32 bit system users it would be so helpful.- Ziad Setita https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-manager-isnt-supported-for-32-bit-systems/2f068fa6-5763-4b29-a6f5-b896f425b5dd
  3. PC Manager isn't supported for 32 bit systems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Manager isn't supported for 32 bit systems: Hello, i was wondering if the developers of this program could make a support for 32 bit system users it would be so helpful.- Ziad Setita https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-manager-isnt-supported-for-32-bit-systems/2f068fa6-5763-4b29-a6f5-b896f425b5dd
  4. Windows10 and Virtual 32 bit virtual operating system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 and Virtual 32 bit virtual operating system: I need to have a virtual 32-bit operating system Windows inside my 64-bit Windows10. How to proceed? Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-and-virtual-32-bit-virtual-operating/6e123c8c-eb5d-4649-9ded-aa8433b639a9
  5. 32-bit operating system and x64-based processor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    32-bit operating system and x64-based processor: Is there any problem to have a 32-bit operating system and x64-based processor. Can my system be updated to x64 based system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-operating-system-and-x64-based-processor/18a179d0-fdb3-4eec-afdb-00f63091978a
  6. 16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System: So to put this simply. I have a retail game of Rayman 2: The Great Escape + fromthe 10th Anniversary Collection. I put the disc in, choose Setup.EXE and... Nothing. "SetupUbi.exe 32 bites" is running in the background when I check task manager but other than that nothing pops...
  7. 32-bit operating system on 64-bit processor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32-bit operating system on 64-bit processor: Hello so I need some advice. Currently I have an old core 2 duo e8400 with 4gb of RAM integrated graphics running the 32-bit version of Windows 10. I only use the computer for PS4 remote play and watching YouTube / Netflix. Would it be worth reinstalling Windows 10 to the...
  8. NVIDIA Is Officially Ending Driver Support for 3D Vision ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Is Officially Ending Driver Support for 3D Vision ?: Support Plan for 3DVision Products | NVIDIA 128789
  9. AMD ends graphics driver support for 32-bit versions of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    AMD ends graphics driver support for 32-bit versions of Windows: AMD is dropping support for 32-bit versions of Windows in upcoming updates to its graphics drivers. The GPU maker clarified its decision to Japanese website 4Gamer, which reports that the latest driver to include 32-bit support is version 18.9.3, released late last month. The...
  10. NVIDIA Support Plan for 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Support Plan for 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems: I agree with the gaming updates being shuddered (most gamers have long since moved on) but security updates should continue as long as MS supports the OS. This is a dangerous precedent being made here of abandoning still supported operating systems. AMD did this a while ago...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does w10 32 bit support nvidia 2080ti

2. does nvidia support 32 bit drivers for w10