Windows 10: Endless boot screen while installing Win 10

Discus and support Endless boot screen while installing Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade a PC to windows 10, which I have done previously on other computers with no issues, however when trying to install it this time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HKurtyka, Sep 10, 2016.

1. HKurtyka Win User

Endless boot screen while installing Win 10

I'm trying to upgrade a PC to windows 10, which I have done previously on other computers with no issues, however when trying to install it this time, it completes the installing windows 10 screen and then gets stuck on the boot screen - which is just the 'HP logo, due to the system being originally pre-built. I've reset the PC back to windows 8.1, the original OS, and tried again yet I'm getting the same issue. I first used the upgrade assistant and then the media creation kit. I'm not using a USB to do the install, as I haven't used one for previous upgrades. The PC was originally a HP envy with an i7 4770 and a GTX 760, which was later upgraded to a GTX 980. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

HKurtyka, Sep 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 install fails on Dell Venue 8 Pro

Unfortunately this is not working. The system does not boot at all. It is an endless loop of trying to restore and reboot. If I remove the SD card which was necessary for the installation of Win 10 the system asks for the SD card and doesn't do anything
    without it. IMHO the Win 10 Update has bricked the tablet.

ThomasTreuten, Sep 10, 2016
  3. larryr550 Win User
    Windows 10 install fails on Dell Venue 8 Pro

This is exactly my situation!!

larryr550, Sep 10, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Firstly, check the integrity of the PC by running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt. This will check/repair problems with system files. Then run chkdsk c: /spotfix to check the system disk. Also, run bcdedit /enum to check the boot configuration. Look at the log files at the link below by searching for "error" towards the end of the files for clues about what caused the problem https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...and-event-logs

Once all is clear, retry the upgrade from the media creation tool or ISO file and select the option to update drivers when installing. Turn off secure boot during the upgrade (if enabled) and disconnect external drives (and internal ones apart from C: if possible). I prefer to use the ISO file - you just right click it to mount and run setup.exe.

Steve C, Sep 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Endless boot screen while installing Win 10 - Similar Threads - Endless boot screen

2. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows: So I wanted to install Kali Linux and dual boot it with Windows, but it wasn't installing and gave Grub error. Ubuntu and Parrot OS had no trouble installing. My laptop is old so I thought to change my Gpt partition back into MBR and see if that could resolve the problem. I...
  3. Endless Blue Screen Loop - Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless Blue Screen Loop - Win 10: I have an ASUS Notebook N61Jq which was running on Windows 10. The 1/25/2021 update worked fine. Ever since attempts to make any future updates prompted an endless blue screen loop that results critical process died error windows 10 and shuts down. I've used the command...
  4. Endless Blue Screen Loop - Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless Blue Screen Loop - Win 10: I have an ASUS Notebook N61Jq which was running on Windows 10. The 1/25/2021 update worked fine. Ever since attempts to make any future updates prompted an endless blue screen loop that results critical process died error windows 10 and shuts down. I've used the command...
  5. Endless Blue Screen Loop - Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Endless restart Loop - win 10 will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless restart Loop - win 10 will not update: exact steps to install the update manually?Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎8/‎16/‎2020OS build 19042.867Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0...
  7. Win 10 Installer will not boot

Win 10 Installer will not boot: Hello All, So im attempting to replace an M.2 SSD card where the OS is currently housed and do a complete clean install of the OS onto the new M.2 card. I have followed the instructions to the T on creating the boot media of the Media Creation Tool for both a USB drive and...
  8. Endless boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless boot loop: My wife's Dell has now gone into an endless boot loop with a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO blue screen error. At one point I was able to get into the windows auto recovery screen but now I can not even get that far. Now I know my best option is to make a boot USB and run the...
  9. Windows 10 Blue Screen while booting installation

Windows 10 Blue Screen while booting installation: Hi, I've just bought new Asus R540LJ with SSD inside. I'm trying to install Windows 10 but I get blue screen just after it boots I supose. Nothing happens, just loading and blue screen. Tried with pendrive usb 3/dvd. Win 8.1 and Win 10. Is there anything I can do about...
  10. Windows 10 endless boot-animation

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 endless boot-animation: Hey guys, I've got a problem with my windows now, because it has crashed due to missing power (somehow my socket lost power). Then I've tried to reboot it some hours later and I could access my GRUB and it could get through the first state of booting but no matter what it...