Windows 10: Endless Reboot after Windows update

Discus and support Endless Reboot after Windows update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Windows 10 updated last night with the cryptic message "Your files are Safe" update. Then none of my programs would open. When i rebooted I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kate1song, Dec 16, 2015.

1. kate1song Win User

Endless Reboot after Windows update

My Windows 10 updated last night with the cryptic message "Your files are Safe" update. Then none of my programs would open.

When i rebooted I became stuck in an endless reboot cycle. I don't know how to get out of the cycle.

I get to the login page then the laptop automatically reboots itself if i don't try login. If I try to login it also reboots. So i can't get past the initial login page

Any information or fixes would be helpful.

:)

kate1song, Dec 16, 2015
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Window 10 update loop and I can't get it fixed.

Hi Archie,

To better assist you, follow the steps on how to Fix Endless Reboot Loop after Windows 10 Update:

• Open Settings.
    • Update & security.
    • Windows Update, and select "Check for updates".

Be informed that, an additional update will be downloaded and installed to your Windows 10 computer to fix endless reboot loop.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Julie Ram, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Endless Reboot Loop, Windows 10, Update: KB3097617

Endless Reboot Loop, Windows 10, Update: KB3097617

Update KB3097617 does not install automatically or manually. (I tried both: I also tried disabling my anti-virus and Windows defender when I tried installing the update manually.). It Is causing an endless reboot cycle on my Sony Vaio laptop. I get the
    following message after it tries to install the updates: 'We could not complete, undoing changes, restarting computer'. Only instead of rebooting it is cycling through and coming back to the same message again.

SarahLynn82, Dec 16, 2015
  4. kate1song Win User

also, is there any way to break the login loops cycle by logging to safe mode?

I read that the traditional method no long works.

kate1song, Dec 16, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    Did you try the power drain method? It's one way of getting out of error lock up.
    Just disconnect everything... power cable, mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc. Then press and hold the power button for 30 sec to get rid of residual power. Then put everything back and try again. I had this problem with Win 8 before and this method worked for me. No guarantee in your case but it's an easy thing to try.

badrobot, Dec 16, 2015
  6. kate1song Win User
    Tried the power down, did not work.

kate1song, Dec 16, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    badrobot, Dec 16, 2015
  8. kate1song Win User

Yes, I tried startup repair and it didn't work, now rolling back to earlier version. Windows 10 update really did a number on my pc and from my understanding it's a pretty wide spread problem.

kate1song, Dec 16, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    Your last resort is a clean install if repairs don't help.

badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Endless Reboot after Windows update - Similar Threads - Endless Reboot update

2. Endless Windows Updates after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless Windows Updates after reset: So my computer was really slow for a long time and it had been years since my last reset, so I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled windows. After it was done it was still really slow and wouldn't work right, I figured out that my hard drive itself was the problem and got a...
  3. Endless Windows Updates after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless Windows Updates after reset: So my computer was really slow for a long time and it had been years since my last reset, so I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled windows. After it was done it was still really slow and wouldn't work right, I figured out that my hard drive itself was the problem and got a...
  4. Endless rebooting after Repairing drive C, and system update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless rebooting after Repairing drive C, and system update: It all started with a complete freeze of the PC, the cursor did not move, the image on the monitor too, nothing happened at all. After restarting the system, there was a black screen, after another restart, a repair of disk C appeared, which starts at 100%, after which System...
  5. Endless rebooting after Repairing drive C, and system update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless rebooting after Repairing drive C, and system update: It all started with a complete freeze of the PC, the cursor did not move, the image on the monitor too, nothing happened at all. After restarting the system, there was a black screen, after another restart, a repair of disk C appeared, which starts at 100%, after which System...
  6. Endless rebooting after Repairing drive C, and system update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows 10 update => endless reboot [February 2021]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update => endless reboot [February 2021]: Hello, Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4601319 - caused a continuous restart/boot/update/restart/... endless loop. I've used the restore point option via advanced troubleshoot but still, I have to take the updates as I see them...
  8. Endless reboots following update installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Endless reboots following update installation: I have a computer I don't use often. I booted it up to check for updates. There were several. It was installing the last update when it just rebooted on it's own. No warning. No prompt. I thought it was just part of the update. During the reboot I expected to see the usual...
  9. Endless Reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Endless Reboot: Hello everyone, I downloaded and installed the updates and, when it asked me to reboot, I did. However, I had to leave the house, so I left it to restart. When I came back almost 6 hours later I saw the black screen with the dots moving in a circle indicating some sort of...
  10. Endless reboots after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Endless reboots after resetting windows 10: Hello everyone, I did the reset this pc option from Windows 10 and let it do its thing but now when the computer boots up it will bring up the blue hi there screen and let me fill out my country, app language, keyboard layout, and time zone, click next and then the get...