Windows 10: Endless Reset of Desktop

Discus and support Endless Reset of Desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Endless reset of desktop after in place upgrade to Creator Update, 1703. Not a boot loop, difficult to do anything when it resets every 5 seconds. 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Comp Cmndo, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Endless Reset of Desktop

Endless reset of desktop after in place upgrade to Creator Update, 1703.
    Not a boot loop, difficult to do anything when it resets every 5 seconds.
    4 successful upgrades on other computers using the same procedure.

UPDATE: Solved
    Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing - Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    Same laptop as shown in Post #4: HP Probook 4530s

Summary of thread is:
    Check if you have IDT Audio on your machine if you do simply uninstall this then restart your machine you will find that your sound still works and the annoying desktop refresh will be fixed. this was driving me crazy but all well now.

Had to do this quickly with CCleaner---Tools, before the time between resets gets too fast to do anything.
    Took 3 installs & a number of different Google searches with just the right phrase.
    No problem with earlier versions, don't know why now with the Creator's Update?

:)

Comp Cmndo, Apr 6, 2017

2. BITS constantly STOPS in Windows 10

Each time someone helpfully submits a reply, I list what I've done. My cumulative replies cover all that you've suggested. So, no, the problem is not yet solved. To sum up: Reset, Norton automatically removed, endless reruns of Windows Troubleshooter, endless
    downloads of Fall Update, endless failed Installations. Thank you.

CraftyAlice, Apr 6, 2017
  3. Resetting causes an endless loop!

Sounds like you've tried all the usual things, only thing left is a clean install.

IJustHelping, Apr 6, 2017
Thema:

Endless Reset of Desktop

1. Endless Reset of Desktop - Similar Threads - Endless Reset Desktop

2. Windows 11 desktop in an endless gray screen loop after resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop in an endless gray screen loop after resetting PC: I ordered this laptop and set up the other day. Model: HP 15-dy0027dsFirst installation worked great! However, it then had some wifi issues after performing a windows update. It would find a network connection, connect but then say no internet. After troubleshooting, I...
  3. Windows 11 desktop in an endless gray screen loop after resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop in an endless gray screen loop after resetting PC: I ordered this laptop and set up the other day. Model: HP 15-dy0027dsFirst installation worked great! However, it then had some wifi issues after performing a windows update. It would find a network connection, connect but then say no internet. After troubleshooting, I...
  4. Endless Windows 10 Updates after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless Windows 10 Updates after reset: So my computer was really slow for a long time and it had been years since my last reset, so I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled windows 10. After it was done it was still really slow and wouldn't work right, I figured out that my hard drive itself was the problem and got a...
  5. Endless Windows 10 Updates after reset

Endless Windows 10 Updates after reset: So my computer was really slow for a long time and it had been years since my last reset, so I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled windows 10. After it was done it was still really slow and wouldn't work right, I figured out that my hard drive itself was the problem and got a...
  6. Endless Windows Updates after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless Windows Updates after reset: So my computer was really slow for a long time and it had been years since my last reset, so I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled windows. After it was done it was still really slow and wouldn't work right, I figured out that my hard drive itself was the problem and got a...
  7. Endless Windows Updates after reset

Endless Windows Updates after reset: So my computer was really slow for a long time and it had been years since my last reset, so I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled windows. After it was done it was still really slow and wouldn't work right, I figured out that my hard drive itself was the problem and got a...
  8. Endless Windows Updates after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Endless boot loop after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless boot loop after reset: Ok so basically, after successfully installing windows 10 from windows 7, I decided to clean my hard drive and reset windows because I deleted my "edge" and thus my apps were not working. The problem then started, the reset went fine until it reached 64% and read "configuring...
  10. Endless reboots after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Endless reboots after resetting windows 10: Hello everyone, I did the reset this pc option from Windows 10 and let it do its thing but now when the computer boots up it will bring up the blue hi there screen and let me fill out my country, app language, keyboard layout, and time zone, click next and then the get...