Windows 10: Endless Undoing Changes Loop after hard shutdown

Discus and support Endless Undoing Changes Loop after hard shutdown in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am having issues with the computer I just purchased. It is an endless undoing changes loop that I can't get it out of. Please help! Thanks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jesse Williams, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Endless Undoing Changes Loop after hard shutdown

I am having issues with the computer I just purchased. It is an endless undoing changes loop that I can't get it out of.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

:)

Jesse Williams, Jul 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 update fail

Hi,

I have an HP notebook that came with a free upgrade to Windows 10. It was running fine for a few weeks but then asked me to install the updates. After I did, my computer went on an endless loop that says "we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes
    dont turn off computer". I tried F8 I tried taking the battery and nothing has worked.

LynetteSolano-Vazquez, Jul 3, 2016
  3. KellyBWO Win User
    Windows 10 Update - failure to complete restart

I can log in to the computer. I did not receive any error msgs the first two times that M/S update 'pushed' the Win 10 Anniversary update (happened twice several weeks apart) to my computer.

In both cases the 'endless restart' loop was running when I got to the computer hours after the update was downloaded and failed installation. It restored after 2 hard shutdowns in each case.

This last time, yesterday, I 'pulled' the update from M/S via updater and saw that the download, verify steps completed and installation started (and likely completed, proceeding to the required reboots). When the 'endless restart' condition occurred it
    was again fixed using 2 hard shutdowns I got the error code and msg noted and restored to my existing version of Win 10.

KellyBWO, Jul 3, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Endless Undoing Changes Loop after hard shutdown

Are you still having problems with this or is it now sorted?

philc43, Jul 11, 2016
  5. Jesse Williams, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Endless Undoing Changes Loop after hard shutdown

1. Endless Undoing Changes Loop after hard shutdown - Similar Threads - Endless Undoing Changes

2. Undoing changes stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing changes stuck in a loop: Hi, Windows PC stuck in an undoing chnages loop. Have worked through the forums and attempted to repair the PC in recovery mode. When selecting repair/ uninstall etc in recovery mode advises couldnt repair PC. Also when asked for password details it did not recognise...
  3. Undoing changes stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing changes stuck in a loop: Hi, Windows PC stuck in an undoing chnages loop. Have worked through the forums and attempted to repair the PC in recovery mode. When selecting repair/ uninstall etc in recovery mode advises couldnt repair PC. Also when asked for password details it did not recognise...
  4. Undoing changes stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Endless loop of Windows undoing updates on laptop with Truecrypt installed

Endless loop of Windows undoing updates on laptop with Truecrypt installed: I have an 8 Years old laptop running windows 8.1 that I am trying to re-purpose and make useable again. The Laptop has Truecrypt boot loader installed on it and I have the password. The issue is that it has sat for a couple of years and when I turned it on today it attempted...
  6. Endless Loop: Win10 says "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing Changes"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless Loop: Win10 says "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing Changes": Hello Everybody,I am not able to find any way in windows 10 to disable automatic updates. I had paused the updates advanced options, additional updates controls and settings, pause updates, but now the OS says: "The pause limit has been reached; You'll need to install the...
  7. Endless Loop: Win10 says "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing Changes"

Endless Loop: Win10 says "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing Changes": Hello Everybody,I am not able to find any way in windows 10 to disable automatic updates. I had paused the updates advanced options, additional updates controls and settings, pause updates, but now the OS says: "The pause limit has been reached; You'll need to install the...
  8. Endless Loop: Win10 says "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing Changes"

9. Undoing Changes Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undoing Changes Loop: My computer is stuck in the "undoing changes loop" and will not boot at all. Keeps trying to boot then goes in a loop back to trying to open. I have tried powering off and on three times to get to the Advanced Repair with no success. Any suggestions on on to fix this issue....
  10. Undoing changes made loop

Undoing changes made loop: So yesterday my windows 10 updated on its own and when it's about 4%, I decided to close the laptop bcs I was at a cafe and it was late at night. I went to the toilet and left my laptop for a min, when I get back, the power light was off so I went home and sleep. Today when I...