Windows 10: ENG icon

Discus and support ENG icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just got a new computer and am trying to get rid of the ENG icon in the notification area. If I turn the Input Indicator off in system icons, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john3650, Jul 13, 2016.

1. john3650 Win User

ENG icon

I have just got a new computer and am trying to get rid of the ENG icon in the notification area. If I turn the Input Indicator off in system icons, it goes away, but when I restart it re-appears and indicator has turned back on.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thank You

:)

john3650, Jul 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 Input Indicator icon on taskbar

When the computer starts the Input Indicator icon displays "ENG" alongside the clock in the taskbar.

I use Settings\System\Notifications & Actions\Turn system icons on or off and change the setting for Input Indicator to "Off".

This works fine as the "ENG" icon disappears. However when the computer is restarted after being shut down the "ENG" icon re-appears. It seems that this setting is just temporary and reverts to "On" when shut down.

How do I make the Input Indicator setting remain "Off"?

Keith_Stone, Jul 13, 2016
  3. john3650 Win User
    Want to remove english language

How can I permanently get rid of the ENG icon in the notification area in Windows 10. I can remove it in settings, but it always reappears when I reboot.

Thank You.

OP - ENG

john3650, Jul 13, 2016
  4. equoox Win User

ENG icon

The way I have found to remove this annoyance is via Settings > Time and Language > Region and Language

I guess like me you have English United Kingdom installed so will have that and English United States listed.
    Click on English United States to select it then click Remove.
    That should solved it
    *Smile

equoox, Sep 26, 2016
  5. john3650 Win User
    Worked perfectly, thank you.

john3650, Sep 26, 2016
  6. equoox Win User
    It is annoying that turning the input selector off didn't fix it in the first place.

equoox, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ENG icon

1. ENG icon - Similar Threads - ENG icon

2. IS THIS REAL COPY OF WIN 11 PRO 64BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD version 22h2 build date...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS THIS REAL COPY OF WIN 11 PRO 64BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD version 22h2 build date...: is this a geniune copy of WIN11 PRO 64 BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD VERSION 22H2 BUILD DATE DISC 12/06/2023 PART NO3# FQC 10528 COA BARCODES 035567089535 work order no# j000045002-0000 build date 12/06/23 made in usa printer no subpc-12001 end item pn : fqc-10528 cart no :...
  3. IS THIS REAL COPY OF WIN 11 PRO 64BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD version 22h2 build date...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IS THIS REAL COPY OF WIN 11 PRO 64BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD version 22h2 build date...: is this a geniune copy of WIN11 PRO 64 BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD VERSION 22H2 BUILD DATE DISC 12/06/2023 PART NO3# FQC 10528 COA BARCODES 035567089535 work order no# j000045002-0000 build date 12/06/23 made in usa printer no subpc-12001 end item pn : fqc-10528 cart no :...
  4. Windows 8.1 ENG INTL FOR OEM SOFTWARE Product key not working after clean install of Windows 10

Windows 8.1 ENG INTL FOR OEM SOFTWARE Product key not working after clean install of Windows 10: Hello,I just upgraded my CPU and did a clean install of Windows 10 Home via media creation tool/USB but when I tried to activate with my Windows 8.1 ENG INTL FOR OEM SOFTWARE Product key, it doesn't work and gives me the following:We can't activate windows on this device...
  5. Windows 8.1 ENG INTL FOR OEM SOFTWARE Product key not working after clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8.1 ENG INTL FOR OEM SOFTWARE Product key not working after clean install of Windows 10: Hello,I just upgraded my CPU and did a clean install of Windows 10 Home via media creation tool/USB but when I tried to activate with my Windows 8.1 ENG INTL FOR OEM SOFTWARE Product key, it doesn't work and gives me the following:We can't activate windows on this device...
  6. Windows 8.1 ENG INTL FOR OEM SOFTWARE Product key not working after clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. windows 11 still adding ENG-US keyboard layout when launching certain applications in 2023

windows 11 still adding ENG-US keyboard layout when launching certain applications in 2023: This is a useless feature and i can't seem to turn it off, i tried this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-automatically-adding-en-us-keyboard/69aaea0d-f588-4d54-89fa-a632ae7bced3 but it doesn't do aynthingdo i have to finally and definitively...
  8. How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Comboxer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hua8dn/how_to_remove_eng_icon_from_the_taskbar/
  9. ENG icon not changing anymore when I switch languages on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    ENG icon not changing anymore when I switch languages on my keyboard: The "ENG" icon is not changing anymore when I switch from English keyboard to Japanese keyboard. It used to show me which type of input I'm on by changing from "ENG" to "あ" (hiragana), "ア" (katakana), or "A" (full width). My Japanese keyboard still works, however, I can't...
  10. How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?: I would like to remove the ENG bar/icon from the taskbar but cannot find the relevant setting. For some reason the US keyboard layout is listed even though it's not present in the control panel. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/0gDJMHy.png 89288