Windows 10: English not showing up as install language

Discus and support English not showing up as install language in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the ISO using the Media Creation tool of Windows 10, booted my system with it but at the Language and Country selection screen (the very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by manuk, Jul 31, 2015.

1. manuk Win User

English not showing up as install language

I downloaded the ISO using the Media Creation tool of Windows 10, booted my system with it but at the Language and Country selection screen (the very first one) I can see only one country "Cestina (Ceska Republika)" . Similarly in language drop-down, English is not listed, neither are US or UK listed as countries. What do I do? Please help.

English not showing up as install language [​IMG]

:)

manuk, Jul 31, 2015
  2. acsouza23 Win User

Unable to download and change sytem language on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10 won't change languages

I bought a new computer recently and it came in Portuguese. I tried to change it to English, since I had Windows 10 Pro (it's not a home edition) and I had heard that it was possible to do so, but every time I try to install the English language pack, it
    downloads and freezes up and doesn't conclude the installation. Instead, a message shows up and says that it's looking for a Windows Update. At first, I had thought that it was unique to US English, but when I tried to install the UK English language pack,
    it didn't go through either. I also attempted to install it through the language wizard and download the language pack separately, but a message shows up saying that it isn't compatible with my system. So I then tried to update the system and try everything
    all over again, but even after the update, the same messages and problems still occur: not compatible, searching for update and no installing.

What should I do to change the language and install the language pack?

Thank you for your help.

acsouza23, Jul 31, 2015
  3. ApNa008 Win User
    Language in language bar doesn't changes

I have installed two languages English(US) by default and Macedonian. After the latest update I can only use Macedonian, shift+alt doesn't work, the language bar doesn't show. When i install another language, like English(United Kingdom) it works but still
    doesn't show the English(US).

ApNa008, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Rudy Mas Win User

You probably downloaded the wrong language ISO. When you use Media Creation Tool, make sure you choose the right language to download.

The only thing you can do now, is download it again, but this time, with the right language option set. Sorry...

Rudy Mas, Jul 31, 2015
  5. manuk Win User
    Kept my eyes open this time round, downloaded the correct language ISO. Installed, done and dusted.

manuk, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Rudy Mas Win User
    *Smile And now the fun can start. *Smile

Rudy Mas, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Great. Any other question's so far ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. English not showing up as install language - Similar Threads - English showing install

2. language not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language not showing up: Hi all, I'm helping a friend with a project that requires Amharic to be installed on three computers. So, I installed the language pack on the first computer, following the steps here,...
  3. language not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language not showing up: Hi all, I'm helping a friend with a project that requires Amharic to be installed on three computers. So, I installed the language pack on the first computer, following the steps here,...
  4. English language pack

English language pack: I have upgraded my windows 7 home edition to windows 7 ultimate.The reason for this upgrade was that my windows is in Greek and i wanted the English version. Trying to download the English language pack i keep getting an error message.error code 80070002. Please help......
  5. Multiple English Languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple English Languages: can someone explain to me why I have two English keyboards and I can't remove either of them? System locale is English New Zealand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-english-languages/736d21b4-3b92-426c-a6a5-5a07df695cea
  6. Multiple English Languages

Multiple English Languages: can someone explain to me why I have two English keyboards and I can't remove either of them? System locale is English New Zealand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-english-languages/736d21b4-3b92-426c-a6a5-5a07df695cea
  7. Not Installed language showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Installed language showing up: Hello,I tried to remove useless languages that I don't need it, but there is something weird. In the setting, it says that English and French are the only language on preferred list, but when I click on the task bar language, there is another language called "Afrikaans" that...
  8. Chinese text showing up in random places; English is the defaul language

Chinese text showing up in random places; English is the defaul language: Hello all, This is a strange one and it's difficult to search for help because of other common problems with displaying Chinese text. A computer shows Chinese at seemingly random places. I will post screenshots below. English US is the only language in the computer's...
  9. English language pack installation problem

English language pack installation problem: Hi, After I download and install the English language pack from Microsoft Store, my computer's language changed to English. However, after I shut down and restart my computer, it change back to the original language, and in my computer settings, the English language pack...
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my windows 8.1 ISO instal to US Keyboard and Language