Windows 10: Enhancements Tab on wrong audio device properties

Discus and support Enhancements Tab on wrong audio device properties in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Envy Recline 27 Windows 10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.14) While trying the solve the windows 10 no audio after sleep problem, I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Genesis, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Genesis Win User

Enhancements Tab on wrong audio device properties

HP Envy Recline 27
    Windows 10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.14)

While trying the solve the windows 10 no audio after sleep problem, I noticed that since the 1511 Upgrade and the windows 10 RollUp the following week, the Playback Enhancements tab had moved from the IDT High Definition Audio Codec properties to the USB Audio Codec properties. I don't know if this problem is related to no audio after sleep problem, which I assume is a power management problem.

Both drivers are up to date and since the windows upgrades there are no roll-back option on either.
    I'm considering uninstalling both, but unsure on order of reinstall.

:)

Genesis, Nov 29, 2015

2. [SOLVED] Update KB3147062 causing audio driver issues in Windows

Hi Miguel,

KB3147062 disables audio effects for a specific set of Conexant devices. You can re-enable them by going to Sound Menu, Right click the Audio Playback Device, select Properties and then go to Enhancements tab.

Uncheck Disable all sound effects and click Ok.

For the microphone, in sound menu go to Recording tab, right click the recording device, select Properties and go to the advance tab. Check, Enable audio enhancements and click Ok.

Mario Barba, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Sound problems

You have to turn off audio enhancements. Right click speaker icon go to playback devices then properties click enhancements tab and disable all enhancements. That fixes it

YvonnePeralta, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

Enhancements Tab on wrong audio device properties

1. Enhancements Tab on wrong audio device properties - Similar Threads - Enhancements Tab wrong

2. Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...: I have been using the same headset for 2 years ...the hyper x cloud alpha wireless. It connects wirelessly to the dongle that came with it which plugs into a USB port. I don't use the Hyperx Ngenuity App to control Equalization, and I don't want to so please don't reply...
  3. Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...: I have been using the same headset for 2 years ...the hyper x cloud alpha wireless. It connects wirelessly to the dongle that came with it which plugs into a USB port. I don't use the Hyperx Ngenuity App to control Equalization, and I don't want to so please don't reply...
  4. Enhancements tab in microphone properties missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancements tab in microphone properties missing: I have already updated the driver to High definition audio device but only the enhancements tab in speaker properties popped up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enhancements-tab-in-microphone-properties-missing/74f555da-ac11-4ad3-9f8f-26cf1dd82b77
  5. Enhancements tab in microphone properties missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancements tab in microphone properties missing: I have already updated the driver to High definition audio device but only the enhancements tab in speaker properties popped up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enhancements-tab-in-microphone-properties-missing/74f555da-ac11-4ad3-9f8f-26cf1dd82b77
  6. Enhancements tab in microphone properties missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why not Enhancements tab for Speakers Properties

Why not Enhancements tab for Speakers Properties: My speakers properties does not have the enhancements tab Why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-not-enhancements-tab-for-speakers-properties/bd8ce2cc-a921-49dd-bdeb-f5d902bd0e14
  8. Audio Enhancements Tab Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Enhancements Tab Missing: I have a Dell Precision 5530 laptop with Windows 10 Pro. It's relatively new, and I noticed there is no audio Enhancements tab for the Speakers/Headphones control window. I've gone through the steps of updating my driver, uninstalling and reinstalling it, contacting Dell...
  9. Audio Enhancement Tab is Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Enhancement Tab is Missing: I've tried multiple ways to fix this issue. I've tried to update the drivers, go on my motherboards support page and update the driver, device manager and update the driver, tried downloading drivers from realtek hd themselves but I still can't get any audio enhancements on...
  10. Audio Enhancements Tab Missing

Audio Enhancements Tab Missing: Hello, I am brand new to these forums and have been wondering why my Audio Enhancements Tab is missing now that i am using Windows 10. I used to have Windows 7 and it worked fine. I have no clue what sound card i have and it doesn't show up in device manager either, i believe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone properties enhancement tab only shows disable all