Windows 10: Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake.

Discus and support Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How the hell do I stop the mandatory updates. I'm sick of losing work and progress because Microsoft think they know whats best for me and me set up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ikej96, Jul 25, 2018.

1. ikej96 Win User

Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake.

How the hell do I stop the mandatory updates. I'm sick of losing work and progress because Microsoft think they know whats best for me and me set up. The excuse of "some people would fail to install important updates" is ****. Every time windows decides "oh look time for an update" it not only makes me lose work and progress, but it also ABSOLUTELY **** MY PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS! I'm sick and tired of this. Give me a way to deny updates without writing scripts that only work when I'm at my computer and don't give me the "set your off hours to late at night" as that's when I let things run so I'm not wasting time and processing power during the day. I've had enough and if this can't be fixed I'm seriously considering moving from the windows OS to something that respect their consumers and doesn't treat them like children who refuse to take their medicine.

:)

ikej96, Jul 25, 2018

2. Sceensaver changes for the sake of it?

I have now returned to my problematic PC, I've followed your suggested couse of action;

Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

As I am no expert, I chose the "Windows Update Troubleshooter" Blue Button, not sure if that is what you intended. I followed all the steps and eventually got to the DISM tool; unfortunately with no success. I contionued
    until I had successfully performed an “in-place upgrade” of Windows 10, again with no luck!

The next step is a clean install of Windows 10, and I'm afraid that is a step I'm not prepared to take for the sake of a miss-behaving screen saver.

So unless someone can tell me that they know what is wrong with my installation of Windows, rather than what they think is wrong.... I will be taking no further action.

But thank you for your efforts.

High Miler, Jul 25, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 25, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake. - Similar Threads - Enough mandatory updates

2. Stop your annoying UPDATES FOR GOD SAKE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop your annoying UPDATES FOR GOD SAKE!: Can Microsoft stop releasing updates every now and then ?? Your updates waste peoples time in their busy work schedule! Or at least allow us to have control over our device ….don’t force us to update ….stop your monopoly , I am never buying a windows product again !!!...
  3. Stop your annoying UPDATES FOR GOD SAKE!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop your annoying UPDATES FOR GOD SAKE!: Can Microsoft stop releasing updates every now and then ?? Your updates waste peoples time in their busy work schedule! Or at least allow us to have control over our device ….don’t force us to update ….stop your monopoly , I am never buying a windows product again !!!...
  4. FS2020 Mandatory Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FS2020 Mandatory Update: Flight Sim 2020 Mandatory update screen when starting up but there is no update in Shop Does not allow the program to load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs2020-mandatory-update/3f63cd4d-13c3-4a5b-a107-ab86cc3eb8a7
  5. MFS 2020 Mandatory Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MFS 2020 Mandatory Update: I have downloaded latest FS2020 mandatory update but it will not install. At the install screen I hit Update and it brings up an adobo airport kord for download and then hangs up. Nothing else happens. Have re-installed FS2020 twice from MS store and have same problem. Can I...
  6. FS2O20 Mandatory update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2O20 Mandatory update: I just installed this update and it changed how all the buttons work like altitude, vertical speed. You know have to scroll with the mouse wheel to change and cannot set the height/speed like before. I can adjust the altitude but not put the botton to set it as the new...
  7. Window 10 Mandatory Update FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Mandatory Update FAILED: Microsoft pushed down a mandatory update due to my current version end of life. I pushed off the update as long as I could and then I was not given an option to extend the upgrade. I restarted my PC as indicated and came back hours later to see my PC booting and rebooting...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...: Anyone else having this issue? Not even getting to game launch screen. Task Manager indicates that MFS CPU usage is around 35% and power usage "Very High" I chatted to a Microsoft agent but they could only suggest that it is due to high demand on launch day....
  9. Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?: The latest update cause for the most of my apps not to work. submitted by /u/JPysus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvi0a7/is_there_anyway_to_stop_the_update_to_be_mandatory/
  10. No Sound After Mandatory Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound After Mandatory Update: My windows 10 machine updated a couple weeks ago and it no longer outputs any sound. Over the taskbar sound icon there is a red x. I've tried several combinations of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and none have produced results. The only next step I can think of is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enough with the windows updates