Windows 10: Enter in "Default programs" the path to new default program?

Discus and support Enter in "Default programs" the path to new default program? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How could one enter in "Default programs" the path to a program to be set as a default program? I want a portable Firefox to be the default browser.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bingus, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Bingus Win User

Enter in "Default programs" the path to new default program?

How could one enter in "Default programs" the path to a program to be set as a default program?

I want a portable Firefox to be the default browser.

The path to this Firefox is wrong (Firefox is opened without using its profile) so I want to add the correct path (this one: C:\Lw C\FirefoxPortableESR\FirefoxPortable.exe):

Enter in "Default programs" the path to new default program? [​IMG]

:)

Bingus, Dec 11, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Dec 11, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Dec 11, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

You cannot set a Portable App as a default program because of the design of the program. You need to install Firefox on the machine if you wish to use it. Portable means exactly that. Mainly used when on public machines that allow USB access, which very few do anymore for security reasons.

bro67, Dec 11, 2017
  5. Bingus Win User
    Thank you very much!

Well, well, some of my protable programs are the default programs like the portable Firefox was.

Bingus, Dec 11, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Again you cannot just install a portable program in place of the actual program that gets installed in Windows. The reason for a program to be portable, is so that it will run off of a USB stick by itself and not leave any trace on the computer you used it on.

If you want to use Firefox, then download and install the proper version of Firefox for Windows, not a Portable edition.

bro67, Dec 11, 2017
  7. Bingus Win User
    Yes, yes, alright, of course, thank you very much!

Bingus, Dec 11, 2017
  8. Enter in "Default programs" the path to new default program?

Actually the other user is wrong it is possible to set a portable app as default by forcing windows to recognize it in the apps list.

According to this developer here GitHub - henrypp/chrlauncher: Small and very fast portable launcher and updater for Chromium. it is more than possible and on my machine I have done so. I am able to run a portable chromium version as default app and have it show up in the settings.

Code: @echo off set "CHRLAUNCHER_PATH=%~dp0chrlauncher.exe" set "CHRLAUNCHER_ICON=\"%CHRLAUNCHER_PATH%\",0" set "CHRLAUNCHER_ARGS=\"%CHRLAUNCHER_PATH%\" \"%%1\"" if not exist "%CHRLAUNCHER_PATH%" ( echo ERROR: "chrlauncher.exe" not found. ) else ( reg add hklm /f>nul 2>&1 if ERRORLEVEL 1 ( echo ERROR: you have no privileges. ) else ( regedit /s "%~dp0RegistryCleaner.reg" reg add "HKLM\Software\Classes\chrlauncherHTML" /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "Chromium HTML Document" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Classes\chrlauncherHTML\DefaultIcon" /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "%CHRLAUNCHER_ICON%" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Classes\chrlauncherHTML\shell\open\command" /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "%CHRLAUNCHER_ARGS%" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Classes\chrlauncherURL" /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "Chromium URL Protocol" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Classes\chrlauncherURL" /v "EditFlags" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Classes\chrlauncherURL" /v "FriendlyTypeName" /t REG_SZ /d "Chromium URL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Classes\chrlauncherURL" /v "URL Protocol" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Classes\chrlauncherURL\DefaultIcon" /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "%CHRLAUNCHER_ICON%" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Classes\chrlauncherURL\shell\open\command" /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "%CHRLAUNCHER_ARGS%" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\RegisteredApplications" /v "chrlauncher" /t REG_SZ /d "Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher" /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncher" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\DefaultIcon" /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "%CHRLAUNCHER_ICON%" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\shell\open\command" /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "\"%CHRLAUNCHER_PATH%\"" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\InstallInfo" /v "IconsVisible" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities" /v "ApplicationIcon" /t REG_SZ /d "%CHRLAUNCHER_ICON%" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities" /v "ApplicationName" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncher" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities" /v "ApplicationDescription" /t REG_SZ /d "Chromium portable launcher and updater" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\FileAssociations" /v ".htm" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherHTML" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\FileAssociations" /v ".html" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherHTML" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\FileAssociations" /v ".shtml" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherHTML" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\FileAssociations" /v ".xht" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherHTML" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\FileAssociations" /v ".xhtml" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherHTML" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\StartMenu" /v "StartMenuInternet" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncher" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "ftp" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "http" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "https" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "mailto" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "webcal" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "urn" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "tel" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "smsto" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "sms" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "nntp" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "news" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "mms" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\chrlauncher\Capabilities\URLAssociations" /v "irc" /t REG_SZ /d "chrlauncherURL" /f ) ) [/quote] You will have to edit a bat file with the correct information for it to work however.

youarethebest, Dec 13, 2017
  9. Bingus Win User
    Yes, I know, as mentioned I use portable programs as default programs like Firefox, but suddenly Firefox is not the default browser anymore, so I wanted to know how to make it a default program again.

Well, I do not have any idea of bat files.

Many thanks

Bingus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Enter in "Default programs" the path to new default program? - Similar Threads - Enter Default programs

2. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  3. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  4. Default Program

Default Program: can't create an association in the Default Program. Can't email scanned item, "no email program is associated to forward scan as email." Followed directions to select the file type to change Mail to Thunderbird, but do not find an OK box to confirm the change....
  5. Default programs

Default programs: I just reinstalled Windows10 with latest updates and now when I go to Settings to set my defaults specifically Photos - ThumbsPlus , ThumbsPlus does not show up as a selection. The option to select another program from this PC is no longer there, the only options are various...
  6. Default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default programs: I have set up my default browser properly and when I start it, after startup, it asks me t;o make it the default browser; I have to set it up again and I still get the "make me the default browser" . I know how to do it properly, I've been doing it for years, also the...
  7. Default Program

Default Program: Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to get back to the old Default Program Screen in Win 10. I'm using 10 Pro version 1803 build 17134.407 now. I just don't like the way the new setup is. Thanks much! 122096
  8. Default Program

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Program: Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to get back to the old Default Program Screen in Win 10. I'm using 10 Pro version 1803 build 17134.407 now. I just don't like the way the new setup is. Thanks much! 122096
  9. Default programs

Default programs: How do I add a program to a default list in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-programs/ae375909-7b32-42fc-aa6e-b492971112a4
  10. Default Programs??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default Programs??: I'm making a Windows 10 Pro image and I want to make some programs I installed from the administrator account to be default for all users that sign in from our active directory. Is this possible just by using the admin account?? 38787

Users found this page by searching for:

1. %~dp0registrycleaner.reg