Windows 10: Enter PIN number twice every login

Discus and support Enter PIN number twice every login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After a recent update (not sure which, the first couple times I thought I had entered the pin wrong), I enter my pin number (correctly), and the screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RobbyK, Oct 8, 2016.

1. RobbyK Win User

Enter PIN number twice every login

After a recent update (not sure which, the first couple times I thought I had entered the pin wrong), I enter my pin number (correctly), and the screen refreshes and I have to reenter the pin, this time the pc accepts it and logs in.

I am making sure that I am entering the pin correctly, but it still won't accept it first time.

Also, and I don't know if it's related or not, but I have an update that won't install. It just says that "unable to install updates undoing changes". Only mentioning it just in case it is relevant.

:)

RobbyK, Oct 8, 2016
  2. Devinb07 Win User

Keyboard Unresponsive On Start Up, can't enter pin number.

When starting up computer after a shut down it asks for my pin number to boot up. Keyboard is not responsive and I am unable to enter my pin. I do a restart from the login screen and after several minutes I get the prompt again to enter my pin. Keyboard
    works fine on the 2nd login. This means every time I start up computer from being shut down I have to do it twice.

Anyone? Anyone?

Devinb07, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Sign up (pin password) problem after Windows fall creators update

I use a PIN number to log on to my PC and since the Fall Creators Update, I need to enter the number twice. After the first PIN entry, I'm back at the lock/login screen. Any ideas? Please, Resolve the issue ASAP.

RoopeshK.S, Oct 8, 2016
  4. Enter PIN number twice every login

I am having the same issue, started last night.
    I have to enter PIN twice on Login, updates won't install and it gives me no error code

jdickinson, Oct 8, 2016
Thema:

Enter PIN number twice every login

1. Enter PIN number twice every login - Similar Threads - Enter PIN number

2. Unable to enter computer pin number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter computer pin number: I set-up my new computer yesterday and was in the process of adding links today. The new computer closes and logs me out if left unused for more than a couple minutes but was no problem when I opened it and entered my pin number.Today, I am unable to enter my pin number. When...
  3. Unable to enter computer pin number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enter computer pin number: I set-up my new computer yesterday and was in the process of adding links today. The new computer closes and logs me out if left unused for more than a couple minutes but was no problem when I opened it and entered my pin number.Today, I am unable to enter my pin number. When...
  4. PIN number to login to PC

PIN number to login to PC: I have just replaced a CPU in my PC, when I try to login to my PC as normal, I am get a message, Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security setting on this device. Please can anyone help me resolve this issue? Thanks you Oliver....
  5. PIN number to login to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN number to login to PC: I have just replaced a CPU in my PC, when I try to login to my PC as normal, I am get a message, Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security setting on this device. Please can anyone help me resolve this issue? Thanks you Oliver....
  6. No internet and l cannot enter PIN number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet and l cannot enter PIN number: No internet so I can’t enter PIN number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-and-l-cannot-enter-pin-number/17b749b0-aff7-42fc-bd34-3748aa26023d
  7. No numbers appear when entering log in PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No numbers appear when entering log in PIN: Today when I tried enter my PIN the number nothing appears in the input box. I have tried wireless keyboard numeral keys and num lock keys. and laptop Logged in using my Microsoft account and got wrong password message. Reset password worked including entering numerals for...
  8. No numbers appear when entering log in PIN

No numbers appear when entering log in PIN: Today when I tried enter my PIN the number nothing appears in the input box. I have tried wireless keyboard numeral keys and num lock keys. and laptop Logged in using my Microsoft account and got wrong password message. Reset password worked including entering numerals for...
  9. Pin Number and Enter

Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  10. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...