Windows 10: Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

Discus and support Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 How to Enter Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

How to: Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

How to Enter Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

Emoji are ideograms and smileys used in electronic messages and Web pages. Emoji are used much like emoticons and exist in various genres, including facial expressions, common objects, places and types of weather, and animals.

Starting with Windows 10 build 16215, a new Emoji Panel has been added to make it easier entering emoji on your hardware keyboard.

Starting with default app mode. The Emoji Panel now provides a search feature. After opening the panel via the Win + period (.) or semicolon (Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 ;) hotkeys, keep typing. The words you type will be used to filter the emoji displayed.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, Microsoft has added support for more languages and as of today’s build you can now use the emoji over 190 locals – 152 of which have tooltip support when you hover over each emoji. This includes English (Great Britain), French (France), German (Germany), Spanish (Spain), and more. Currently you can only browse and use mouse/touch/keyboard to pick an emoji in these languages, however Microsoft is working on adding search.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17101, Microsoft is bringing search support to more locales. Now you can find an emoji by keyword in over 150 locales, including English (Great Britain), French (France), German (Germany), Spanish (Spain), and more. This will help you get the emoji you want easily and quickly.

*tip Windows 10 Tip: Emoji Panel overhaul includes more languages, ways to insert multiple emoji - Windows Experience Blog

This tutorial will show you how to open and use the Emoji Panel for entering emoji in a text box on your hardware keyboard in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Emoji Panel

Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. While focus is in a text box, press the Win + period (.) or Win + semicolon (Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 ;) keys to open the Emoji Panel. (see screenshots below)

2. You can now select and enter an emoji you want from the Emoji Panel.

*note In the People emoji category, you can change the skin tone of the emoji by clicking the button on the top-right.

In addition to using your mouse to select an emoji, you can also navigate through the panel by using the following keys:

• Arrow keys = Navigate among emoji
    • Tab / Shift + Tab = Switch emoji category
    • Enter = Select an emoji
    • Esc = Close the panel

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 31, 2017
  2. Geosammy Win User

I have not done anything to change the aforementioned settings.
    As you can see form the image posted below.

Geosammy, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open

Hi All,
    I also posted this same question here...

Anyway,

I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open,
    using either *Start+ ., or *Start + ; key's.

I've done a system file check and no integrity violations were found.

Is there a know service, that needs to be turned on/running for this to work?
    Or maybe there's a setting I've overlooked, or perhaps turned off?

Any suggestion on how to correct this issue, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

As a side note:
    The emoji panel use to open as intended, but now it doesn't.
    It also did not function, prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Geosammy Win User

@Brink

Hi
    I tried your suggested test and nothing happens.
    The emoji panel did not open.*Sad

Note:
    This was also occurring prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Geosammy Win User

I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open,
    using either Win + period or Win + semicolon key's.*Sad
    I've done a system file check and no integrity violations were found.
    Is there a know service,
    that needs to be turned on/running for this to work?

Or maybe there's a setting I've overlooked,
    or perhaps turned off?

As a side note.
    The emoji panel use to open as intended,
    but now it doesn't.

Geosammy, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Entering Emoji Hardware

2. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  3. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  4. Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis: The emoji panel in Windows 10 That displays when we press the keys Windows + Period in a text editor displays different emojis ever since I installed a lot of fonts at once. Then I tried uninstalling those fonts, until I had just the default Windows fonts, however the emoji...
  5. Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis: The emoji panel in Windows 10 That displays when we press the keys Windows + Period in a text editor displays different emojis ever since I installed a lot of fonts at once. Then I tried uninstalling those fonts, until I had just the default Windows fonts, however the emoji...
  6. Add Custom Emojis to the Emoji Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Custom Emojis to the Emoji Keyboard: I want to add custom emojis to the Emoji menu windows key + ., but I can't find the option.I have a feeling that there is no option, but I'm going to try asking anyway.So how do I do it?...
  7. NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL AND TOUCH KEYBOARD

NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL AND TOUCH KEYBOARD: Hellow I have a problem with emoji panel and touch keyboard also it is not opening in my latest windows version preview v20H2 but it works in this version before resetting my pc when i press shortcut key "windows + ." so please help me my keyboard is set to English us and...
  8. Issues with the emoji panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with the emoji panel: I didn't know where to post this so if I posted in the wrong category I'm sorry. As the title says I have a problem with the emoji panel in Windows 10. The app opens fine, but I can't insert any emoji anywhere. Does anyone else have this issue? If so how did you fix it? 162731
  9. Emoji panel problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emoji panel problem: Just found out about this nice addition, yet I cannot use it. The panel shows up correctly after I press Win+. but after that, when I click on any emoji, it simply doesn't work, the text remains empty. I'm using windows 10 2004 build 19041 (everything updated, I just checked...
  10. Windows 10 emoji panel

Windows 10 emoji panel: I get some interesting emojis from friends and was wondering if there is any way of adding them to the MS emoji panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-emoji-panel/d7724d0a-a6ef-4e64-8209-3c8542a84e28