Windows 10: Epic fix by Samsung customer service

Discus and support Epic fix by Samsung customer service in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some of you may recall my last thread titled "Windows 10 download major fail." The error message I was getting, "We couldn't update the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gword, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Gword Win User

Epic fix by Samsung customer service

Some of you may recall my last thread titled "Windows 10 download major fail."
    The error message I was getting, "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" was telling me there was a problem with the SSD. I thought it had locked itself and I just couldn't figure it out.
    I called Samsung customer service this morning and really lucked out. I got a very talented customer service rep at a service center in New Jersey and he was like the most talented CSR person I ever dealt with in my life.
    He connected to my computer via remote service and just very rapidly fixed my SSD, it had some corrupted partitions and he built a new 450Mb partition on it and started the download from
    Windows 10
    I could see right away the problem was fixed and sure enough I had the W10 download going strong.
    So I got the new OS installed and now I am so impressed.
    Moral of the story?
    If any of you have the error message like mine above and if your SSD is a late model Samsung, call them. They are so helpful and they will fix your issue.
    Windows 10 is gorgeous and I've had a very good day.

Edit:
    About 8 hours after W10 installed and settings adjusted:
    This OS is so awesome I just ordered a brand new LG Ultrawide monitor to show it off.
    All you people who don't have W10 yet, do whatever you must to get it. It is eye popping splendid.

Edit01:
    It's getting late over here on the west coast, I need to step away from the computer and say goodnight.
    Goodnight downloaders.

Edit02:
    Okay it's the next day now, of course I'm back here playing with shiny new OS.
    So what happened here. I had the Windows 10 download reservation and at midnight of the 28th July Microsoft began trying to download the W10 file. It repeatedly failed with several error codes but the final error was "We couldn't update the system partition."
    This computer was built by me and I removed the old HDD from the previous computer and installed it in this new one. I then installed a Samsung SSD and migrated the data from the old HDD to the new SSD using Samsung's migration software that comes with the SSD package.
    I do remember it took two tries to get it right.
    Well apparently it mangled some partitions a little bit but not enough for this rookie builder to notice. The new system seemed to be running fine.
    Windows 10 download was not able to change the boot partition size because of this and started failing and giving me errors.
    I am not a computer science expert so when I looked at the Disk Management tool window it was hieroglyphics to me.
    Enter Samsung Customer Service.
    It was like hiring a graduate degree computer science student to come over here and help me out.
    He repaired the bad partitions and built a new 450Mb partition for W10.
    Because of that my system not only sucked down and installed W10 like a hungry dog, it has never run faster or smoother.
    Who knew customer service could be so wonderful?

:)

Gword, Jul 30, 2015
  2. motor70 Win User

Is there going to be a W7P with Sprint as the carrier.... or is it exclusively with the existing carriers? Will there be an app if not???

Im currently a Sprint user.... and just bought the Samsung "EPIC".... I noticed one of the phones for W7P is a Samsung, with the same type of technology as my EPIC. Am I out of luck with this phone, or is there an app, or download available???

motor70, Jul 30, 2015
  3. how do you download music from the computer to my phone

i have an samsung epic phone and a hp computer

MS.TIFFANYP, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Epic fix by Samsung customer service

1. Epic fix by Samsung customer service - Similar Threads - Epic fix Samsung

2. error in epic games service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error in epic games service: when installing epic games launcher and trying to update itit shows that the update failed with the error EOS ERR 1602when searching in YouTube I see all the similar error are 1603 not 1602...
  3. error in epic games service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error in epic games service: when installing epic games launcher and trying to update itit shows that the update failed with the error EOS ERR 1602when searching in YouTube I see all the similar error are 1603 not 1602...
  4. Customer service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customer service: My computer was hacked need to speak to someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customer-service/dc9da1d5-54d9-4890-ada6-f632d8135e97
  5. Customer service?

Customer service?: My hp laptop logged me out, due to a update, and now I am required to login in but I forgot my password. I cannot reset my password because the device I am logged in on for that email verification is the device the update logged me out of. What should I do?I also called the...
  6. Customer Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Customer Service: I have been trying to get my laptop out of S Mode since 9am this morning. It is now 3pm. First with HP, now with Microsoft. I have done all the normal steps found in the forums and quick Google searches. I’m currently wiping my laptop and will just have to start from scratch...
  7. customer service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    customer service: I need to know is there a way to get in touch with a person at Microsoft. My mother is having this problem trying to login to her computer for about two months now and we can't figure it out. If I could talk to a human we could fix it in five minutes. I've read all the...
  8. customer service

customer service: I need to know is there a way to get in touch with a person at Microsoft. My mother is having this problem trying to login to her computer for about two months now and we can't figure it out. If I could talk to a human we could fix it in five minutes. I've read all the...
  9. customer service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Customer Service

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Customer Service: I have a desktop linked up to an old Microsoft account that we no longer have access to. The desktop has updated itself and is asking for the password to this old account. The only options it gives me is to send an email to this same account I cannot access. Ive called 3...