Windows 10: Epson 4870

Discus and support Epson 4870 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Like others I have my Epson 4870 at least working using Windows Scan and Windows 11, albeit in a very reduced capacity. In an earlier reply to a locked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stuart Davison1, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Epson 4870

Like others I have my Epson 4870 at least working using Windows Scan and Windows 11, albeit in a very reduced capacity. In an earlier reply to a locked thread @SeawalkerDesign replied that they have it working, does anyone know how to get the transparency scanner working as I want to scan some old slides but can't find any such options in the Microsoft Scan app?

:)

Stuart Davison1, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Steve C Win User

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Epson 4870 [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

Epson 4870 [​IMG]

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

Epson 4870 [​IMG]

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

Epson 4870 [​IMG]

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Jun 11, 2024
  3. xwray Win User

Thanks Steve...I performed these steps *exactly* as well as with the 4870 drivers. Nothing is working. I have just about concluded that for whatever reason my Win10 install (from the "free" upgrade version) and the 4870 just aren't compatible. I just now reinstalled Win7 on a spare drive and installed the drivers without incident.
    I didn't really want to switch to Win10 anyhow what with all of it's privacy concerns and only did so because of the ongoing windows update issues with Win7. When it unilaterally decided to rename one of my folders screwing up my photo links I nearly removed it then and there. There's a lot more about Win10 I do not like and I'm probably going to toss it and go back to 7 permanently.

xwray, Jun 11, 2024
  4. xwray Win User

Epson 4870

I always get the following result no matter which way I approach it:

**************************************************************************************************** ***
    "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it

EPSON Perfection 4870

The system cannot find the file specified"
    **************************************************************************************************** ****************

BUT, I can see the file in the folder I'm pointing to...here is an excerpt from the file (ES34.inf) - sure looks like it's for the 4870 to me?:

[Strings]
    Mfg = "EPSON"
    ES34.DeviceDesc = "EPSON Perfection 4870"
    DSName = "EPSON Perfection 4870"
    StartButton = "Start Button"
    RegSection = "SOFTWARE\EPSON\EPSON Scan\ES0034"
    RegSection.x64 = "SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\EPSON\EPSON Scan\ES0034"
    ScanApp = "EPSON Scan"
    DiskName = "EPSON Scanners Driver Disk"
    ICCName = "PER487_R.ICM,PER487_T.ICM"

xwray, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Epson 4870

1. Epson 4870 - Similar Threads - Epson 4870

2. Cannot install drivers for printer EPSON ET-2800 on Surface Laptop Copilot+PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install drivers for printer EPSON ET-2800 on Surface Laptop Copilot+PC: Hi!I am trying to install drivers for printer EPSON ET-2800 on Surface Laptop Copilot+PC.For this, I downloaded from the Epson site's official driver for this model of printer. However, right in the middle of the installation, a message pops up about the failed installation...
  3. Cannot install drivers for printer EPSON ET-2800 on Surface Laptop Copilot+PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install drivers for printer EPSON ET-2800 on Surface Laptop Copilot+PC: Hi!I am trying to install drivers for printer EPSON ET-2800 on Surface Laptop Copilot+PC.For this, I downloaded from the Epson site's official driver for this model of printer. However, right in the middle of the installation, a message pops up about the failed installation...
  4. Windows 11 S-mode will not let me install Epson ET-2803 app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 S-mode will not let me install Epson ET-2803 app: When attempting to install Epson printer app Windows 11 will not allow and refers me to Microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-s-mode-will-not-let-me-install-epson-et/a62704a8-4ae8-4e0f-9d97-7188b6cc6bd2
  5. Windows 11 S-mode will not let me install Epson ET-2803 app

Windows 11 S-mode will not let me install Epson ET-2803 app: When attempting to install Epson printer app Windows 11 will not allow and refers me to Microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-s-mode-will-not-let-me-install-epson-et/a62704a8-4ae8-4e0f-9d97-7188b6cc6bd2
  6. Is the current Epson Scanner FF-680W software compatible with the new Microsoft surface 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the current Epson Scanner FF-680W software compatible with the new Microsoft surface 7...: Is the current Epson Scanner FF-680W software compatible with the new Microsoft surface 7 laptop? The software for the scanner runs on all our other windows 11 computers. Is it the compatibility issue mentioned in the GAURDIAN re the ARM, rather than intel based processor? Is...
  7. Epson 4870

Epson 4870: Like others I have my Epson 4870 at least working using Windows Scan and Windows 11, albeit in a very reduced capacity. In an earlier reply to a locked thread @SeawalkerDesign replied that they have it working, does anyone know how to get the transparency scanner working as I...
  8. Epson perfection 4870 wont run on Windows 11

Epson perfection 4870 wont run on Windows 11: I have just replaced my pc with a new one on Windows 11. I downloaded the Epson perfection software for the 4870 and then the updated drivers However when the instal ran on that it did not pick up any updates When I try to start the software I get a communication error. The...
  9. Epson perfection 4870 wont run on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson perfection 4870 wont run on Windows 11: I have just replaced my pc with a new one on Windows 11. I downloaded the Epson perfection software for the 4870 and then the updated drivers However when the instal ran on that it did not pick up any updates When I try to start the software I get a communication error. The...
  10. Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner: I have thus far been able to get my 4870 scanner working. I have tried the EPSON recommended drivers for Win10 and several versions of Vuescan. The drivers seem to install OK but as soon as the install completes an error message appears stating that there is no scanner...