Windows 10: Epson GT-15000 drops, usb new hardware scan finds DIRECT-ZxM283x

Discus and support Epson GT-15000 drops, usb new hardware scan finds DIRECT-ZxM283x in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since my last Windows 10 (unwanted, unprompted for) system update, I lose connection to my Epson GT-15000 scanner. I get it back by uninstalling &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sandra, Nov 2, 2016.

1. sandra Win User

Epson GT-15000 drops, usb new hardware scan finds DIRECT-ZxM283x

Since my last Windows 10 (unwanted, unprompted for) system update, I lose connection to my Epson GT-15000 scanner. I get it back by uninstalling & reinstalling the software: NOT a satisfactory solution!
    The device manager shows 3 USB Root Hubs, all with event "Device Migrated" 10/12/2016.
    The root driver date on two is 6/21/2006 & Windows says this is up to date.
    The 3rd USB hub (perhaps for monitor ports) has driver date 7/15/16, also up to date.
    The scanner is plugged into the USB port on the back of my Dell XPS8700, next to the port with a Monoprice tablet& stylus I use instead of a mouse (this stays connected).
    Unplugged & reconnected the scanner then scan for hardware does not help, instead I see a new "printer" called DIRECT-ZxM283x

Reboot with scanner powered on did not help.

And to repeat, Windows thinks I have the latest drivers, so please don't say "update device drivers" unless you have a specific source or a better way to update drivers! *Confused

:)

sandra, Nov 2, 2016
  2. mlg63 Win User

USB connect Epson scanner disappears since recent Win10 updates

Make sure you get the latest available drivers and scan software from Epson not from the disk that came with the scanner. Scanners need the most recent scanning software/drivers from Epson or Windows will supply generic ones that don't work as well. Try
    opening Devices and Printers (not device mgr) and check the scanner properties. Look under Events tab and make sure the Epson Scan utility is selected. Here's the site for downloading from Epson-

Epson GT-15000 | GT Series | Scanners | Support | Epson US

Change the usb port you are using to rule out conflicts. Make sure the scanner is always on. If you turn it off it might not be recognized at boot. Last suggestion--the scanner is old and windows 10 might have trouble because of the age. Consider a replacement
    wireless all in one printer-scanner. Win 10 does have problems with old scanners. Or you if you only use it occasionally, try turning the scanner on when you need it and unplugging from usb port and plug it back in while the computer is ON.

mlg63, Nov 2, 2016
  3. ArtsySt Win User
    USB connect Epson scanner disappears since recent Win10 updates

After recent system updates, I lost access to my Epson GT15000 scanner. I could use it after uninstalling & reinstalling the s/w, but after system reboot it is gone again.

Device manager shows 3 USB Root Hubs, all with event "Device Migrated" 10/12/2016.

The driver date on 2 root hubs is 6/21/2006 & Windows says this is up to date.

The 3rd USB hub (perhaps for the monitor USB ports) has driver date 7/15/16, also up to date.

The scanner is plugged into the USB port on the back of my Dell XPS8700, next to the port with a Monoprice tablet& stylus I use instead of a mouse (this stays connected).

Unplug & reconnect the scanner & scan for hardware does not help, instead I see a mysterious new DIRECT-ZxM283x series "printer"

Reboot with scanner powered on did not help.

To repeat, Windows thinks I have the latest drivers, so please don't say "update device drivers" unless you have a specific source or a better way to update drivers!

ArtsySt, Nov 2, 2016
Thema:

Epson GT-15000 drops, usb new hardware scan finds DIRECT-ZxM283x

1. Epson GT-15000 drops, usb new hardware scan finds DIRECT-ZxM283x - Similar Threads - Epson 15000 drops

2. Epson XP-15000 and Windows 11 not playing well together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson XP-15000 and Windows 11 not playing well together: I just installed Windows 11 and am now having problems getting my Epson XP-15000 wide-format printer to print 12x12 custom size correctly. The MS Word document size is set to 12x12, as are the print parameters. Everything looks as it should but when I go to print, the preview...
  3. Epson XP-15000 and Windows 11 not playing well together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson XP-15000 and Windows 11 not playing well together: I just installed Windows 11 and am now having problems getting my Epson XP-15000 wide-format printer to print 12x12 custom size correctly. The MS Word document size is set to 12x12, as are the print parameters. Everything looks as it should but when I go to print, the preview...
  4. Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11: The following is a fix for Epson Scan software not being recognized in Windows 11. This is working for me. Below steps derived from “The Geek Page”, dated January 28, 2022 By Saurav Dey. Step#1: In the search box, type Run and select it from the search results.Step#2: In the...
  5. Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11: The following is a fix for Epson Scan software not being recognized in Windows 11. This is working for me. Below steps derived from “The Geek Page”, dated January 28, 2022 By Saurav Dey. Step#1: In the search box, type Run and select it from the search results.Step#2: In the...
  6. Epson Scan Won't Launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Scan Won't Launch: I recently did an HP and windows update and since then my Epson Artisan 837 Scan won't launch. The printing works fine and when I go to Epson Settings and run a test it communicates with the scanner, passes and shows it's connected to the network. I've uninstalled and...
  7. Epson Printer will print but not scan

Epson Printer will print but not scan: My Epson will print but not scan & I've tried many to the "fix its" but for some reason it's still not working. I truly need some suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-will-print-but-not-scan/4a5644c6-f51d-420c-ad2e-1249b0084fa6
  8. USB speakers not recognized as new hardware

USB speakers not recognized as new hardware: Hello, I had asked an earlier question about my audio issue that has recently come up on my relatively-new Windows 10 machine. This problem has still not been resolved. In spite of the fact the audio returns to normal (or not) randomly each time the computer is restarted,...
  9. Epson Scan cannot Communicate.

Epson Scan cannot Communicate.: I have two different Epson Photo Flat Bed Scanners. models V330 and V370 photo . When attempting to use, both models show a box that says ... . I have deleted the app and reinstalled with no success on either flat bed scanner . I have unchecked compatibility mode....
  10. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner: I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts...