Windows 10: Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

Discus and support Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; *Smile*Smile*Smile Try this Windows 10 driver for the Epson Perfection 2400....Worked great for my Epson Perfection 1660...(there also a 32 bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rainbowbob, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

*Smile*Smile*Smile

rainbowbob, Nov 9, 2015
  2. pkmicro Win User

I have follow the instruction above but still could not get it to work. I have the same Epson Scanner as yours. Would you mind helping me by giving step by step instruction of how to get the driver to install and get Epson Scan Utility to worked.

pkmicro, Dec 31, 2015
  3. WildOne Win User

WildOne, Dec 31, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

If still doesn't work, uninstall any scanner software from Programs and Features and then remove any device related to the scanner from Device manager. Restart your system and attempt to install the driver again in Windows 8 compatibility mode with Administrator rights, to be extra sure.

spapakons, Dec 31, 2015
  5. pkmicro Win User

pkmicro, Jan 1, 2016
  6. pkmicro Win User
    Thanks, I will try that.

pkmicro, Jan 1, 2016
  7. WildOne Win User

WildOne, Jan 1, 2016
  8. pkmicro Win User

pkmicro, Jan 1, 2016
  9. WildOne Win User

WildOne, Jan 1, 2016
  10. pkmicro Win User
    Wow....I finally got it to work. I don't know if another driver or program "VueScan" that I had installed is causing these problem preventing me from installing it. I uninstalled "VueScan" and try following your instruction and it worked now. Thanks a million. Happy New Year!

pkmicro, Jan 1, 2016
  11. WildOne Win User
    You are welcome.....Happy New Year to you too......

WildOne, Jan 1, 2016
  12. Steve C Win User
    I managed to get my c. 1999 Epson Perfection 1200 scanner working by using the Perfection 2400 drivers. Epson state the Perfection 1200 is not supported in Windows 10 but it works fine if you use another driver. See my fix and see if the file I mention or other Windows 10 drivers will work with your scanner How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10

Steve C, Jan 1, 2016
  13. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

after this was working fine now suddenly stopped working! probably windows update knowing Microsoft went to try and re-install as per instructions but now i can't see the driver files when i try to shange settings in device manager??? any ideas?

rainbowbob, Jun 19, 2016
  14. WildOne Win User
    try scanning for hardware changes (device manage)....right click on DESKTOP - XXXXX....should see EPSON Perfection 2400 under imaging devices...if this doesn't work try reinstalling again following the exact instructions above....should work...I'm running windows 10 with latest update (build 10586.420) everything working fine....

WildOne, Jun 19, 2016
  15. tried again but it doesn't seem to list the image files when i open the folder (see screen shot) thanks in advance for your help

rainbowbob, Jun 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner - Similar Threads - Epson Perfection 1640SU

2. Epson Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Scanner: My Epson WF3520 scanner won't work with my new Windows 10 laptop. It does fine on my old Windows 7 laptop. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-scanner/1588806c-5783-4df2-b664-59662731cdf3
  3. Epson scanner

Epson scanner: Scanner stopped working. It will scan one item when I first log in then I get an error message each time I try to scan further items. Telling me the scanner is not connected. Have tried to follow the advice to connect it using the help section but none of what I am told to do...
  4. New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner

New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner: New scanner is not recognised Windows 10 64bit ! Tried loads of suggestions from the net etc etc but no success, error crode 43 and usb devise not recognised ! Any suggestions welcome please, using a Dell Latitude Laptop, all software/drivers seem to be latest...
  5. Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers: need to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-perfection-v33-scanner-installation-drivers/27d1fd9a-1576-42dd-939f-651e4b34e586
  6. Epson Perfection V850 scanner - update driver

Epson Perfection V850 scanner - update driver: I have a brand new Epson Perfection V850 scanner. A fairly high-end scanner for 35 mm film. It scans in 3 modes and the more advanced modes (Home & Pro) are producing inferior results to the Auto mode. Epson tech support does not seem to want to consider that this is a driver...
  7. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner: I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts...
  8. Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver

Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver: Hope this may be of help to someone.*Smile The following file/driver enabled me to run a 2480 scanner [paid £3 for at a car-boot] in windows 10 64bit Epson Perfection 24803.0u It is Version 3.0u Make sure you remove all previous drivers for the scanner, then...
  9. Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner

Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner: Hi I had a computer crash after a windows update Microsoft fixed the computer remotely and things are fine but I have lost the driver that I found some years ago that would make this old scanner work it was a Epson driver but for a completely different scanner when the driver...
  10. How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10?

How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10?: I have an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner which is about 15 years old, but still useful - or it would be if I could get it running in Win 10. I still have the original CD with the driver software. When I moved from XP to Win 7, all I needed to get was a Win 7 Twain driver,...