Windows 10: Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

Discus and support Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; got it back, thanks *Smile Try this Windows 10 driver for the Epson Perfection 2400....Worked great for my Epson Perfection 1660...(there also a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rainbowbob, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

got it back, thanks *Smile

rainbowbob, Jun 20, 2016
  2. WildOne Win User

You r welcome!

WildOne, Jun 20, 2016
  3. The following instructions that you suggested helped me install an Epson 1650 and it works flawlessly:

How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10

I've been experimenting with Windows 10 using a VM (VirtualBox) before upgrading. One challenge has been to see if I could get my old 1999 Epson Perfection 1200 scanner working in Windows 10 since Epson do not provide any 64 bitdrivers.

I discovered you can use the Epson 64 bit drivers for the Perfection 2400 and they work fine with the Perfection 1200. The Epson Scan program is fully functional for normal reflective scans and film scanning (if you have the attachment). The built in Windows scan program also works. This fix also works in Windows 8.

Here is how to do it:

• Download and install the Perfection 2400U drivers from Epson USA, version 3.04A http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...rm=OSF_W_10-64
    • Connect and turn on your scanner
    • Run Device Manager
    • The Perfection 1200U will be shown under under Other Devices
    • Select Update Driver
    • Choose 'Browse my computer for driver software"
    • Choose 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
    • UNCHECK the 'Show compatible hardware'
    • Click on 'Epson' in the Manufacturer box, and the scroll down through model until you find "Epson Perfection 2400', and choose that, and press Next
    • Ignore the 'Update Driver warning - choose 'Yes'; to continue to install.
    • The Perfection 2400 will now be shown in Device Manager. Note that the Perfection 1200 will still be shown under Devices & Printers
    • Run Epson Scan and test the scanner. You may need to log out and log in again for program to work

Pattech2000, Jul 2, 2016
  4. spapakons Win User

Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

Also: universal scanner drivers if you cannot find OEM drivers or OEM drivers don't work in Windows 7/8/10:

VUESCAN

Tested with Agfa SnapScan (not remember exact model) in Windows 7 64-bit.

spapakons, Jul 2, 2016
  5. Peter Fay Win User
    That worked just fine for my old Epsom Perfection 1660 on 64 bit Windows 10

Peter Fay, Aug 1, 2016
  6. ctlin2 Win User
    I have reinstalled the modified driver several times every time when Windows automated upgrade and kill the driver. As WildOne quote, you can download Epson Perfection 2400 as a template and generate your own driver for Perfection 1640SU. Three steps are needed.
    1. Download Epson Perfection 2400 driver from the following website as mentioned by WildOne.
    Epson Perfection 2400 Photo, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

2. Edit the file Es27.inf which can be found in the extacted epson12180_twain_driver_and_epson_scan_utility_xxxx directory. Please replace all the occurrences of USB\VID_04B8&PID_011B with USB\VID_04B8&PID_010A. And save the file.
    3. Since your forged driver is not signed by authorized organization, you should disable signature verification on Windows. Please refer to the following website to disable driver signature verification:
    How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)
    4. After rebooting your Windows, you can install the driver for your Perfection 1640SU scanner. It may warn the driver is not signed. You should confirm to install. It works for me!

ctlin2, Sep 25, 2016
  7. spapakons Win User
    To stop Windows Update installing a specific update and messing with your drivers use the show/hide tool to hide that update.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

1. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner - Similar Threads - Epson Perfection 1640SU

2. Epson Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Scanner: My Epson WF3520 scanner won't work with my new Windows 10 laptop. It does fine on my old Windows 7 laptop. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-scanner/1588806c-5783-4df2-b664-59662731cdf3
  3. Epson scanner

Epson scanner: Scanner stopped working. It will scan one item when I first log in then I get an error message each time I try to scan further items. Telling me the scanner is not connected. Have tried to follow the advice to connect it using the help section but none of what I am told to do...
  4. New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner

New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner: New scanner is not recognised Windows 10 64bit ! Tried loads of suggestions from the net etc etc but no success, error crode 43 and usb devise not recognised ! Any suggestions welcome please, using a Dell Latitude Laptop, all software/drivers seem to be latest...
  5. Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers: need to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-perfection-v33-scanner-installation-drivers/27d1fd9a-1576-42dd-939f-651e4b34e586
  6. Epson Perfection V850 scanner - update driver

Epson Perfection V850 scanner - update driver: I have a brand new Epson Perfection V850 scanner. A fairly high-end scanner for 35 mm film. It scans in 3 modes and the more advanced modes (Home & Pro) are producing inferior results to the Auto mode. Epson tech support does not seem to want to consider that this is a driver...
  7. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner: I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts...
  8. Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver

Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver: Hope this may be of help to someone.*Smile The following file/driver enabled me to run a 2480 scanner [paid £3 for at a car-boot] in windows 10 64bit Epson Perfection 24803.0u It is Version 3.0u Make sure you remove all previous drivers for the scanner, then...
  9. Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner

Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner: Hi I had a computer crash after a windows update Microsoft fixed the computer remotely and things are fine but I have lost the driver that I found some years ago that would make this old scanner work it was a Epson driver but for a completely different scanner when the driver...
  10. How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10?

How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10?: I have an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner which is about 15 years old, but still useful - or it would be if I could get it running in Win 10. I still have the original CD with the driver software. When I moved from XP to Win 7, all I needed to get was a Win 7 Twain driver,...