Windows 10: Epson Printer Mem card slot will not delete

Discus and support Epson Printer Mem card slot will not delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I added an Epson WF-3640 printer several days ago. The printer has a USB slot and a memory card slot. Several associated, network problems arose. 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by markg2, Sep 7, 2016.

1. markg2 Win User

Epson Printer Mem card slot will not delete

I added an Epson WF-3640 printer several days ago. The printer has a USB slot and a memory card slot. Several associated, network problems arose.

1. I had flash drives in both of the two available Netgear Nighthawk USB ports. The network had designed those drives as Z and Y.

2. Remarkably, after installing the Epson, the network named the Vacant Epson memory card port Y.

3. (Not realizing this at the time) I inserted a flash drive in the Epson's USB port. The network named that drive Z.

4. I unplugged the Epson, rebooted the computer and the router with the following results:
    a. When I reinserted the flash drives into the router, although the router's corresponding status LED's light up, explorer does not see the drives.
    b. If I plug either of the two 'router' flash drives into the computer explorer sees them.
    c. Despite the Epson still powered off, the router and computer being rebooted twice, explores still sees the Epson memory card as drive Y. Clicking on or attempting to disconnect the memory card apparently just confuses the OS (screenshots attached).

My easiest solution although not preferred is to buy an Anker powered 9 port USB hub and forget using the router. However, that still leaves the problem of the 'phantom' Epson memory card appearing on the network as a drive?

:)

markg2, Sep 7, 2016
  2. Markg2 Win User

EPSON PRINTER MEM CARD SLOT WILL NOT DELETE From Network?

I am a member of a Workgroup not a Domain. The group should include my wife's desktop, laptop and my laptop (her laptop was not powered for the attached). The group is fractionally complete. Other than allowing Win10 to do whatever it does automatically
    when I installed my new laptop ~March, I've left the network setup alone--getting involved never works out correctly and just leads to exasperation. A homegroup doesn't provide the depth I need. I trust this information will suffice.

Screenshot of explorer_network.

Epson Printer Mem card slot will not delete [​IMG]

Markg2, Sep 7, 2016
  3. Markg2 Win User
    EPSON PRINTER MEM CARD SLOT WILL NOT DELETE From Network?

I added an Epson WF-3640 printer several days ago. The printer has a USB slot and a memory card slot. Several associated, network problems arose.

1. I had flash drives in both of the two available Netgear Nighthawk USB ports. The network had designed those drives as Z and Y.

2. Remarkably, after installing the Epson, the network named the Vacant Epson memory card port Y.

3. (Not realizing this at the time) I inserted a flash drive in the Epson's USB port. The network named that drive Z.

4. I unplugged the Epson, rebooted the computer and the router with the following results:

a. When I reinserted the flash drives into the router, although the router's corresponding status LED's light up, explorer does not see the drives.

b. If I plug either of the two 'router' flash drives into the computer explorer sees them.

c. Despite the Epson still powered off, the router and computer being rebooted twice, explores still sees the Epson memory card as drive Y. Clicking on or attempting to disconnect the memory card apparently just confuses the OS (screenshots
    attached).

My easiest solution although not preferred is to buy an Anker powered 9 port USB hub and forget using the router. However, that still leaves the problem of the 'phantom' Epson memory card appearing on the network as a drive?

Markg2, Sep 7, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Don't delete the Epson Memory Card Reader , Windows just finds it again....

Windows has MAPPED it as a Network Drive , just RC on it and Choose Disconnect , with luck there is a checkbox to also uncheck called Reconnect at Logon/sign in (or something like that)

You can also in Disk Management assign Drive Letters to any flashDrive/CD Drive/External Drive etc it Finds and windows will remember those Assigned Drive Letters each time you plug them in. Eg I always make my CD/DVD Y: and Z:

It may take some time for the Router to Find and "tell" the network the Flash Drives are there and usable again. I am guess they were not plugged into the Router when you plugged in the Epson ? as Windows should not of allowed drive letter changes if they were plugged in, if they weren't plugged in the windows just cycles through available Drive letters , unless you have defined them as above.

KB

Kbird, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Also keep in mind that the last few versions of Windows will, by default, assign Z: to the first Network-attached drive it finds and work back up the alphabet. I have 2 NAS drives attached to my Router and they were automatically lettered Z: and Y: according to when I actually plugged in the Ethernet cables.

Berton, Sep 8, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    My Synology NAS does not work like that I am not sure why , it is attached to the network via the TP Link C7 Router and I access it it via Network > it's Folders .............. Unless I map the Folders on the NAS to Drive Letters ...... My NAS is rather old though .....

are they Network Attached or USB attached ...maybe that's the difference ? mine is Network Attached.

KB

Kbird, Sep 8, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Mine are Ethernet cable attached, don't yet need the USB port on the Router.

Berton, Sep 8, 2016
  8. markg2 Win User

The 'D' drive you see in my explorer snapshot is 1 of the 2 SD's from the router USB's that I plugged into the only open port of the computer's USB hub.

To your responses:

1. Both SD's were plugged into the router when I installed the Epson. I realize that I'm just going on coincidence but it does seem as if the install of the Epson 'ate' the two network names of the two router flash drives and somehow rendered any subsequent entrance of a router SD as 'persona non grata' ;-)! Btw, the flash drive that I removed from the Epson was named Z. You also understand that I have never inserted a memory card into the Epson slot--so how a memory card is even showing up is odd.

2. I cannot do anything about the Epson memory card. If I right click and attempt an action or double click same in explorer view, I get the 'catastrophic error' per one of initial screenshots.

3. On one of the occasions that I reinserted the FD's in the router's USB ports and the router light acknowledged presence but explorer did not show I ran Window's network troubleshooting which came up clean.

Okay, the following is flat bizarre. While writing this message I clicked open Network and it showed \\ReadyShare USB, I clicked and the rear FD appeared and I could display contents (the front USB is empty w/the FD in the hub. BUT after I removed the FD from the hub, stuck it in the front USB Network lost any trace of seeing either device. I open/closed explorer, I unplugged the front FD all nada, zip, zero--back to where I was with the router's FD's not appearing????

Hating (not a strong enough word) the network setup (due to never getting same right and getting p****d in the process) haven't set anything up since firing up my new laptop some months ago (apart from 2 wireless printers there's my wife's desktop, laptop and my retired laptop). Whatever shows under Network appears to be what Windows and router have decided will show calling same 'Springsnow' which is the name of the WiFi network.

Mark

markg2, Sep 8, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User
    The extra copy of removable drives being shown in explorer can be stopped with this .reg file , in this tutorial , I use it all the time....

Drives in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

1. It is not the memory card that is shown in the Epson, but the Card Reader , personally I assign T: to it so it doesn't interfere with USB drives etc letters every day as I only use it the odd time I insert a CF card from My Cam.

2. The right click disconnect what was what works for my Friends Epson 630 , he was complaining about it always showing up too....perhaps a bad Printer Driver Install?

3. Check the setting in the Router's Web interface perhaps especially for USB....

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Epson Printer Mem card slot will not delete - Similar Threads - Epson Printer Mem

2. Epson printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson printer: I have an Epson workforce WF 7820 printer used with my PC and operating system 8.1When I turn on the PC, the Epson icon appears in the taskbar, but it disappears as soon as I turn on the printer.The Epson users guide talks about clicking "printing preferences" and then...
  3. Epson printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson printer: I have an Epson workforce WF 7820 printer used with my PC and operating system 8.1When I turn on the PC, the Epson icon appears in the taskbar, but it disappears as soon as I turn on the printer.The Epson users guide talks about clicking "printing preferences" and then...
  4. epson printer wf3720

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    epson printer wf3720: trouble printing when I want but can print a test lpage ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-wf3720/0b4d5b74-9c78-4a6c-8348-8417fc64fc61
  5. SD card slot not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card slot not working?: I have a Dell e5430 laptop (refurbished) that is in very good condition with a 250 gig SSd, 8 gig of ram running Windows 10 pro. Everything from start up onward is lightening fast, the USB ports all work as does the DVD re-writer. But even though I am almost certain that the...
  6. Epson printer

Epson printer: Can anyone tell me why a printer will only print somethings and not others. It is an Epson ET 2550 and windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer/c4c461b1-c6b2-4685-ab80-872fada4b2ba
  7. Epson printer

Epson printer: there is no maintenance settings and does not print any more black pages and color pages look all messed up wrong colors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer/3f00a4de-aab6-49ab-89c2-49693ed7ec2a
  8. Sd Card Slot

Sd Card Slot: Hi, I have an issue with my card reader it worked fine yesterday, but now when I insert my sd card into the reader on my laptop it does not make a sound or anything. I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570, any help would be much appreciated as I am at a loss. The card works fine if I...
  9. sd card slot

sd card slot: reinstalled 10 after your update wiped my whole system out. Now i have no sd slots cant find drives another dayswork lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-slot/9af25310-8acc-4762-ae10-457cc2f406e3
  10. SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING

SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING: Hello Microsoft, I have a Acer Aspire V3 731 laptop using Windows 10. My computer was moving slow, so I did a factory setting reset. Once completed, I realized that my SD card slot doesn't work like it once did prior to the reset. I'm thinking my driver is no...