Windows 10: Epson Printer SX200 will print documents but not jpeg files

Discus and support Epson Printer SX200 will print documents but not jpeg files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Epson SX200 Series printer and since upgrading to Windows 10 I occasionally get a strange set of symptoms:- If I load a *.doc file I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Snakes1000, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Epson Printer SX200 will print documents but not jpeg files

I have an Epson SX200 Series printer and since upgrading to Windows 10 I occasionally get a strange set of symptoms:-

If I load a *.doc file I can print it OK. However, if I double click on a jpeg file and open it on the desktop and then select print......

Epson Printer SX200 will print documents but not jpeg files [​IMG]

I get the "We couldn't reach this printer" error.

Epson Printer SX200 will print documents but not jpeg files [​IMG]

Similarly, but slightly differently, if I "right click" on a jpeg file icon and select print, the printing process starts (a whirring noise) but then just feeds a sheet through and ejects it without printing anything.

By navigating to "Devices and Printers" I can confirm that the Epson has been selected as being the default printer. If I right click on it and select Printer Properties and then select the "General" tab and click on Print Test Page, it prints that OK.

I have tried uninstalling the software and removing the device and then reinstalling and making it the default printer without any success.

Any ideas?

:)

Snakes1000, Apr 12, 2016
  2. STDennis Win User
    STDennis, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Using my Epson SX 200 to scan on windows 10

I have used the SX200 with great results for a few years with windows XP. it scanned documents direct to PDF

with again great , easy to use results.

With windows 10 it will only offer photo options, no document scanning. The detailed Epson control panel that appeared on XP does not come up on windows 10.

I have checked I have the latest Epson drivers downloaded but no success. Any suggestions please? or is it to be a new scanner/printer.

KeithJardine, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Datapod Win User

Epson Printer SX200 will print documents but not jpeg files

Datapod, Apr 12, 2016
  5. Thanks for the suggestion but I have to admit I do prefer to establish the source of the problem and resolve it permanently so, if you or anyone else has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Snakes1000, Apr 12, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    I'd guess that there's a problem with the Photo app. Maybe it could be re-installed from the Windows Store.

(I avoid apps myself. I normally use applications. Marks me as a child of the 20th century, I suppose.))

bobkn, Apr 12, 2016
  7. I use Windows Photo Viewer

Windows Photo Viewer - Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Or to your photo
    Right Click on the one you want
    Apps will open
    Scroll down
    When you come to
    Windows Photo Viewer
    Click that and put a tick to make it your default that way next time you go to photo it will open at that App
    Another way is Settings
    System
    Then scroll to Default Apps
    Photo Viewer
    Click on that
    It will open up
    Then scroll down and tick
    Windows Photo Viewer

hTconeM9user, Apr 12, 2016
  8. Epson Printer SX200 will print documents but not jpeg files

Thanks for that info'. I tried that and that piece of software works OK. It's just the Windows 10 "Photos" software that doesn't seem to work. I've also tried a "Run SFC Scan" routine which verified and found some errors and fixed them but that didn't solve it.

I also ran the Windows App troubleshooter but that couldn't find any problems. I then tried a clean boot in Windows with no joy.

Stumped!

Snakes1000, Apr 12, 2016
  9. That is why I use Windows Photo Viewer
    Never let me down yet
    As I said I just open up my Picture Folder
    Click on the Photo I want
    Then Right click
    Once Windows Photo Viewer is showing
    I go to Print
    Press it
    Then My Printer shows up and I press Print
    Out it prints

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Epson Printer SX200 will print documents but not jpeg files

1. Epson Printer SX200 will print documents but not jpeg files - Similar Threads - Epson Printer SX200

2. printer will not print a microsoft document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer will not print a microsoft document: Printer will not print a microsoft document. No problem printing anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-will-not-print-a-microsoft-document/42b1bcd8-9fdd-4d78-804c-5eaae7caaad9
  3. Problem printing jpeg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem printing jpeg files: Since yesterday both my printers aren't printing a complete image using jpeg files. PDF files are ok and print a complete image. How do I put this right please?...
  4. My Epson Printer doesn't print Word documents

My Epson Printer doesn't print Word documents: Hello, I inherited an older Epson printer that was never used. I cant seem to get any word documents to print unless there is an image . And PDF's print faded. The only thing that seems to print well is a photo format file like jpeg. Attached is information on the printer....
  5. my epson xp-442 printer wont print a word document

my epson xp-442 printer wont print a word document: wont print a word document trouble shooting keeps say problem with setup ive followed all the option and nothing is working ive had a look online but as im not very technical its very confusing its say something about the drivers need updating please can someone help...
  6. Epson sx200 Printer Scanner

Epson sx200 Printer Scanner: I recently purchase a new PC with Win 10. My Printer/Scanner worked perfectly with Win 7 but now I only get a generic Windows interface and not the Epson Creativity suite that I used to control the scanner in win 7. I have tried updating drivers but I still can't get the...
  7. Unable to print document using Epson PX720WD Printer

Unable to print document using Epson PX720WD Printer: In an attempt to print a letter with pictures as a Word Document, I received the following message; There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested font. Please comment accordingly. * Moved from IE11/Windows 10...
  8. Epson Printer will print but not scan

Epson Printer will print but not scan: My Epson will print but not scan & I've tried many to the "fix its" but for some reason it's still not working. I truly need some suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-will-print-but-not-scan/4a5644c6-f51d-420c-ad2e-1249b0084fa6
  9. Printing Jpegs

Printing Jpegs: I have a problem printing jpegs through my new Lenovo Ideapad. I cant print word & pdf I know the printer is set up. [ATTACH] I have uninstalled and re-installed the photo app through the Powershell, and have also tried the repair app option to no avail. I also downloaded...
  10. printing with an Epson wf-2760 printer

printing with an Epson wf-2760 printer: I just started using windows 10 with this printer (Epson WF-2760) and the pages print in first to last order. I would like to print in last to first order. Is there any way to change this?...