Windows 10: Epson Scan cannot Communicate.

Discus and support Epson Scan cannot Communicate. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two different Epson Photo Flat Bed Scanners. models V330 and V370 photo . When attempting to use, both models show a box that says ... .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michael Ingalls, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Epson Scan cannot Communicate.

I have two different Epson Photo Flat Bed Scanners. models V330 and V370 photo . When attempting to use, both models show a box that says ...

I have deleted the app and reinstalled with no success on either flat bed scanner .

I have unchecked compatibility mode. In WIA, the startup is set as automatic and the service status is running.

It appears that the drivers from Epson are designed for Windows 7 , but not Windows 10.

The following snippet is from the Epson site.

Is the Driver for Windows 10 different ? and how do I know if I have Windows 10 S I found the following on the Epson support page.

Thanks in advance. Mike In Michigan.

:)

Michael Ingalls, Jul 5, 2018

2. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts turning forever. I have to close Epson scan using the task manager or by right clicking Epson scan in the taskbar/close and Windows will send an error report.

1- I have uninstalled the Epson Scan software and reinstalled the latest driver from the Epson Website for Win 10 64 bit.
    2- I have tried to roll back to an earlier graphics card driver.
    I have tried using a different USB cable plugged into a different port.

So far the problem continues. I suspect the problem could be due to the latest Windows feature update or maybe the Graphics card driver could be to blame.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris.

Chris Nicola, Jul 5, 2018
  3. PaulHW Win User
    EPSON SCAN

Hello,

Thanks for trying to help but still have same problem - EPSON SCAN will not work correctly.

* Now have 2 printers on system: EPSON Stylus DX4200 Series + EPSON Stylus DX4200 Series (copy 1)

** " Copy 1 could not even print TESTPAGE .......

Any other suggestions??

many thanks

PaulHW, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Epson Scan cannot Communicate.

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

Thanks Dalchina and Steve for your suggestions. Vuescan is quite a good professional programme but its not free. Windows scan does work but its not practical because so many of the settings and options I need are missing. Epson scan is ideal for my needs. Hopefully Epson or Microsoft will fix the bug in a future update.

Steve, I just tried running Epson scan as administrator and so far so good. I tried a couple of scans and clicked in some different windows and then went back to Epson scan and it did not crash. I will do some more testing and let you know how I get on. Thanks again!

Kind regards
    Chris

Chris Nicola, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Epson Scan cannot Communicate.

1. Epson Scan cannot Communicate. - Similar Threads - Epson Scan cannot

2. Cannot save files using Epson Scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot save files using Epson Scan: I have been saving files using Epson scan without any problem with Windows 10. Suddenly, today, this is not possible. The Location in File Save Settings now lists 'My Documents', 'System 32' not 'Pictures', and 'Other' with 'Scans' showing as the default. 'System 32' is...
  3. Cannot save files using Epson Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot save files using Epson Scan: I have been saving files using Epson scan without any problem with Windows 10. Suddenly, today, this is not possible. The Location in File Save Settings now lists 'My Documents', 'System 32' not 'Pictures', and 'Other' with 'Scans' showing as the default. 'System 32' is...
  4. Cannot save files using Epson Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot save files using Epson Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My epson scanner cannot attached a scan to an email

in Windows 10 Customization
    My epson scanner cannot attached a scan to an email: Hi, I have Outlook 2019 standalone installed on Windows 10, and Outlook is set as the default mail client. I have an Epson printer/scanner with the latest version of SmartScan. When I attempt to scan a document and attach it to an email, it fails to load Outlook. See...
  7. Cannot scan to Computer from Epson WF-2830

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot scan to Computer from Epson WF-2830: I have just installed the printer in subject above. When I came to scan from printer to Laptop which laptop I can see on the printer's screen I am getting invalid. OS of laptop is Windows 10. Epson Scan 2, and Epson Event manager are installed. But while when I type Epson...
  8. Communication Error Scanning To PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Communication Error Scanning To PC: I have an Epson Artisan 837 all-in-one. Two of the functions are to Scan to PC or Scan to PC (PDF). Following up automatic update to my laptop, when I select either of those functions, the name of my laptop does not show up on the Select PC control panel of the printer. I...
  9. Windows 10 will not communicate with Epson printer

Windows 10 will not communicate with Epson printer: I have Windows 10 (64 bit) installed on HP desktop for several years working successfully. . A local wi-fi network has enabled wireless printing on Epson printer (WF 4740) for many moths. After Windows 10 automatic update in September, 2019 desktop can longer communicate...
  10. Epson WF printer Communication Error

Epson WF printer Communication Error: I have Windows 10, and Epson WF 2750 all-in-one. Wifi has been set up. Trying to scan a paper and send to my laptop, it requires a USB connection. I connected USB cable and I get "Communication Error. Check if the computer is connected." I have been able to scan and print...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson scan cannot communicate

2. epson scan cannot communicate but printer works

3. epson 2750 cannot communicate with the scanner