Windows 10: Epson V30 no longer in Printers/scanners

Discus and support Epson V30 no longer in Printers/scanners in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 but my Epson V30 scanner/copier no longer appears in "printers/scanners" although listed in system as recently added. Checked all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by veryconfusedscanner, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Epson V30 no longer in Printers/scanners

I have Windows 10 but my Epson V30 scanner/copier no longer appears in "printers/scanners" although listed in system as recently added.

Checked all connections.

Tried repairing with disc.

Tried uninstalling & reloading with disc.

Tried again repairing with disc.

Downloaded new driver from Epson.

How can I get this working again?

:)

veryconfusedscanner, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Oneb1t Win User

Epson scanner v30 not working with Windows 10

For anyone interested, I was having the same problem with my Epson CX11NF laser and these are the steps I took to resolve it:

1. Uninstall Epson Printer Driver and Epson Scan using Control Panel.

2. Disconnect USB cable from printer (mine was on a network connection and I did not disconnect).

3. Reboot

4. Download current driver and scan software (separately) from Epson website

5. Do not let Windows install printer for you, first install the driver from the Epson website.

6. A window should open asking you to connect your USB cable (printer should be on). For me, I chose manual setting and selected network TCP/IP address.

7. Click Start Menu and go to All Apps. Scroll down to Epson scan settings and click. You may need to add your printer here if not detected: Choose Local (if USB) or Network. Then Add (for me, I just entered the TCP/IP address of the Network printer).

It is possible that for some the last step is all that is necessary; although I didn't try it, you could start by opening Epson Scan Settings, deleting the current scanner, then adding back your printer/scanner.

I hope you find this helpful - it worked for me.

Oneb1t, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Jack U3A Win User
    Epson Scanner/Printer no longer works

Until the November update my Epson Stylus SX515W worked perfectly on my Windows 10 PC. After the update I noticed a shortcut icon was missing form my desktop screen. I don't have a photographic memory so I didn't know which one was missing until I tried
    running Epson Scan which failed to load. I have attempted to follow the instructions on this Epson® Official Support | Epson US which includes uninstalling Epson Scan, at which time I noticed that
    there was a red flag against Epson Scan. The procedure required a 'restart' which I did, and returned to download the drivers and software. Unfortunately my model of MFP is NOT included in the drop down list!!! Where do I go from here? I'm tempted to try using
    the Epson SX510W Series CD but I have a feeling this would not work and hope for advice prior to taking that step. Incidentally the thing doesn't print either. I'm not sure how I can contact Epson, perhaps it's not worth the effort as they will probably tell
    me it's a Windows problem.

I've also seen this Epson® Official Support | Epson US which suggests I see if I can download a simple driver and presumably simple scanner software which, even if it works will probably
    not be up to Epson standards.

Finally a question;- Why on earth did Microsoft go ahead with this November update if they couldn't be bothered to test it???

PS I thought I'd have a look at 'Devices and Printers' and discovered my printer was no longer the default printer. Having rectified this I now find it prints, but of course I haven't got Epson Scan software any more.

PPS I've now seen that there's another update in the pipeline, 'Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3118754)'. I've also seen that yesterday's update wouldn't change any of my settings, which is/was untrue as my Default
    Printer setting was changed, and of course Epson Scan wouldn't work after the upgrade. I'm reluctant to go ahead with this new update as I suspect that it will cause as many, if not more problems.

Jack U3A, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Epson V30 no longer in Printers/scanners

cookiemonster, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Epson V30 no longer in Printers/scanners

1. Epson V30 no longer in Printers/scanners - Similar Threads - Epson V30 longer

2. Epson Scanner/Printer Sync Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson Scanner/Printer Sync Issue: I am getting an error that says that OneDrive is telling me that I have a sync issue as I do not have access permission to my EpsonScanSmart.Ink. I have restarted my computer but the error still occurs. I need help to resolve this but I am not a techie so complex instructions...
  3. Epson Scanner/Printer Sync Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson Scanner/Printer Sync Issue: I am getting an error that says that OneDrive is telling me that I have a sync issue as I do not have access permission to my EpsonScanSmart.Ink. I have restarted my computer but the error still occurs. I need help to resolve this but I am not a techie so complex instructions...
  4. my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working: My scanner for my WF-2540 is not working. can you help i do not like the Windows 11. i would like my Windows 10 back if possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-epson-wf2540-the-scanner-is-not-working/0d1eecc1-12b9-4a40-a905-a5ad08460081
  5. my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working: My scanner for my WF-2540 is not working. can you help i do not like the Windows 11. i would like my Windows 10 back if possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-epson-wf2540-the-scanner-is-not-working/0d1eecc1-12b9-4a40-a905-a5ad08460081
  6. my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. epson xp-home printer scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    epson xp-home printer scanner: since having to do a factory reset on laptop including windows 10 the scanner on printer wont work "printer ok but cant connect to scanner". I have uninstalled scanner, re installed, used driver from disk but still no joy....
  8. Epson scanner

Epson scanner: Scanner stopped working. It will scan one item when I first log in then I get an error message each time I try to scan further items. Telling me the scanner is not connected. Have tried to follow the advice to connect it using the help section but none of what I am told to do...
  9. Epson sx200 Printer Scanner

Epson sx200 Printer Scanner: I recently purchase a new PC with Win 10. My Printer/Scanner worked perfectly with Win 7 but now I only get a generic Windows interface and not the Epson Creativity suite that I used to control the scanner in win 7. I have tried updating drivers but I still can't get the...
  10. epson 1000 ics printer/scanner

epson 1000 ics printer/scanner: My Epson 1000 ics printer/scanner will print from my MS Word, etc but will not scan. The device manager can not find a driver. The disk that came with the unit will not load the scanner twain. Epson support does not contain a twain for Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does epson still have v30 drivers

2. epson no longer supports my scanner