Windows 10: Epson XP-420 printer issues

Discus and support Epson XP-420 printer issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop in February. I installed my Epson XP-420 printer shortly after receiving the laptop. At that point both the printer and scanner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bekotz, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Bekotz Win User

Epson XP-420 printer issues

I bought a new laptop in February. I installed my Epson XP-420 printer shortly after receiving the laptop. At that point both the printer and scanner functioned . After the last update on 7-11-18 the scanner no longer functions. When I click on scan I get a message that tells me I need a WIA driver. I have no idea what that is or if that is actually the problem. Every time Windows 10 updates, something fails. I spend an inordinate amount of time repairing issues that Windows 10 creates. I bought a new laptop to avoid dealing with increasing issues on my old laptop. I simply need to know how to get the scanner on my printer to work. It's ironic that I find myself using my old laptop more and more to avoid having to repair issues.

:)

Bekotz, Jul 22, 2018

2. windows 10 printer problem epson xp 420

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Does this issue occur only while printing label from ebay or PayPal?

Have you made the Epson xp as a default printer?

I suggest you to make the Epson xp as a default printer and check.

I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter and check the issue.

1) Open Control panel and click on Troubleshooter.

2) In the left pane select view all.

3) Click on Print and follow the on screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 22, 2018
  3. comert Win User
    connecting to Epson xp420 wireless printer issues

Hello,

Things most accurate process;
    1. Associated with the printer, remove all the software from your computer.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. Install the Epson XP-420 driver software on your computer. (go to drivers)
    4. You can set up your printer, follow the instructions below.

Note: Be sure to remove all the printer software.

comert, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Epson XP-420 printer issues

cookiemonster, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Epson XP-420 printer issues

1. Epson XP-420 printer issues - Similar Threads - Epson 420 printer

2. Epson XP-410 Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson XP-410 Issue: I have installed printer, driver & utilities for my Epson XP-410. Made it the default printer, changed the ink cartridges. Not sure what to do next getting blank pages instead of my previewed doc.Thank you, Gwen...
  3. Epson XP-410 Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson XP-410 Issue: I have installed printer, driver & utilities for my Epson XP-410. Made it the default printer, changed the ink cartridges. Not sure what to do next getting blank pages instead of my previewed doc.Thank you, Gwen...
  4. Epson XP-410 Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. epson xp-home printer scanner

epson xp-home printer scanner: since having to do a factory reset on laptop including windows 10 the scanner on printer wont work "printer ok but cant connect to scanner". I have uninstalled scanner, re installed, used driver from disk but still no joy....
  6. Epson XP 340 printer

Epson XP 340 printer: Screen stays on "Ink our Error". Can't switch to another screen/settings. I replaced ink; still has error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-xp-340-printer/3d13276a-1af0-4823-a305-523ad707ebf1
  7. Epson XP-6100 Printer Issue

Epson XP-6100 Printer Issue: My Epson XP-6100 printer is having 4x6 printing problems. It stops printing almost at the end of the paper. The last quarter inch of the paper is blank, and I have to pull the photo out by hand. Please, can anyone help me?...
  8. Epson XP-340 Printer

Epson XP-340 Printer: I have a printer that runs out of ink very quickly. I have purchased a black ink cartridge with extra ink and want to remove access to the colours and have it print only in black. This used to be so easy years ago and now I am stuck. Any idea of how to accomplish this. I...
  9. Epson XP-245 printer issues

Epson XP-245 printer issues: Hi,. I've just got a new machine, and it has a fresh install of Win10 (my old PC was a Win7 upgrade to Win10). Overall its working much better, but there is one issue that is driving me nuts. When I print out on my Epson Xp-245 from Adobe Acrobat, it gets a little down the...
  10. epson xp 340 printer

epson xp 340 printer: hi have just purchased the above & generally all has gone well ,ive scanned ok but wont print on command from printer .the icon is up on task bar etc ,assume the status "use printer offline" is correct , so any ideas.thoughts please .don small...