Windows 10: Equal to sign "=" repeats in my HP 241G Laptop

Discus and support Equal to sign "=" repeats in my HP 241G Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm facing a really weird issue in my HP 241G Laptop. Whenever I turns it on, in the logon screen where it asks for password and whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PARTHA SARATHIPATRA, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Equal to sign "=" repeats in my HP 241G Laptop

Hi,

I'm facing a really weird issue in my HP 241G Laptop.

Whenever I turns it on, in the logon screen where it asks for password and whenever I open any document file to write something may be notepad or word document, the equal to sign "=" automatically keeps on repeating.

But if I immediately press esc key then it stops. It repeates again, when I starts typing.

Initially I thought it could be virus or OS issue. So I tried loading windows 7 and 10 but still I'm facing the same problem.

So could you please help me on this.

--

Regards,

Partha

:)

PARTHA SARATHIPATRA, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Equal to sign "=" repeats in my HP 241G Laptop

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Equal to sign "=" repeats in my HP 241G Laptop

1. Equal to sign "=" repeats in my HP 241G Laptop - Similar Threads - Equal sign repeats

2. My equal sign Doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My equal sign Doesn't work: I'm not sure why but for some reason the equal sign on my keyboard doesn't seem to work. I've had to copy and paste equal signs online for the past year or so. I've tried fixing it in the past to no change. I've tried deleting the keyboard on the device manager and restarting...
  3. My equal sign Doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My equal sign Doesn't work: I'm not sure why but for some reason the equal sign on my keyboard doesn't seem to work. I've had to copy and paste equal signs online for the past year or so. I've tried fixing it in the past to no change. I've tried deleting the keyboard on the device manager and restarting...
  4. My equal sign Doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to Sign In to my HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Sign In to my HP Laptop: I was somehow signed out of my microsoft office accounts so restearted my computer, after I restartede my computer it no longer allows me to enter my pin to log-in and my finger print scan is also not working so I am locked out of my computer....
  6. Unable to Sign In to my HP Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Sign In to my HP Laptop: I was somehow signed out of my microsoft office accounts so restearted my computer, after I restartede my computer it no longer allows me to enter my pin to log-in and my finger print scan is also not working so I am locked out of my computer....
  7. Unable to Sign In to my HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Equals sign on my computer does not work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Equals sign on my computer does not work?: Hi, So on my computer the equals sign doesn't work for some reason. This happened randomly and now seems not to work. Sometimes when i start my computer up it will work until the computer is completely finished loading, if that makes sense. Please help as it is making it...
  9. Repeated ntoskrnl.exe / IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated ntoskrnl.exe / IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Hello. I've been getting bsod for a couple of days now. Indicates ntoskrnl.exe when viewed with bluescreenview.I will attach the last 2 minidump files to see if anyone can help.I ran Memtest, up to 10 passes, without errors. Try to clean install windows, but still getting...
  10. laptop equalizer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop equalizer: The latest windows update caused me to lose my eq,how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-equalizer/ae265cf8-f741-42a9-b301-d06ddc34a3b8