Windows 10: Equivalent or alternative to the "netdiag" command for Win10

Discus and support Equivalent or alternative to the "netdiag" command for Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; the "netdiag" command is not available in Windows 10. Is there any equivalent available? 90988 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WalterG, Aug 9, 2017.

1. WalterG Win User

Equivalent or alternative to the "netdiag" command for Win10

the "netdiag" command is not available in Windows 10. Is there any equivalent available?

:)

WalterG, Aug 9, 2017
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Aug 9, 2017
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

ATGT, Aug 9, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Apparently netdiag was last seen in Windows XP. Since then we've had the Troubleshooters and netsh....
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../ff625276.aspx

Bree, Aug 9, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    There are other solutions available. What are you trying to fix or look at?

bro67, Aug 10, 2017
  6. WalterG Win User
    Thank you Bree & bro67. In answer to the latter's question, the issue is that my Synology NAS does not show "network" in Windows explorer. Neither does it when I search by name or IP address. The same when I try to map it to a network drive from Windows explorer. As a workaround, I was able to use the map network feature from within the Synology set of commands. As I had tried what seemed to me to be all the relevant windows "commands" with no obvious problems being shown, I thought the netdiag command might reveal something. So this is not an urgent issue as my network is functional

I should add that I am running Windows 10 (most recent update) using static IP addresses with homegroup and netbios over TCP/IP disabled so that the PCs on my network are connected through WSD discovery. I arrived at this point through a rather tortuous, lengthy and frustrating process of searching the internet and trying various suggestions to fix what appears still to be a widespread Windows 10 problem where network devices do not show up on a LAN or do so erratically with no apparent rhyme or reason.

WalterG, Aug 10, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Then make sure you keep smbv1 enabled in Windows Features and disable smbv1 with the following two items in Command Terminal. sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb20/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb10 start= disabled

Make sure that the Computer Browser Service is changed to automatic. On the NAS, in File Services, make sure that in SMB, that you do not have it checked as Master Browser and in advance, that SMB2 is lowest, SMB3 is highest.

I have a DS216+2 and only time I had issues was dealing with the problems that Microsoft threw out there when they told everyone to disable SMBv1 from Windows Features, which meant using the IP.

bro67, Aug 11, 2017
  8. WalterG Win User

The SMB 1.0/CIFS windows feature is enabled and I'm reasonably sure always has been. Could you please confirm I need to use Power Shell with your instruction for then disabling it i.e. to past into the text that starts with "sc.exe ....." I have to admit to sticking with Command Prompt thus far with WIndows 10!

On SMB and the the NAS - it is presently set to SMB3 max, SMB1 min. I assume I should not change the minimum to 2 until after disabling SMB1 on the PCs.

On the the Master Browser, I should explain that my path to "fixing" this issue seemed to consist more of a series of workarounds than what I would consider real fixes. One of the earlier such "fixes" that produced an improvement related to Master Browser voting. The problem would either re-appear or get worse when the Master Browser function was voted off one device onto another. After a series of experiments, it seemed clear that having the NAS as Master Browser resulted in a stable network listing on all devices. Consequently, I disabled the Computer Browser service on the two PCs and two laptops on the network in order to prevent any changes. Probably not the most elegant way to bring that about, but it was simple and worked!

As far as I can tell, it was disabling the Computer Browser service that caused network discovery to change from Netbios to WSD. And that, along with a number of other suggested fixes I had come across, was what set me on the course to disabling TCP/IP on the network cards.

Thanks again for for responding to my posts.

WalterG, Aug 11, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    Just use Command Terminal for those two entries and leave SMB1 checked in features, along with making the change to Computer Browser. Otherwise you will still have a broken OS. It is bad enough that people are getting upset that the latest ISO from Microsoft is no longer including IE11 installed and you have to do that on your own if you want to use it.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Equivalent or alternative to the "netdiag" command for Win10 - Similar Threads - Equivalent alternative netdiag

2. Alternatives for In place update for win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternatives for In place update for win10?: My system is under very weird problems.My settings crash when i go into connection settings Microsoft store or any other microsoft download like xbox app from its own website or minecraft refuses to install or downloadWindows cant update, it says it encountered an error and...
  3. Alternatives for In place update for win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternatives for In place update for win10?: My system is under very weird problems.My settings crash when i go into connection settings Microsoft store or any other microsoft download like xbox app from its own website or minecraft refuses to install or downloadWindows cant update, it says it encountered an error and...
  4. Alternatives for In place update for win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...: Hi,I used this methodwritten in topic in Linux terminal and it worked like a VPN for me but since I have changed my OS to Windows I cannot find equivalent for this command... Any help will be appreciatedinstalled putty but it seems there is no such option there...Thank you...
  6. What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...

What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...: Hi,I used this methodwritten in topic in Linux terminal and it worked like a VPN for me but since I have changed my OS to Windows I cannot find equivalent for this command... Any help will be appreciatedinstalled putty but it seems there is no such option there...Thank you...
  7. Midnight commander menu (F2) equivalent under windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Midnight commander menu (F2) equivalent under windows: Under linux there is midnight commander who has user menu (F2), that allows you to quickly run commands. Is there any equivalent software on windows in which you can save shortcuts to differents command that run in command prompt ? submitted by /u/databaser2 [link]...
  8. Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt.: Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line item is: c:\del /s/q/f d\*.* I am trying to delete all the files on my D drive. I get the following error: The item at D:\ has children and the Recurse parameter was not specified. I have spent hours...
  9. "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?: Hi experts, I have a USB device that will malfunction from time to time and I've found by pressing the 'Reset Hub' button to disable/enable the Root Hub to which this device is connected, things will go back to normal once again. [img] The thing is, I'd like to see...
  10. DropBox Alternative for Win10

DropBox Alternative for Win10: Good day all, I'm transitioning my life and work from a Mac ecosystem to Windows. I've successfully transitioned most of my life over without any hassle and I'm very happy about that. There's one issue I've run in to and I could use some expert advice. I run a freelance...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netdiag windows 10

2. windows 10 netdiag

3. netdiag on windows 10

4. netdiag win10,
  5. run netgiag windows 10,
  6. netdiag alternative,
  7. netdiag win 10,
  8. netdiag in windows 10,
  9. netdiag equivalent in windows 10,
  10. get the netdiag tool for windows 10,
  11. netdiag windows 10 equiva,