Windows 10: Erase C Drive

Discus and support Erase C Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So the title tells it all. I would like to erase my C drive but by that I mean the apps and ofc I want windows and everything else there. Apparently I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by princeadjei, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Erase C Drive

So the title tells it all. I would like to erase my C drive but by that I mean the apps and ofc I want windows and everything else there. Apparently I believe hidden files get into my C drive taking up space so I cant install certain things. I could factory reset it but that takes a lot of time and I already have some problems from the last time I did that.

:)

princeadjei, Jul 25, 2018
  2. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Erase C Drive

Will USB install of Windows 10 erase all files on C: drive?

Hi David,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please be inform that installing Windows 10 will erase all the files/folder on C: drive and it will re-install fresh file and folder of Windows 10.

I recommend you to perform automatic repair, performing automatic repair will not erase any of your personal data’s. Follow the below steps:

• Connect USB device and boot the computer.
    • In the ‘Windows setup’ page, select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
    • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Erase C Drive

1. Erase C Drive - Similar Threads - Erase Drive

2. Flash Drive Must be Formatted but will Erase all data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash Drive Must be Formatted but will Erase all data: I don't know how my flash drive became "read only" but every time I try to access it it says i need to format it and by doing so it will erase data. I have photos in the flash drive and have tried chkdsk, uninstall though device manager, and cleaned the disk. Nothing is...
  3. Flash Drive Must be Formatted but will Erase all data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Drive Must be Formatted but will Erase all data: I don't know how my flash drive became "read only" but every time I try to access it it says i need to format it and by doing so it will erase data. I have photos in the flash drive and have tried chkdsk, uninstall though device manager, and cleaned the disk. Nothing is...
  4. Flash Drive Must be Formatted but will Erase all data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. when erase a file in my pc also erases in the one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when erase a file in my pc also erases in the one drive: when erase a file in my pc also erases in the one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-erase-a-file-in-my-pc-also-erases-in-the-one/238bf060-d29f-4615-90e1-1e01cbeafedd
  6. when erase a file in my pc also erases in the one drive

when erase a file in my pc also erases in the one drive: when erase a file in my pc also erases in the one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-erase-a-file-in-my-pc-also-erases-in-the-one/238bf060-d29f-4615-90e1-1e01cbeafedd
  7. How can i install windows 10 on my lenovo t480 laptop after drive was erased during update....

How can i install windows 10 on my lenovo t480 laptop after drive was erased during update....: I had friends come over with kids and they somehow. Shutdown my laptop during an update. Which blanked out my drive. I have no files and i havent been able to download anything to it. Whats worse is i dont have another pc or laptop to make a bootable device for it. The onlu...
  8. How can i install windows 10 on my lenovo t480 laptop after drive was erased during update....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can i install windows 10 on my lenovo t480 laptop after drive was erased during update....: I had friends come over with kids and they somehow. Shutdown my laptop during an update. Which blanked out my drive. I have no files and i havent been able to download anything to it. Whats worse is i dont have another pc or laptop to make a bootable device for it. The onlu...
  9. How can i install windows 10 on my lenovo t480 laptop after drive was erased during update....

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Why does my laptop erase all the data on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop erase all the data on my hard drive?: My Laptop has erased all the data on my hard drive twice now, and I don't know why nor how to fix this problem. Both times after erasing everything it tells me I need to reformat the drive again. I've tried formatting thru file explorer and thru disk manager and neither...