Windows 10: erase windows 10 on ssd

Discus and support erase windows 10 on ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im selling my system and want to remove windows 10 from it. what is the best way to do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JLGreene, Aug 20, 2018.

1. JLGreene Win User

erase windows 10 on ssd

Im selling my system and want to remove windows 10 from it. what is the best way to do that?

:)

JLGreene, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Dia01 Win User

Securely erasing old SSD - Ubuntu

Very inexperienced with Linux and have been playing around lately with Ubuntu 17.10 successfully recovering data from a bad HDD, quite impressed by it also.

First question is. I have an old OCZ Vertex 3 120GB that has been lying around forever and want to wipe it to factory settings and install Ubuntu on it (so I don't need to run Windows side by side on my current OS drive). I'm assuming the easiest way to do this is to do the following?
    • Boot Ubuntu from USB installer
    • Select 'Try Ubuntu before you install it'
    • Open the Terminal and
    • Use the Command-line to Simple Secure Erase i.e. hdparm --security-erase PASS /dev/sdX
    My second question is, if the above will work do I then need to format the entire SSD in ext4 or does the installer by default format/partition the SSD when 'Erase disk and install Ubuntu' is selected?

erase windows 10 on ssd 25d1eb9e8b23d55b-jpg.jpg

Dia01, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Guntert Win User
    Secure Erase SSD Samsung

I have a samsung SSD and a PNY SSD that I installed on my laptop. I get an error and fix complete when I boot up windows 10. I was told I should do a secure erase and reinstall windows 10. I have tired using samsung magician and make bootable USB but nothing happens. My Samsung SSD is my main drive c:/ with windows 10 on it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Guntert, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

erase windows 10 on ssd

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

erase windows 10 on ssd

1. erase windows 10 on ssd - Similar Threads - erase ssd

2. I'm using a asus rog g10ce gaming desktop and I secure erased my hdd/ssd and now I need all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm using a asus rog g10ce gaming desktop and I secure erased my hdd/ssd and now I need all...: Need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-using-a-asus-rog-g10ce-gaming-desktop-and-i/9d7e4baa-1ed7-4dc5-b555-b93a62e76a26
  3. I'm using a asus rog g10ce gaming desktop and I secure erased my hdd/ssd and now I need all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm using a asus rog g10ce gaming desktop and I secure erased my hdd/ssd and now I need all...: Need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-using-a-asus-rog-g10ce-gaming-desktop-and-i/9d7e4baa-1ed7-4dc5-b555-b93a62e76a26
  4. How dangerous is erasing/wiping an SSD while it's still running with the OS running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How dangerous is erasing/wiping an SSD while it's still running with the OS running?: Oh yeah I have Windows 11 "How dangerous is erasing/wiping an SSD while it's still running with the OS running and its the OS thats erasing it?"...
  5. How dangerous is erasing/wiping an SSD while it's still running with the OS running?

How dangerous is erasing/wiping an SSD while it's still running with the OS running?: Oh yeah I have Windows 11 "How dangerous is erasing/wiping an SSD while it's still running with the OS running and its the OS thats erasing it?"...
  6. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.: My 1tb hdd got corrupted a few days ago, I decided to unplug it to prevent further damage while I got a replacement to transfer the data that wasn't lost. Windows is installed in a ssd so I used the disk manager to disconnect my hdd and then I unplug it from my pc after...
  7. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.: My 1tb hdd got corrupted a few days ago, I decided to unplug it to prevent further damage while I got a replacement to transfer the data that wasn't lost. Windows is installed in a ssd so I used the disk manager to disconnect my hdd and then I unplug it from my pc after...
  8. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

9. Erasing a ssd and moving it to a new computer that already has windows installed on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erasing a ssd and moving it to a new computer that already has windows installed on it: I would like to move my ssd on an old laptop to a new computer that already has a ssd with windows installed. My new laptop has open slots for extra ssd storage. I don't need to save any of the files on the old ssd so i just want to erase it and put it in the new computer as...
  10. Erasing a ssd and moving it to a new computer that already has windows installed on it

Erasing a ssd and moving it to a new computer that already has windows installed on it: I would like to move my ssd on an old laptop to a new computer that already has a ssd with windows installed. My new laptop has open slots for extra ssd storage. I don't need to save any of the files on the old ssd so i just want to erase it and put it in the new computer as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. erase win 10 and empty the computer

2. windows 10 factory didnt erase my account

3. free ssd erase windows 10 software 2019

4. how to delete windows10 from ssd,
  5. erase ssd completely samsung windows 10