Windows 10: Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban??

Discus and support Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have some 2.5" laptop drives that I wish to sell and have researched the best way to wipe the data off them. Many recommend using a free program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by provlima, Aug 10, 2016.

1. provlima Win User

Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban??

I have some 2.5" laptop drives that I wish to sell and have researched the best way to wipe the data off them.
    Many recommend using a free program called Dban also known as nuke and boot.

I want to use this free software on the hdd's that will be attached to my laptop via USB cable, and am concerned about avoiding the possibility of accidentally erasing my laptop's hdd instead of the hdd attached to my laptop via usb cable.

Anyone here familiar with dban software who can advise how to erase the data on the cable attached hdd and not my laptop's internal hdd?

:)

provlima, Aug 10, 2016

2. Desperate to retrieve information off of 8x hardrive

I need to get pics and data off my 8x that has died (the charger port is bad). I was in an accident and everything I need to file the claim is on the phone hardrive. Can anyone help me?

Ronda325is, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Desperate to get info off my 8x hardrive !

I need to get pics and data off my 8x that has died (the charger port is bad). I was in an accident and everything I need to file the claim is on the phones hardrive. Can anyone help me?

Ronda325is, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

Hi,
    I am using this SDelete Programm By Mark Russinovich is quite simple, no installation and very good.

Adalwar, Aug 10, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    CCleaner (free version). It has the capability to wipe everything, or just to overwrite free space. It offers 1, 3, 7, or 35 (!) overwrites.

It runs from Windows, so I doubt that it would permit you to wipe your boot partition.

bobkn, Aug 10, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you are running the program from inside your normal Windows and the program asks to reboot the computer to wipe the hard drive, then you likely have selected the wrong hard drive to erase.

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2016
  7. RolandJS Win User
    Try this: Name the internal HD "IntHD_C" and name your external HD "ExtHD" -- tell whatever program/utility you use to wipe a hard-drive named "ExtHD" -- that should get you past the floating drive letters [from a usb or dvd boot].

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban?? - Similar Threads - Erasing hardrive data

2. DBAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DBAN: Should I use DBAN to wipe my computer completely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dban/d02270aa-07c0-468c-be5a-1f6568b04b0c
  3. DBAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DBAN: Should I use DBAN to wipe my computer completely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dban/d02270aa-07c0-468c-be5a-1f6568b04b0c
  4. DBAN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Hardrive data about to be lost.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardrive data about to be lost.: Hello everyone. I need help with the best way to recover my data from my hardrive.Its format got changed as accidently when I was trying to backup windows using the backup. I have been reading alot to try and get this data back to HOW IT WAS. I believe the data on the drive...
  6. DBAN

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DBAN: After I use Dban on my PC deleting everything, can I get windows back again on my computer with a USB stick that has Windows downloaded on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dban/621265ef-112b-49f0-8d85-77f34e12b9e5
  7. Erasing all the data.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Erasing all the data.: What rubbish is this ? How can Microsoft do this without prior info or notice ? Do you even know how much crucial data can be on someone's laptop ? I'm having windows 10 and last night it got updated after that when I opened it in the morning all the data was erased. I mean...
  8. Using DBAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using DBAN: Hello,Before running "DBAN" to wipe everything on both disks (old computer). Will the disks still be partitioned as they were, or have to repartition them.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks 114606
  9. Using DBAN

in Windows 10 Support
    Using DBAN: Hello,Before running "DBAN" to wipe everything on both disks (old computer). Will the disks still be partitioned as they were, or have to repartition them.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks 114606
  10. Recover Erased Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover Erased Data: Recover Erased Data [ATTACH] Allows users to rescue deleted files from FAT16, FAT32, EXTFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS+ and HFX Can be easily used over USB flash drive, memory card, external hard drive, etc. Easily rescue deleted files from Mac and Windows operating system with...