Windows 10: Errant Apps

Discus and support Errant Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I reset my ideapad 100s, and a bunch of strange games appeared: The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery, Seekers Notes - Hidden Mystery, Asphalt 8:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kat_9, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Kat_9 Win User

Errant Apps

I reset my ideapad 100s, and a bunch of strange games appeared: The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery, Seekers Notes - Hidden Mystery, Asphalt 8: Airborne, and Royal Revolt 2: Tower Defense. Please let me know how I can remove them.

:)

Kat_9, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 9, 2018
  4. NOPD Win User

Errant Apps

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Errant Apps

1. Errant Apps - Similar Threads - Errant Apps

2. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?: Extremely disappointed I am unable to use my cloud apps on the laptop I purchased along with apps I purchased that prior to updates I opened and used daily. What was the point? Before opening my apps were easy…. now can't open an app with out a message that talks about MS...
  3. MS Family Safety App Errant Push Notifications Received while Not in Use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Family Safety App Errant Push Notifications Received while Not in Use: As of the week of January 22, 2024 my wife and I started receiving push notifications requesting additional time for our children's accounts. These are coming in at all hours of the day midnight, 1:30am, 3:30am, 9am, etc.. These "requests" do not appear on the Notifications...
  4. MS Family Safety App Errant Push Notifications Received while Not in Use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Family Safety App Errant Push Notifications Received while Not in Use: As of the week of January 22, 2024 my wife and I started receiving push notifications requesting additional time for our children's accounts. These are coming in at all hours of the day midnight, 1:30am, 3:30am, 9am, etc.. These "requests" do not appear on the Notifications...
  5. Errant Boxes at top of desktop creating mess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errant Boxes at top of desktop creating mess: I am experiencing a phenomena where there are some boxes at the top of the screen. When I get too close to them they grow then make a mess of all my open windows. Does anyone know what this is? Antivirus doesn't notice it. SFC didn't reveal anything. My brother said that he...
  6. Errant Boxes at top of desktop creating mess

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errant Boxes at top of desktop creating mess: I am experiencing a phenomena where there are some boxes at the top of the screen. When I get too close to them they grow then make a mess of all my open windows. Does anyone know what this is? Antivirus doesn't notice it. SFC didn't reveal anything. My brother said that he...
  7. How to delete errant files in System Restore with stubborn permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete errant files in System Restore with stubborn permissions: I found out today that some glitch in System Restore resulted in a almost 50GB of files that can not be deleted due to permissions. I've tried a few things I googled and so far only was able to delete part of them. What's the best way to change permissions of the files in a...
  8. Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu: I've attached a screenshot of the problem I'm describing. When I right-click a file in Windows Explorer, then click the "Share" option, this box appears with this shaded-out email address. I need to make that email address go away. It's an address that's been previously...
  9. Errant Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Errant Mouse: Hi. Recently, my Logitech wireless mouse has been behaving erratically. I cannot successfully coat large amounts of text in a Word document to cut or paste, the same with cells in an Excel spreadsheet, (the area already covered disappears). I am using MS Office 7.The MS...
  10. [solved] drive/partition totally missing after errant diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [solved] drive/partition totally missing after errant diskpart clean: I think like other folks who've come here, I have a relatively similar issue: I wanted to wipe a flash drive (in my case, because the 16GB drive had been formatted on mac os, so it didn't work w/ windows), went to diskpart, selected what appeared to be the small flash drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. errant apps