Windows 10: Errant Apps

Discus and support Errant Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I reset my ideapad 100s, and a bunch of strange games appeared: The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery, Seekers Notes - Hidden Mystery, Asphalt 8:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kat_9, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Kat_9 Win User

Errant Apps

I reset my ideapad 100s, and a bunch of strange games appeared: The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery, Seekers Notes - Hidden Mystery, Asphalt 8: Airborne, and Royal Revolt 2: Tower Defense. Please let me know how I can remove them.

:)

Kat_9, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 9, 2018
  4. NOPD Win User

Errant Apps

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Errant Apps

1. Errant Apps - Similar Threads - Errant Apps

2. I cannot delete apps from Surface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot delete apps from Surface: My Surface Book is overloaded with game apps that I don’t use – they take up o lot of space. I decided to delete them, found these apps on the Apps page, and clicked to uninstall them. But I received an error code 0x80073cfa and request to try again. Nothing more. I have...
  3. How do i resize my apps on the wallpaper screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i resize my apps on the wallpaper screen?: Hello community needing some assistance on something so simple, some how I size my apps on the wallpaper screen. You know the ones that you can just click on in a flash because they are right there. I just want them to be smaller because they are large. Here is an example,...
  4. Windows Update and Apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and Apps not working: I have Windows 10 Pro but for some reason my Windows does not want to update and I cannot install any apps. I keep on getting the same error and nothing seems to work... Error: 0x80070424 If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I have tried command prompt scans etc...
  5. Apps say they are not connected, but i am!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps say they are not connected, but i am!: THis probably isnt even Microsoft's fault, but im asking just incase anyone may know or have any tips. So these apps are the only apps i have discovered which wont connect, even though i am connected already. All other apps like chrome and steam,etc. work. If you need more...
  6. I accidentally uninstalled an app on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally uninstalled an app on my laptop: details Windows 10 home Version 1803 Inspirion 13-7378 Intel core 2.4 GHz 64 bit operating system I inadvertently uninstalled one of the programs on my laptop. Unfortunately all I saw before it went away was that it was a Microsoft apt. But I don't know which one. And...
  7. apps keep suspending like in battery saver mode but on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps keep suspending like in battery saver mode but on desktop: so basically I have a problem were background apps suspending and it has teh battery saver icon in the suspend part[ATTACH] also I did take my boot drive out of my old laptop, so that is the reason it's enabled, but I want to disable it, but the battery saver option is not...
  8. Windows 10 v1809-UWP apps (incluiding store, edge) can't access internet when network type...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 v1809-UWP apps (incluiding store, edge) can't access internet when network type...: Since updating my PCs to 1809, none of the UWP apps can get online. The machine is connected, since all my win32 applications work, but no UWP stuff (so Store, Edge, Xbox etc). What I've tried so far: -Cleared the "Automatically detect settings" option in the internet...
  9. Errant Mouse

Errant Mouse: Hi. Recently, my Logitech wireless mouse has been behaving erratically. I cannot successfully coat large amounts of text in a Word document to cut or paste, the same with cells in an Excel spreadsheet, (the area already covered disappears). I am using MS Office 7.The MS...
  10. [solved] drive/partition totally missing after errant diskpart clean

[solved] drive/partition totally missing after errant diskpart clean: I think like other folks who've come here, I have a relatively similar issue: I wanted to wipe a flash drive (in my case, because the 16GB drive had been formatted on mac os, so it didn't work w/ windows), went to diskpart, selected what appeared to be the small flash drive...