Windows 10: Errant Apps

Discus and support Errant Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I reset my ideapad 100s, and a bunch of strange games appeared: The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery, Seekers Notes - Hidden Mystery, Asphalt 8:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kat_9, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Kat_9 Win User

Errant Apps

I reset my ideapad 100s, and a bunch of strange games appeared: The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery, Seekers Notes - Hidden Mystery, Asphalt 8: Airborne, and Royal Revolt 2: Tower Defense. Please let me know how I can remove them.

:)

Kat_9, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 9, 2018
  4. NOPD Win User

Errant Apps

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Errant Apps

1. Errant Apps - Similar Threads - Errant Apps

2. The weather app is completely inaccurate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The weather app is completely inaccurate: I am running the default weather application in Win10 and it's completely off target. Says Sunday the 20th is partly sunny yet forecast.io says rain all day, and looking at radar, it seems like rain for the next day. And I just refreshed it so I know it's not stale. What's up...
  3. The weather app is completely inaccurate

in Windows 10 Support
    The weather app is completely inaccurate: I am running the default weather application in Win10 and it's completely off target. Says Sunday the 20th is partly sunny yet forecast.io says rain all day, and looking at radar, it seems like rain for the next day. And I just refreshed it so I know it's not stale. What's up...
  4. App Packages .bat File Erroring

App Packages .bat File Erroring: I am getting nothing but errors when I attempt to run my .bat file as an Admin. Can anyone tell me what's going on? PowerShell -Command "Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Microsoft.3dbuilder*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online"...
  5. App Packages .bat File Erroring

in Windows 10 Support
    App Packages .bat File Erroring: I am getting nothing but errors when I attempt to run my .bat file as an Admin. Can anyone tell me what's going on? PowerShell -Command "Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Microsoft.3dbuilder*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online"...
  6. Disabling Fullscreen for Wins 10 apps

Disabling Fullscreen for Wins 10 apps: I have no Advanced Graphic options to change from full screen mode. Any other ideas? I can't have the games take up my whole screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-fullscreen-for-wins-10-apps/c799fc6e-410a-400d-8a0a-d12897593e0d
  7. Black screen when I go fullscreen while using Movies and Tv app.

Black screen when I go fullscreen while using Movies and Tv app.: I use an AMD Quad core A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics adapter, when I go full screen the system becomes unresponsive and goes black screen afterwards, I'll then be forced to shut the system down by holding down the power key. the black screen only happens when I go...
  8. Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images: Photos is a great app for viewing photos. comparing to the old Windows Photo Viewer it can view animated GIFs and ... but thanks to the background color I can't see anything if I open a white (or black) transparent PNGs while Photo Viewer was a better choice at the case. Is...
  9. Errant Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Errant Mouse: Hi. Recently, my Logitech wireless mouse has been behaving erratically. I cannot successfully coat large amounts of text in a Word document to cut or paste, the same with cells in an Excel spreadsheet, (the area already covered disappears). I am using MS Office 7.The MS...
  10. [solved] drive/partition totally missing after errant diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [solved] drive/partition totally missing after errant diskpart clean: I think like other folks who've come here, I have a relatively similar issue: I wanted to wipe a flash drive (in my case, because the 16GB drive had been formatted on mac os, so it didn't work w/ windows), went to diskpart, selected what appeared to be the small flash drive...