Windows 10: Errant Apps

Discus and support Errant Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I reset my ideapad 100s, and a bunch of strange games appeared: The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery, Seekers Notes - Hidden Mystery, Asphalt 8:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kat_9, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Kat_9 Win User

Errant Apps

I reset my ideapad 100s, and a bunch of strange games appeared: The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery, Seekers Notes - Hidden Mystery, Asphalt 8: Airborne, and Royal Revolt 2: Tower Defense. Please let me know how I can remove them.

:)

Kat_9, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 9, 2018
  4. NOPD Win User

Errant Apps

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Errant Apps

1. Errant Apps - Similar Threads - Errant Apps

2. Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open.: Since earlier this year, my Windows 10 Start menu wouldn't have all of the Windows apps icon shown properly (darkened). I found out they were not able to update when I tried to update them. Then, I found out that it was because my Windows Store was not functional and caused...
  3. (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.: Hi all, I want to know why "Play HDR apps and games" this option disapper when I set duplicate mode.(extend mode can see this option) Is it by design or an issue? If it is by design, has any document to explain this behavior? More information as below: OS version:...
  4. Microsoft Apps Scrolling Speed Fast

Microsoft Apps Scrolling Speed Fast: I need some assistance with regards to my scroll speed/sensitivity. When I scroll through my mails, it literally flies up and down, or when using Visio, I have to always connect a mouse to not have any scrolling issues with Visio or Outlook. It is mostly common with...
  5. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  6. Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them: In Windows XP, when you had several open apps that showed up on the taskbar, you could Ctrl+left Click each one to select them. You could then close all of them at once. This is a little faster than right clicking each one on the taskbar & then selecting "Close window". Is...
  7. Apps not opening and no photos, files, documents in file manager after a windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps not opening and no photos, files, documents in file manager after a windows update.: I am up to date with all windows updates, however, I am not showing any history in windows update it seems to have been cleared out. I suddenly have a new start menu, my taskbar has been cleared apart from Microsoft edge, file manager, Microsoft store task view and mail. I...
  8. Importing pictures via Micro. Photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing pictures via Micro. Photo app: I was wondering if any one else has had trouble trying to import pictures from their iPhone to PC. I have been trying to transfer pictures from my iPhone 7 to my PC (Win.10) via the Photos app but it has not been working. It will find my phone and photos the first I plug it...
  9. Errant Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Errant Mouse: Hi. Recently, my Logitech wireless mouse has been behaving erratically. I cannot successfully coat large amounts of text in a Word document to cut or paste, the same with cells in an Excel spreadsheet, (the area already covered disappears). I am using MS Office 7.The MS...
  10. [solved] drive/partition totally missing after errant diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [solved] drive/partition totally missing after errant diskpart clean: I think like other folks who've come here, I have a relatively similar issue: I wanted to wipe a flash drive (in my case, because the 16GB drive had been formatted on mac os, so it didn't work w/ windows), went to diskpart, selected what appeared to be the small flash drive...