Windows 10: Erratic mouse movements

Discus and support Erratic mouse movements in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I carried out a clean re-installation, my mouse, a MS Wireless Mouse 5000, has displayed intermittent erratic and jerky movements. Sometimes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sigurd, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Sigurd Win User

Erratic mouse movements

Since I carried out a clean re-installation, my mouse, a MS Wireless Mouse 5000, has displayed intermittent erratic and jerky movements. Sometimes it is OK, other times it can move in such coarse jerky movements that it is unusable. My Wacom pen on the other hand is smooth. I have tried disabling One Drive thinking it was a conflict of CPU time but that doesn't help. A different mmouse exhibits same problem, New batteries don't help. Googling for answers finds plenty of references to the issue (mostly dating back 2 - 3 years) but no solution.
    Any current views on the issue?

:)

Sigurd, Mar 5, 2018
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Erratic mouse movement

Hello,

Since you have already done most of the basic software-related troubleshooting steps, let's try a different approach. Can you try using an external mouse on your device and see if the issue persists? Please let us know how it goes so we could provide further
    assistance.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 5, 2018
  3. Erratic mouse movement

I've had an Asus T100 for about 2 years now, and the mouse has started to randomly move to a random place, usually the edge of the screen. I've made sure that the trackpad is clean and that im not touching it, but it still moves randomly. i've tried updating
    the drivers and scanning my pc for issues, but the problem still persists. I have the default ''ASUS touchpad''.

KawaiiAncha, Mar 5, 2018
  4. Erratic mouse movements

slicendice, Mar 5, 2018
  5. Sigurd Win User
    Thanks. Seems to be working so far, but then I did say "intermittent problem"!

Sigurd, Mar 5, 2018
  6. I know the feeling. USB mouse issues on Windows has been there as far as I can remember. Stuttering come and go for no particular reason.

slicendice, Mar 5, 2018
  7. If the stuttering is audio driver related then look for an audio driver that support ASIO. If you can't find such driver then install ASIO4ALL driver

slicendice, Mar 5, 2018
  8. Sigurd Win User

Erratic mouse movements

I've only noticed the issue with navigating around the screen in various programs - text based or graphics - which is my main use. I don't bother much with audio on the PC. Old fashioned HiFi.

Sigurd, Mar 5, 2018
  9. Though you don't use audio that much, issue could still be audio related. I see you have a quadro card. Try disabling nvidia HD Audio in device manager.

slicendice, Mar 5, 2018
  10. Sigurd Win User
    Had a look in the nVidia control panel but can't see any HDMI setting. Interestingly, while typing this, mouse is behaving. Moving the focus over to the nVidia CP it starts misbehaving!

Sigurd, Mar 5, 2018
  11. Sigurd Win User
    What's the penalty fo mouseslaughter?

Sigurd, Mar 5, 2018
  12. Sry, re read my post. I was editing it because I typed wrong information.

slicendice, Mar 5, 2018
  13. Sigurd Win User

Erratic mouse movements

Thanks - done that. Now lets's see how it goes. Mouse has a stay of execution of 48 hours!

Sigurd, Mar 5, 2018
  14. Give it some time, and report back in a few days with the results. (even if we solved the issue) *Smile

slicendice, Mar 5, 2018
  15. Sigurd Win User
    Tried everything without result. Tried another mouse and had same problem. However both were geriatric mice, so retired the pair of them and bough a new one. Problem solved!

Sigurd, Mar 9, 2018
Thema:

Erratic mouse movements

1. Erratic mouse movements - Similar Threads - Erratic mouse movements

2. Erratic cursor movements in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic cursor movements in windows 11: My Asus Zenbook 14 has a problem of erratic cursor movements in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-cursor-movements-in-windows-11/8c372e11-222e-49e7-acc5-5d7aefbf3322
  3. Erratic cursor movements in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erratic cursor movements in windows 11: My Asus Zenbook 14 has a problem of erratic cursor movements in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-cursor-movements-in-windows-11/8c372e11-222e-49e7-acc5-5d7aefbf3322
  4. Erratic Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erratic Mouse: My mouse is very erratic. How can I get control of it? Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-mouse/c4363f64-4279-4012-bb61-7ef87ea54845
  5. Erratic mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  6. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement: Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418 Monitor1 is a Samsung Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless) gets erratic, hard to control. I'm trying to attach my sys specs file but not sure if I'm being successful. Newbie, here....
  7. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement: Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418 Monitor1 is a Samsung Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless) gets erratic, hard to control. I'm trying to attach my sys specs file but not sure if I'm being successful. Newbie, here....
  8. Mouse Movement

Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  9. mouse erratic

mouse erratic: mouse not erratic in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-erratic/69d972f6-64b9-4e99-9744-2f9f1b141a58
  10. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: I installed Windows 10 on day one or two of the upgrade and have been using it since on my Toshiba 64 bit laptop. It was an upgrade from 8.1. A note that this laptop is a touch screen that I cracked, disabling the touch function a year or so ago. No problems on Windows 8....