erratic mouse

Discus and support erratic mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried many options and still any mouse I use wireless or wired to USB are acting erratic, after 4 years uf using ACER Laptop, Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raul R Suarez, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Raul R Suarez Win User

erratic mouse

I have tried many options and still any mouse I use wireless or wired to USB are acting erratic, after 4 years uf using ACER Laptop, Windows 10

:)

Raul R Suarez, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Meemmeem_811 Win User

Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Jul 12, 2018
  3. DennyCarr Win User
    Acer bluetooth mouse is erratic

Acer bluetooth mouse is erratic

DennyCarr, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Quincofish Win User

erratic mouse

Erratic/Random cursor/mouse movement

Mouse erratic only on desktop. If running explorer or anything else all good. As soon as on desktop only, erratic. Troubleshooter finds nothing wrong.

Quincofish, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

erratic mouse

1. erratic mouse - Similar Threads - erratic mouse

2. Cursor Selection Scrolls Erratically in Microsoft Services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor Selection Scrolls Erratically in Microsoft Services: I have been experiencing a problem for a day or two now, and it has persisted across multiple reboots. When I open certain menus in Windows 10, the selection automatically scrolls to the top option, regardless of what I have selected. This only seems to affect Windows...
  3. file history include exclude lists are erratic in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file history include exclude lists are erratic in Windows 10: Directories are added spontaneously to the include and exclude list. Some of these directories existed in the past but no longer exist. Adding some entries generates additional entries while adding others has no effect (that is, the directory is not added)....
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection - Erratic working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection - Erratic working: Microsoft Solitaire Collection runs "Events" , a collection of games. However, after completing a game successfully a blue tick mark appears but points are not awarded when I hit "continue". This happens often. I have tried "Reset" by selecting "Advance Options" in the "Apps...
  5. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: I installed Windows 10 on day one or two of the upgrade and have been using it since on my Toshiba 64 bit laptop. It was an upgrade from 8.1. A note that this laptop is a touch screen that I cracked, disabling the touch function a year or so ago. No problems on Windows 8....
  6. Erratic mouse movements

Erratic mouse movements: Since I carried out a clean re-installation, my mouse, a MS Wireless Mouse 5000, has displayed intermittent erratic and jerky movements. Sometimes it is OK, other times it can move in such coarse jerky movements that it is unusable. My Wacom pen on the other hand is smooth. I...
  7. Windows Explorer Erratic Behavior Renders Computer Useless

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Erratic Behavior Renders Computer Useless: So the computer boots normally. Windows loads. The sign-in screen comes up fine. Once I sign in, I get a black screen and the mouse arrow. The arrow responds fine. Eventually (several minutes) explorer sort of half-loads.The taskbar is visible, but when I hover over it the...
  8. Thumbnails erratic in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails erratic in Windows 10 Home: I have searched many discussions, and can only find repeatedly the same advice, which doesn't work (that is, in Folder Options, ensure that 'Always show icons, never thumbnails' is not checked. I also have used tried a few other things, including an program called TICR (to...
  9. Erratic standby behaviour in spite of settings...

in Windows 10 Support
    Erratic standby behaviour in spite of settings...: I have set my computer to go into standby after 30 minutes of inactivity (battery) or 45 minutes (power), but it is going into standby after 2 or 3 minutes. The screensaver is set to start after 30 minutes. I think I've double-checked every possibile option. I recently had...
  10. Erratic Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Erratic Notifications: I've been getting notifications only sporadically, of late. Is this a widespread, known issue? 87553