Windows 10: Erratic scrolling

Discus and support Erratic scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a dell windows 10 laptop and my pointer automatically points towards the top left portion of the screen and this problem persists in every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by noob_oldguy, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Erratic scrolling

I use a dell windows 10 laptop and my pointer automatically points towards the top left portion of the screen and this problem persists in every application i try to open.I tried to unistall my keyboard and mouse driver,ran it in safe mode,tried troubleshooting the hardware and sfc/scannow to repair it,but the problem still exists..after uninstalling the keyboard driver and restarting it works fine but if i try to restart the pc later the scrolling problem begins again...i don't want to unistall the driver everytime i have to use it(i don't want to work the hard way)

Please help

:)

noob_oldguy, Aug 9, 2018

2. Erratic scrolling down behavior

Hello Herminio,

The scrolling issue you're experiencing on your Windows 10 laptop might be due to a misconfiguration of a device driver. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you installed the
      latest updates
      for Windows 10?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type winver, and then press
      Enter

For now, we suggest running the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. This troubleshooter will scan and fix your Windows PC for any issues detected with hardware components or devices. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction.

You can also access the troubleshooter from this support
    article
    , under Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Erratic scrolling

Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Erratic scrolling

1. Erratic scrolling - Similar Threads - Erratic scrolling

2. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  3. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  4. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Startup erratic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup erratic: At wits' end.This has been going on for months.Had it looked at by a certified Asus lab, which only yielded a small hole in my pocket, and no improvement in the patient's state.SystemRunning windows 11, but problem dates from my windows 10 days.Asus laptop: VivoBook_ASUS...
  6. Erratic scroll wheel behavior/mouse behavior in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Erratic scroll wheel behavior/mouse behavior in Windows 10: Hello I've been dealing with this strange issue on Windows 10 among other issues. Clicking middle click on the scroll wheel to scroll easier results in erratic, jerky behavior in many applications on Windows(Chrome, Edge, discord, etc.). Every time I move my cursor a little...
  7. Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input: Hello, Sometimes, when I am not rolling the mouse wheel, the focused window's contents scroll up and down like I were rolling the mouse wheel. As far as I know this is a problem that happens in all my applications. When this happens, even if a roll the mouse wheel, the...
  8. Touchpad two-finger scroll erratic

Touchpad two-finger scroll erratic: I recently purchased a Windows 10 laptop PC from Dell (specifically the XPS 9380), and it appears that the built-in Windows Precision touchpad drivers aren't working properly. Specifically, the cursor jumps erratically during two-finger scroll, causing similarly-erratic...
  9. Mouse scrolling erratically

Mouse scrolling erratically: All of a sudden this morning my wireless mouse is scrolling erratically. It moves a few lines in one direction then reverses and moves in the opposite direction. It continually does this so I can't get where I want to. Thanks....
  10. Cursor Selection Scrolls Erratically in Microsoft Services

Cursor Selection Scrolls Erratically in Microsoft Services: I have been experiencing a problem for a day or two now, and it has persisted across multiple reboots. When I open certain menus in Windows 10, the selection automatically scrolls to the top option, regardless of what I have selected. This only seems to affect Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. erratic scrolling windows 10

2. erradic scrolling

3. windows 10 scrolling wheel reverses momentarily problems

4. microsoft erratic scrolling,
  5. erratic scrolling windows 10 fix