Windows 10: Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files

Discus and support Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Picture says it all. How do I remove those "" /Play "%L" options ? [img] 93037 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ghost Data, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files

Picture says it all.
    How do I remove those "" /Play "%L" options ?

Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files [​IMG]

:)

Ghost Data, Sep 7, 2017
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Sep 7, 2017
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

ATGT, Sep 7, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files

Hello Ghost Data, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file below to clear and reset the Open With list for your .m4a files. It will delete the registry key below that will clear it.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.m4a\OpenWithList][/quote]
    *Arrow Clear_m4a_open_with_list.reg

Brink, Sep 7, 2017
  5. *Arrow Clear_m4a_open_with_list.reg[/quote] Hey Brink!

Thank you so much for that. However, it also happens with .wav .mp3 .aiff etc. Basically, with every single audio type of file.
    Is there a general fix I can apply?

Ghost Data, Sep 8, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you like, post back with a full list of all affected file types you need cleared, and I'll be happy to whip up a .reg file to clear them. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files

1. Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files - Similar Threads - Erroneous Open options

2. when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.: trying to open 1.8.9 forge for minecraft but when i rght click there is no open with option. i just want to select open with and click java as all my troubles will end with this....
  3. when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.: trying to open 1.8.9 forge for minecraft but when i rght click there is no open with option. i just want to select open with and click java as all my troubles will end with this....
  4. The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me: The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me im new on window 11 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-option-when-right-clicking-on-a-file-open-with/9b485a00-3df4-4da8-b282-c24fabc84e7c
  5. The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me

The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me: The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me im new on window 11 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-option-when-right-clicking-on-a-file-open-with/9b485a00-3df4-4da8-b282-c24fabc84e7c
  6. Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?: I used to be able to locate a file's location after searching for it in File Explorer with the Search option and right-clicking on the file, but it seems like that option is not available any more. Can anyone please help? This is slowing down a lot of things for me....
  7. Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?

Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?: I used to be able to locate a file's location after searching for it in File Explorer with the Search option and right-clicking on the file, but it seems like that option is not available any more. Can anyone please help? This is slowing down a lot of things for me....
  8. No options in 'open with'.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No options in 'open with'.: I've recently reloaded Office 2003 onto my laptop yes, I know it's well out of date. If I click start and go to the top of the programs I find Excel and Word there, as I would expect. But when I try to open an .xls or .doc file they don't open and I get a box inviting me to...
  9. SO when i open a .mp4 file and click on the option "open with", I get this option to choose...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SO when i open a .mp4 file and click on the option "open with", I get this option to choose...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tanish__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcgpbc/so_when_i_open_a_mp4_file_and_click_on_the_option/
  10. No "Open file location" menu option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No "Open file location" menu option: I downloaded and installed an app from the Microsoft App Store. I have no clue where Microsoft installed this app. All I have is a shortcut. If I right click on the shortcut, the "open file location" menu item is missing. I don't like not knowing where my files are located....