Windows 10: Error 0x800f081f when Running DISM. Need Help!

Discus and support Error 0x800f081f when Running DISM. Need Help! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and I feel there is something wrong with the performance of my ASUS Zenbook. I run DISM and I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mudum, Nov 8, 2015.

1. mudum Win User

Error 0x800f081f when Running DISM. Need Help!

I recently updated to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and I feel there is something wrong with the performance of my ASUS Zenbook.

I run DISM and I got the following error message:

1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

So I run the check again with an ISO image of Windows mounted in E, but I got the same error message.

2. C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:E:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Here is the log file. Please read it and tell me a solution. Thanks.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Z...ew?usp=sharing

What else can I do? I do not want to do windows reset or something like that because I have many softwares installed.

:)

mudum, Nov 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 Updater, Possibly Corrupted, Affected Multiple EXEs as Bad Images

Hello,

To fix DISM error 0x800f081f, try this fix :

https://www.kapilarya.com/dism-error-0x800f081f...

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 8, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Kyhi, Nov 8, 2015
  5. mudum Win User
    mudum, Nov 9, 2015
  6. You could try various cleanups, but it looks, like in the end, you will have to reset or reinstall. Upgrade is *Devil.

For starters run CMD as admin and enter:

Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

When it finishes enter another one:

cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

Then choose, what to clean, preferably everything and after cleanup enter next cmd and click "Y".

chkdsk /r /f

TairikuOkami, Nov 9, 2015
  7. mudum Win User
  8. Zbott Win User

3 pages, 15 minutes and the problem was solved. THIS ACTUALLY WORKS after trailing through about 50 threads all suggesting the same basic solution which just sent you back round in circles. This guy allows you to understand what the problem is, and why the previous solutions will not work, in my case file was missing not corrupt and sources simply do not contain a copy of that file, how the hell can wusa.exe be missing? Thats pretty basic I would have thought, anyway...

Major points:-

1) CBS log is the key, it will tell you what files are corrupt.
    2) This guys app takes care of the mounting of the source if you need it, the commandline for this is impenetrable, however this still did not fix my problem.
    3) Note that there a 3 sources of component repair; winsxs folder, MS updates & install.wim. If you are down this rabbit hole the first 2 will not (have not) help/helped you, you will need to manually find the corrupt or in my case MISSING folder in install.wim.
    4) Install.wim can be opened with 7zip.

Walkthrough:-

a) Run the tool according to his instructions
    b) Read the CBS log, find which file is corrupt
    c) Find an install.wim a windows ISO can be easilly found
    d) Find your file within that .wim, extract the .wim with 7zip
    e) Boot to WPE (I find wondershare liveboot good for this but a windows ERD is fine)
    f) Replace corrupt file in Windows\Winsxs with copy from install.wim
    g) Reboot

h) Re-run tool to check DISM corruption has been repaired
    i) Run SFC /Scannow to fix system files

j-z) Pull shirt over head and run around room doing sack dance when SFC reports 100% complete and corruption repaired.

That is all.

Zbott, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Error 0x800f081f when Running DISM. Need Help! - Similar Threads - Error 0x800f081f Running

2. DISM error: 0x800f081F...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM error: 0x800f081F...: Windows version: 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165) As usual, I ran ""sfc -scannow" command after this month patch update, that didn't find any integrity violation. DISM on the other hand did: The "RestoreHealth" could not fix the error: Checking the image health in PowerShell...
  3. need help with error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help with error 0x800f081f: hello, i'd like to ask for help with windows problem. its not causing any blue screen, crashes or any instability on my system other than not being able to update my windows but its kinda scaring me because sfc /scannow and dism tool can't seem to fix it. i've tried...
  4. need help with error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help with error 0x800f081f: hello, i'd like to ask for help with windows problem. its not causing any blue screen, crashes or any instability on my system other than not being able to update my windows but its kinda scaring me because sfc /scannow and dism tool can't seem to fix it. i've tried...
  5. Dism error: 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dism error: 0x800f081f: I used Dism "C:\>dism /image:c:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth /scratchdir:c:\scratch" to repair a Win10 system in a PE environment, and received an error 0x800f081f, stating that "[t]he source files could not be found". Any suggestions on what to do next? Thanks in...
  6. DISM error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DISM error 0x800f081f: So I was having some problems with my PC and decided to try running sfc /scannow. It said there were files to be repaired but it was unable to repair them so I decided to run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and got the error 0x800f081f: "The source files could not...
  7. DISM error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM error 0x800f081f: what does this error mean? how can I resolve this error? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-error-0x800f081f/bd78d322-56f0-4bef-b979-41ecc577265c
  8. Error: 0x800f081f when running DISM to repair SFC-Problems

Error: 0x800f081f when running DISM to repair SFC-Problems: I've been trying to repair an error which system file checker gives me, however no matter what I try as it seems, I can't get windows to fix it. So it begins with sfc /scannow, and when I create the log file, I find this: 2015-08-14 18:45:52, Info CSI 00002bac [SR]...
  9. Error 0x800f081f when using DISM tool

Error 0x800f081f when using DISM tool: Hello, Windows 10 power user here. I've been viewing help topics here for some time and found this forum very useful. However, there is one problem that I can't seem to solve. Whenever I use the DISM tool to repair Windows 10, I get the error "0x800f081f - The source...
  10. DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f

DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f: [img] 0 I have a user who has a Lenovo notebook recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. He complained that it is very sluggish and Internet Explorer is extremely sluggish since the upgrade to Windows 10. I ran SFC /scannow with this result: Windows Resource Protection...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error: 0x800f081f with image mounted