Windows 10: Error 0xc000014c Cannot boot from any media nor access bios

Discus and support Error 0xc000014c Cannot boot from any media nor access bios in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 / Z68 / Samsung EVO SSD / i2500K (not overclocked) I had a faulty audio amp blow the fuses on the house when plugging in. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikey999, Nov 26, 2016.

1. mikey999 Win User

Error 0xc000014c Cannot boot from any media nor access bios

Hi,

Windows 10 / Z68 / Samsung EVO SSD / i2500K (not overclocked)

I had a faulty audio amp blow the fuses on the house when plugging in. My desktop went to blue screen with the message:

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
    The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors
    File:/Boot/BCD
    Error code: 0x000014c
    You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't...

I created a recovery tool USB from another PC. Booted from the USB, went into recovery and it fixed the PC without issue.

A week later and the PC just froze. Had to reboot - straight back to the above screen. Tried the same process and the operating system on the USB would not load. Tried different USB ports, tried a DVD - nothing. Reset the Bios - nothing. Loaded a new complete Windows 10 onto USB to try a clean install. Will not load. I can no no longer even access the Bios to change the boot sequence. So no bios access, recovery not working, clean install not happening.

Need this urgently for work (data is backed up externally plus on separate hard drives in the PC regardless so no issue with data loss). Would this most likely be a hard drive or MOBO issue? Picking a replacement C drive may be the best option. Current drive is a Samsung EVO SSD.

Thanks.

:)

mikey999, Nov 26, 2016
  2. JaviBXL Win User

Getting Windows 10 error code 0xc000014c with boot file error message

Old title: Windows 10 error 0xc000014c

Help my pc is saying that the boot file is damaged error code 0xc000014c

I know that some people have already asked this but ive looked through everything and nothing works for me because to access your BIOS setup you need to have a minimum boot but on my pc it doesent even do that, I've hit every function key possible and NONE
    do ANYTHING and on every fix it is required for you to access you BIOS so please help Error 0xc000014c Cannot boot from any media nor access bios :(

JaviBXL, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Error code 0xc000014c

Error code 0xc000014c appears on boot cannot boot mypc

john wall 007, Nov 26, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Sounds like you fried your computer. If the amp was not good, why did you plug it in and cause further headaches.

bro67, Nov 26, 2016
  5. mikey999 Win User
    Had I known the amp had a fault, I of course would not have plugged it in. Would I need to replace MOBO or drive or could be both?

mikey999, Nov 26, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    Mikey999, Bro67 may be correct, but if you would like, we can try a few things to see if we can tell. Please disconnect everything except keyboard and mouse from the computer. Disconnect all hard drives except the SSD and try to boot. Tell us what happens. What method did you use to reset CMOS? Also

Please fill out your System Specs

Error 0xc000014c Cannot boot from any media nor access bios [​IMG]
    Information Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible. If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

essenbe, Nov 26, 2016
  7. mikey999 Win User
    Disconnected all bar the keyboard, mouse and SDD. Went into the same loop back to the error screen.
    Disconnected the SDD and inserted the USB with Win10. Started to load then ;
    Disk Boot Failure, Insert system disk and press enter.
    Put the recovery DVD in - nothing.
    Turned off, took pout the USB with Win10 and recovery DVD. Switched on again, began to load. Once Disk Boot Failure came up, inserted Win10USB and hit enter - nothing.
    Assuming dead - do I need to replace SSD, MOB and CPU (Ram?) ?
    As it ran for a week since the initial power cut that caused this, would some of it be ok?

mikey999, Nov 26, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

A stupid question, possibly: with everything but the keyboard, mouse, and monitor disconnected, can you enter the BIOS setup utility?

(delete key during POST on your Gigabyte MB).

bobkn, Nov 26, 2016
  9. essenbe Win User
    Also, am I understanding that without the SSD it would boot, but with it, no boot? Do you have another hard drive or SSD you could try?

essenbe, Nov 26, 2016
  10. mikey999 Win User
    Not able to enter Bios even with all other peripherals disconnected.

Got an old drive with Window 7 - not sure of condition. Fired up and it tried to load and came up the system memory's configuration as changed since it entered hibernation. Pressed enter to delete restoration data and proceed to boot menu. Went into system repair mode, repaired for a while, then restarted. Back to same screen, only this time said start normally without repair. Back again to StartUp repair loop. Maybe the drive with this one.

Found another SATA drive with Win7. This one loaded 7, went to the screen to select user, clicked the user, then stuck on a blank screen. hard disk sentinel has popped up on screen after close to 10 minutes - but nothing else. I recall SATA drives being slow, but not like this!

Does this indicate the MOBO and cpu may be ok to get this far? Then again, should it not start with a full win10 version on the USB?

mikey999, Nov 26, 2016
  11. essenbe Win User
    It is really just a guess, but I am suspect of the ssd. I wish you had a known good hard drive you could try a clean install of windows 10 on. I would also like you to get into BIOS to set optimized defaults and even possibly reflash bios.

Yea, it's hard to think we used to use Mechanical Hard Drives and think they were OK.

What method did you use to clear CMOS and what brand of PSU do you have?

essenbe, Nov 26, 2016
  12. mikey999 Win User
    Reset CMOS to default settings earlier on in the piece when I ran out of ideas and thought a setting may have been compromised. I could access the bios earlier on reboot.

The PSU is a Cooler master PR 500 PCAR.

I have 5 other drives which don't hold an operating system. Hard disks are recognized on start-up. Tries to load operating system, but then I just get a curser - no Boot Disk failure message or ability to load system from USB or DVD drive. I am sure they were all ok when I pulled them from whatever system - odds are against all 5 being shot.
    This drive gives me a start screen, then goes to blank, then when I turn off, goes back to the shutting down screen.

UPDATE: One of the drives (with the USB holding Win10 also plugged in as tried earlier) has now began to install Win10. Going through the motions now. Does this confirm that the MOBO and CPU should be ok and I only need a new SDD?

UPDATE 2: Win10 has installed. hopefully the other drives will be ok when I reconnect everything. I assume I only need to get a new SSD now.

mikey999, Nov 26, 2016
  13. essenbe Win User

I would assume that also. Provided, you can get into BIOS and the computer runs fairly well and boots OK. Personally, I would run it that way for a few days just to make sure there is nothing else wrong.

If your SSD is still under warranty, I would try to RMA it. Please let us know how it runs and if you notice any problems.

You did a good job, well done.

essenbe, Nov 26, 2016
  14. mikey999 Win User
    Will get a new SDD regardless as this old SATA is trying on the patience. Any other drama and I'll change the mobo and cpu as about time for an update regardless.

Many, many thanks for the suggestions and support throughout the day. Much appreciated.

mikey999, Nov 26, 2016
  15. essenbe Win User
    You're very welcome. I'm glad it worked out for you, or at least seems to have.

essenbe, Nov 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Error 0xc000014c Cannot boot from any media nor access bios - Similar Threads - Error 0xc000014c Cannot

2. Error code 0xc000014c

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code 0xc000014c: HELP stuck really need help. This error code has appeared today and i cannot get rid of it. Have burnt the iso etc onto a disc however the system won't read the disc. All of this after an update last night...
  3. Error 0xc000014c

Error 0xc000014c: I was attempting to change my HDMI cord and accidentally unplugged my desktop while it was starting up. I got the 0xc000014c error. I downloaded windows 10 media creation on a usb from my windows 8 laptop but it doesn’t do anything when I plug it into my pc. Plus when i try...
  4. Error 0XC000014C during boot on MBR legacy partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Error 0XC000014C during boot on MBR legacy partition: Hi, I'm trying to recover a PC which holds important data. the PC can't boot and gives an Errorcode 0XC000014C. referencing to boot the pc can't start anymore, so i made an USB of windows 10. using commandprompt in the installer USB i tried: bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot...
  5. 0xc000014C error attempting to read the Boot Configuration Data

in Windows 10 News
    0xc000014C error attempting to read the Boot Configuration Data: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The error code 0xc000014C which may appear while booting up a computer points towards the Registry of the computer is corrupt as a result of which the system was unable to read the BCD file. This is triggered when the computer [...] This post 0xc000014C...
  6. Windows boot error 0xc000014c, nothing works to fix it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot error 0xc000014c, nothing works to fix it.: Hi there. My PC crashed yesterday afternoon. When it restarted, this message popped up; Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000014c You'll need to use...
  7. boot configuration data is missing Error code: 0xc000014c

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot configuration data is missing Error code: 0xc000014c: Hey, my PC isn't booting after a reset. I upgraded my Toshiba Satellite C665 - P5012 PC from win7 to win10 pro edition. Apparently, due to its hardware insufficiency and loads of installed programs my pc was not running well so i performed a reset and the thing is my PC was...
  8. Error Code: 0xc000014c

Error Code: 0xc000014c: Hello, so originally my laptop was experiencing crashes after recent updates until a couple days ago when it failed to boot up and got stuck in the Automatic Repair loop, and none of the repair/restore options worked. So the only thing I could do was type in the Bootrec...
  9. Error 0xc000014c Cannot boot from any media nor access bios

Error 0xc000014c Cannot boot from any media nor access bios: Hi, Windows 10 / Z68 / i2500K (not overclocked) I had a faulty audio amp blow the fuses on the house when plugging in. My desktop went to blue screen with the message: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains...
  10. Dell XPS Laptop won't boot, error 0xc000014c

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS Laptop won't boot, error 0xc000014c: I have a Dell XPS laptop that won't boot all of the sudden. Upon turning on the laptop, it attempts an automatic repair but fails. The first error code it showed all the time was 0xc000014c. It has also shown error code 0xc00000e9. I have tried the following with no...
Tags: