Windows 10: Error 0xc0000428 when install in Hyper-V

Discus and support Error 0xc0000428 when install in Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Trying to install W10 in Hyper-V with W8.1 pro as host. Keep getting this error, but a search reveals fixes for the error only on installed OSes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Wenda, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Wenda Win User

Error 0xc0000428 when install in Hyper-V

Trying to install W10 in Hyper-V with W8.1 pro as host.

Keep getting this error, but a search reveals fixes for the error only on installed OSes.

This wasn't happening previously.

Any ideas???

:)

Wenda, Nov 25, 2015

2. Bluescreen when install bluestack

thank. I try stop hyper-v, it show error and not uninstall hyper-v.

now i had do fresh install window. I think its error because some service miss when win upgrade.

bui thedung, Nov 25, 2015
  3. AJESQ Win User
    Hyper-V Stopped Working on Windows 10 Pro

I should also add, I have uninstalled hyper-v and re-installed hyper-v and still get the same error.

AJESQ, Nov 25, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

You mean when you are starting the VM? This error means the boot files are corrupt / missing. Are you running generation 1 or 2 VMs? It will show you the generation on the summary tab of the main Hyper-V manager (and it determines if you are doing BIOS or UEFI boot..

Error 0xc0000428 when install in Hyper-V [​IMG]

5. Wenda Win User
    Gen 1 0r Gen 2 - it makes no difference. I tried both. 2 gives me an EFI boot error, 1 just gives the error in the thread title.

I tried it in Virtual-Box, and got this (see below).

I don't get it, this all worked before I went to W10 (this is a restored sys-image, NOT a roll-back).

I ran several of the betas no problem at all, on this setup, before imaging it and upgrading.

Could W10 have possibly screwed with my BIOS???

I am going to try an earlier image, which has known working VMs installed, and see if that solves the problem.

Meanwhile, I'll be on the W7 machine ...

Wenda, Nov 25, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    You can't start a x64 VirtualBox VM if Hyper-V is enabled. Try disabling Hyper-V by entering this from administrator command prompt and rebooting Code: bcdedit /set {default} hypervisorlaunchtype off[/quote] Next try to start virtualbox VM. If it will still not start then check VT-x is enabled in BIOS (I can't imagine it would change it but you never know). If your VirtualBox VM will start then you know BIOS is OK.

To re-enable hyper-v enter this and reboot Code: bcdedit /set {default} hypervisorlaunchtype auto[/quote] Fixing boot issues should be the same for VM as normal machine but it is worth checking BIOS first.

7. Wenda Win User
    Next try to start virtualbox VM. If it will still not start then check VT-x is enabled in BIOS (I can't imagine it would change it but you never know). If your VirtualBox VM will start then you know BIOS is OK.

To re-enable hyper-v enter this and reboot Code: bcdedit /set {default} hypervisorlaunchtype auto[/quote]

Fixing boot issues should be the same for VM as normal machine but it is worth checking BIOS first.[/quote] You beat me to it, but thanks for your help. Would have posted earlier, but was sleeping (it's now just after 6am here). I let the (150+GB) image restore overnight.

Yes, I know you can't run VB with Hyper-V enabled or vice-versa, but disabling it made no difference.

The older image restored OK, but Hyper-V still wasn't working. However, this time I got an error message which led me to the self-same fix you have posted. Now I just have to restore the current image (doing that now), apply the fix, and I should be good to go (touch wood).

Thanks again for your help.

BTW, this is a laptop with the usual severely cut-down (non-UEFI) BIOS, VT-x cannot be accessed or changed. This is why I was worried W10 may have made irreversible changes to it.

Wenda, Nov 25, 2015
  8. Wenda Win User

Update: The fix has been applied, and tested with a Win 8 Pro 64 disc in Virtual-Box.

All now appears to be working as it should.

Wenda, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Error 0xc0000428 when install in Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Error 0xc0000428 install

2. ERROR 0xc0000428 AND ERROR 0XC0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ERROR 0xc0000428 AND ERROR 0XC0000098: שלום, אני מנסה להפעיל את המחשב שלי DELL, WINDOWS 10 ולא מצליח. כבר תקופה מסוימת שזה קורה. כל פעם עלי ללחוץ F5 כדי לסרוק את המחשב ואז אחרי שהכל תקין הוא נדלק. והיום משום מה הנייד שלי לא נדלק. ניסיתי כמה פתרונות מוצעים ע"פ השגיאות שבכותרת ולא הצליח בראשונה ניסיתי את התיקון...
  3. Error: Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: Hyper-V: A window show up one I clicked finished this what is says: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-hyper-v/1d057431-d7a6-40f5-96e5-747c14fcef4b
  4. Hyper-V installation

Hyper-V installation: I have Windows 10 PRO and just turned on Hyper-V to set up a virtual machine. Everything went well until I tried to install the operating system. I bought a version of windows 10 home for this purpose but its on a USB drive and the installation setup doesn't accept this...
  5. Hyper-V Installation

Hyper-V Installation: Hello all, Thanks to everyone who replied to my las question in regard to installing Microsoft's "Virtual PC" program on my Windows 10 Pro machine. I asked if there was a Microsoft program, such as "Virtual PC," which I had installed on my Windows 7 Professional machine -...
  6. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  7. Hyper-V/Ubuntu 10.04 Installation/Error

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V/Ubuntu 10.04 Installation/Error: I recently purchased a Dell XPS 15, 9550, 6700HQ, W10P, 16Gig, non-touch, refurb computer. I re-partitioned the SSD drive, creating among other things drive 'R' of about 97 Gig. R was not reformatted - it is NTFS. Using another computer, I downloaded Ubuntu 10.04.LTS ISO...
  8. Error when installing Hyper-V

Error when installing Hyper-V: I thought I would try out Hyper-V for the first time ever. However I'm getting an error message when installing it. [img] 17535
  9. Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.

Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.: Hi this is my first post but I am really confused as to an issue with hyper-V Whenever I go to open the virtual switch manager, it says; The operation on computer 'DESKTOP-V1A0142' failed: Generic error. Is there anyway to fix this. I have not yet created any switches...
  10. Clean install 15014 in hyper-v

Clean install 15014 in hyper-v: I have created an iso using the uup to iso tutorial and it works fine to upgrade existing VMs, setting iso as a dvd. I am trying to clean install it in hyper-v overwriting an existing vm (do not want to change existing vm id) and have set it as a dvd, and changed boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 17763.1 hypervisorlaunchtype auto

2. error 0xc0000428 hyper v iso