Windows 10: Error 1601 Microsoft Installer

Discus and support Error 1601 Microsoft Installer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can download but not install my new software program. Message says there is an issue with Microsoft Installer, error code 1601. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sam((#&-, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Sam((#&- Win User

Error 1601 Microsoft Installer

I can download but not install my new software program. Message says there is an issue with Microsoft Installer, error code 1601. How do I fix this? When I click on follow these steps I am taken to Quicken website with no help for this problem. Thanks.

:)

Sam((#&-, Aug 15, 2018

2. java error 1601

Thanks, im sorry, i did all of the step u are suggested to me, but did not fixed the problem.

Btw this is new pc i just bought, after i got it, i tried to install Pirate Microsoft Office, it didnt work anyway and window defender have found a lot of virus(Win64/Expiro.AE) after that i had to uninstalled it, and remove all of the virus, anyway after
    that ive installed minecraft, and it said i need java runtime environment 1.6.0, so i try to install the java and the ive found this java error 1601.

Here is my winver Sir.
    Error 1601 Microsoft Installer [​IMG]

MalaikatMaut, Aug 15, 2018
  3. FM492 Win User
    internet connection sharing in windows 10 after clean install to W10 1601

Thanks ive seen and tried all of this. its something with 1601

FM492, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

autocad error

Hey PT, try this:

You may see this error during installation of the full Okino software package: "Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.MSXML2, { etc, etc }. HRESULT = 0x80070002".

This error has occurred in the Microsoft MSXML v4 installer program and not in the Okino installer. We run this sub-installer to make sure your machine has the newest version of the Microsoft XML v4 parser installed.

Doing a Google search for "error 1935 microsoft.msxml2" results in these common suggestions to this problem:

Turn off (disable) all SpyWare and Anti-Virus programs. These programs prevent the Microsoft MSXML installer from writing to the registry. Restart the installation process.

Close down all of your applications which are using the Microsoft MSXML v4 parser and then re-start the installer. Internet Explorer would be a good candidate program to close down.

Another often referenced set of solutions is outlined on this page, as well as here.

Another indirect solution offered by Microsoft is outlined here.
    Basic Suggestions to Overcoming Common Installshield Runtime Problems

Link here: http://www.okino.com/conv/installshieldfixes.htm

... The interesting thing is that AutoCAD 2007 uses MSI, not install sheild.

Sasqui, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Error 1601 Microsoft Installer - Similar Threads - Error 1601 Microsoft

2. Install error in Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install error in Microsoft Store.: I was trying to install the official Minecraft Launcher and some other apps and it just gives me an error:On the main pages of the apps the install button is just blocked, like with Xbox on this screenshot:I am confused and don't even know what to do with it now. Maybe it has...
  3. Microsoft store installation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store installation error: well, i cannot install or update any app on my computer. used a repair tool and it detected svchost.exe crash. OS is Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-installation-error/b2e22cd1-7474-4752-ab36-1ca8b5a4adca
  4. Microsoft store installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store installation error: well, i cannot install or update any app on my computer. used a repair tool and it detected svchost.exe crash. OS is Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-installation-error/b2e22cd1-7474-4752-ab36-1ca8b5a4adca
  5. Microsoft store install error

Microsoft store install error: So recently I've been trying to install the Minecraft launcher on the Microsoft Store but every time I install it, it begins the download but stops shortly after with an error message saying Error Code: 0x80070005. So I thought it was only for this app so I tried downloading...
  6. Microsoft Install Error -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Install Error -: HI - How can i resolve this error; 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems KB4493441 - Error 0xca00a000 Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-install-error/c96862a4-00e1-4f5a-b920-38046eb8714d
  7. Outlook regularly advises that it will restart in 1601 a.d. I suppose

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook regularly advises that it will restart in 1601 a.d. I suppose: A picture is worth 1000 words: [ATTACH] Any ideas why I see this a couple of times each week? even after running update. System clock is OK: [ATTACH] Cheers! Mike....
  8. Microsoft Store Installing Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Installing Error: Hello, recently i have been tring to install Sea Of Theives from the Microsoft Store however i have been getting the same error message that reads 'Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings. Code:...
  9. Microsoft app installer installation error

Microsoft app installer installation error: when I try to install any appx file using the normal app installer from Microsoft store I'm getting an error message saying "class not registered 0x80040154." Can someone please help me with this problem...
  10. Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System: I tried to remove older software on my Windows 10 system and received the error message that "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance." Also, when...