Windows 10: Error 1603 when trying to install Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center

Discus and support Error 1603 when trying to install Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've searched all over the internet to try to find a solution for this Error 1603 that I am getting when I am trying to install Microsoft Mouse &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Delibrythe, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Error 1603 when trying to install Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center

I've searched all over the internet to try to find a solution for this Error 1603 that I am getting when I am trying to install Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center. I did a recent in place upgrade for Windows 10 (Anniversary edition) and I was sure that this program was already installed.

The driver for the mouse works fine and is listed in Device Manager but I would like to have this software as it can enable you to assign certain functions for you mouse keys for specific apps. It's a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 and the software for it is MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_2.8.106

There is a Microsoft Program troubleshooter that I ran that didn't help one bit. Then I read in the Microsoft forums a suggestion of trying to install it by doing a clean boot, but that didn't work either. This Error 1603 seems to be a common problem but I have yet to find a solution to it.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the error message.
    Error 1603 when trying to install Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center [​IMG]

On top of that Windows Update is trying to install some updates for the mouse (and keyboard even though it's only a mouse that I have) and it is giving me error messages as well (see screenshot)
    I couldn't find any info online for the error message it gives which is Error 0x800705b3.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue and if so, what did you do to resolve it?

:)

Delibrythe, Sep 23, 2016

2. Mouse & Keyboard Center 3.2.116 breaks Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mouse

After installing Mouse & Keyboard Center 3.2.116 the buttons on my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mouse no longer work, and the trackpad clicks on my SP5 keyboard also no longer work.

Only fix is to unplug Sculpt mouse and restart SP5, then the trackpad works normally. Plugging the Sculpt back in repeats the issue.

Uninstalled Mouse & Keyboard Center 3.2.116, but Sculpt is still not working. Cannot reinstall Mouse & Keyboard Center 3.2.116 as I now get Error 1603.

le squirrel, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Mouse and Keyboard Center Install Failure

When trying to setup a Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop the keyboard and mouse did not show up in the Mouse and Keyboard Center. I tried to reinstall the M&KC and received an error 1603. The M&KC still did not install after a clean boot. Any recommendations for
    further trouble shooting much appreciated.

ASUS X99-A Motherboard

Windows 10 Creators Edition

32GB Memory

64-Bit

RichardMercer, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Error 1603 when trying to install Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center

Steve C, Sep 23, 2016
  5. Hi Steve,

Yes, I am trying to install the latest 64bit version which is 2.8.106. I even got desperate and tried this free program called EaseUS Todo PC Trans Free http://www.easeus.com/free-pc-transfer-software/

It did manage to transfer over the program files for the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center to my other laptop but when I tried to use it, it failed. I'm sure that it didn't correctly copy over the proper registry keys and all that so I wouldn't recommend this program to anyone who is thinking of moving an app from one machine to another.

I'm still perplexed as to why I'm getting this error message and have yet to find a solution. *Shock

Delibrythe, Sep 23, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Are you installing from an admin account and have you checked to see if your antivirus program is blocking the installation?

Steve C, Sep 23, 2016
  7. Yes I'm installing from my Admin account and running the app as an Administrator. I have no 3rd party anti-virus apps installed I only use Windows Defender. (I do have some other anti-virus/anti-adware tools that I use but they are portable .exe versions and are not intstalled like (Adwcleaner, TDSSKiller, RogueKiller, etc).

I also used CCleaner & a couple of other apps I have to clean the registry to remove all traces of any previous installations in the registry.

Delibrythe, Sep 23, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

I tried installing that latest version Mouse & Keyboard centre v2.8.106. It installed OK but then didn't find my MS keyboard and mouse! I then went back to the old 2013 v2.1.177 I was using and that works fine. Maybe you could try using an older version? I found them here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sear...board%20center. Like I said my old v2.1 works fine in Windows 10.

Steve C, Sep 23, 2016
  9. I found that older version you mentioned and tried to install but it wouldn't let me because it says there is a newer version (which is most likely the one I'm trying to install).

Delibrythe, Sep 23, 2016
  10. Steve C Win User
    Did you uninstall the new version first from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features then try installing the older version.

Also, check the latest supported version for your hardware. I checked my Digital Media Pro keyboard here and found the latest Mouse & Keyboard driver is 2.3 for Windows 8 - but it works fine in Windows 10. https://www.microsoft.com/accessorie...a-pro-keyboard

See also this link for supported mice & keyboards https://www.microsoft.com/accessorie...ported-devices Notice my older keyboard is not supported in v2.8!

PS Every cloud has a silver lining - your post enabled me to find the latest working driver for my PC *Smile

Steve C, Sep 23, 2016
  11. Hi Steve,

Yes I checked Programs & Features and it isn't even listed as installed and as I mentioned before, I did some registry cleaning to make sure there were no leftovers from previous installations.

And v2.8 is definitely the one I need because I use it on another laptop which is way older than the Dell that I'm trying to install this one on and it works perfectly fine on my Asus. I used to have it installed on the Dell before but for some reason it won't let me do it now. I also use Driver Booster Pro and all my drivers are up to date as well.

This issue has me stumped and not to mention frustrated *Mad LOL *Nerd

Delibrythe, Sep 23, 2016
  12. OMG I finally got it to work! Hip hip hooray (I'm doing the happy dance)!! LOL *Party

So this is how I finally got this app to install. I went to Device Manager and uninstalled all instances of the Microsoft Mouse under Mice & other pointing devices, under Keyboards & under Human Interface devices.

I then started the setup up program for Mouse & Keyboard Center v2.8.106 (ran as Administrator). But before clicking on install I plugged in the nano receiver for the mouse which device manager detected. I made a note of where the files for the software were extracted to, it is a long alpha-numeric name that gets extracted to the C drive.

Then in Device Manager I went to Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center) and chose Update driver Software, then Browse my computer for driver software and chose the folder where the app extracted its contents to. It immediately started installing software for the mouse.

Then lastly, I went back to the setup for the Mouse & Keyboard Center and proceeded with the install and VOILA it installed without any problems.

Whew, I'm relieved I finally managed to fix this and I hope this solution helps anyone else that is having the same issue. I posted this in the Microsoft forums as well and had no replies, so I'm going to update it with what I did and maybe it can be of use to someone else.

Delibrythe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Error 1603 when trying to install Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center - Similar Threads - Error 1603 trying

2. a mouse and keyboard center error 1603; b arc mouse: must click on far left edge to execute...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a mouse and keyboard center error 1603; b arc mouse: must click on far left edge to execute...: System: Dell XPS15 2022, Windows 11:I'm hoping to get a solution for one or both of the following issues:1. Surface Arc Mouse bluetooth has suddenly started to malfunction - in order to execute a left click, the clicking finger must be over the far left edge of the mouse. A...
  3. a mouse and keyboard center error 1603; b arc mouse: must click on far left edge to execute...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a mouse and keyboard center error 1603; b arc mouse: must click on far left edge to execute...: System: Dell XPS15 2022, Windows 11:I'm hoping to get a solution for one or both of the following issues:1. Surface Arc Mouse bluetooth has suddenly started to malfunction - in order to execute a left click, the clicking finger must be over the far left edge of the mouse. A...
  4. Microsoft Installer Error 1603

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Installer Error 1603: Symptom: When installing a TurboTax software update, the following error occurs: "A fatal error occurred during installation. I've disabled all the antivirus, antimalware, firewall, desktop for both McAfee and Windows to install a TurboTax update. I've been on the phone...
  5. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: Hi there I am currently working form home on a work provided computer and would like to use the keyboards and mice I currently have that are: Microsoft Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse, Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard and New Microsoft Number Pad. I have used them without...
  6. Error 1603 while trying to install Mouse & Keyboard

Error 1603 while trying to install Mouse & Keyboard: Hi, I am getting error 1603 while installing the latest version of Mouse & Keyboard Center 64 bits ver. 12.181. Can someone help me? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Note I run Win10 Pro. Thanks,...
  7. microsoft mouse & keyboard center

microsoft mouse & keyboard center: I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, so am I correct that the MICROSOFT MOUSE & KEYBOARD CENTER utility can safely be uninstalled? Thanks, Dan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-keyboard-center/1d1eed96-6ce3-4e1a-bb00-c1728b42eb72
  8. Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center: My old keyboard was failing, so I bought a new one. Can I export the Macros I have created and then import them for my new computer? The drop downs did not have a choice for this error, I apologize if they confuse my question....
  9. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center setup error

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center setup error: I've downloaded MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_12.181.exe without issues, from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051843/accessories-mouse-keyboard-center-download . Upon "Run as Administrator" it goes through the usual setup-type process, I think giving me an EULA,...
  10. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center: customizable buttons/keys don't work in programs which runs under the certain conditions of compatibility modes, or if program runs with administrative privilege... making administrative privilege to "itype.exe & ipoint.exe & mousekeyboardcenter.exe" does not help... as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center (Error code 1603)

2. error 1603 while downloading Microsoft mouse and keyboard center

3. error code 1603 microsoft mouse and keyboard