Windows 10: Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working

Discus and support Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I use the windows 10 game bar and try to record, about 1-3 minutes into the recording I get an error message that says "Error 2147942487 Game Bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Always Infinit3, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working

When I use the windows 10 game bar and try to record, about 1-3 minutes into the recording I get an error message that says "Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working" The recording stops and everything that I recorded does not save. Why is this happening?

[Moved from : Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

:)

Always Infinit3, Aug 17, 2018

2. Game Bar update

Hi MatyasSvoboda,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're there's a little window when recording your games. To resolve this concern, I recommend that you turn off your Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do
    this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Gaming.
    • Click Game bar.
    • Click the switch below Record game
      clips
      . Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working

Game Bar Error

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are getting an error when launching the Game bar on your Windows 10 PC. The error message that you provided, which is
    "can't save your recording.make sure your captures folder allows files to be saved", is possibly shown because the folder where you save your videos is missing or corrupted. To resolve your concern, here are methods that you can perform on
    your computer:

Method 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps on your computer by clicking the run troubleshooter button on this link.

Method 2. Reset Windows Store to clear store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Method 3. Uninstall and reinstall Xbox app to update it.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App here.  

Method 4. Disable the Game bar on Task Manager to completely restart the process.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type
      Task Manager
      in the search box.
    • Hit Enter.
    • Under the Processes tab, look for Game bar, and then click on it.
    • Click the End task button.
    • Press Windows + G again to launch the Game bar.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested methods above.

Loraine Mon, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working

1. Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working - Similar Threads - Error 2147942487 Game

2. "Remember this is a game" not working in Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Remember this is a game" not working in Game Bar: When I select this close the game bar and reopen it, it doesn't stay selected.I have an AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D processor that works with the game bar to assign the right cores when playing games and I need to use this feature on some games that aren't recognized automatically by...
  3. "Remember this is a game" not working in Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Remember this is a game" not working in Game Bar: When I select this close the game bar and reopen it, it doesn't stay selected.I have an AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D processor that works with the game bar to assign the right cores when playing games and I need to use this feature on some games that aren't recognized automatically by...
  4. Game bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar not working: My Win+g isn't enabling game bar. I found out that its because game bar isnt enabled. However when I try to enable it, it doesn't save. I've tried enabling it, closing the window, restarting my pc, doesn't work. I've tried the same process but not closing the window, won't...
  5. Game bar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar not working: My Win+g isn't enabling game bar. I found out that its because game bar isnt enabled. However when I try to enable it, it doesn't save. I've tried enabling it, closing the window, restarting my pc, doesn't work. I've tried the same process but not closing the window, won't...
  6. Game bar is working but....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar is working but....: [ATTACH] So i got a new computer for gaming and i wanted to open up game bar, but when i open it, all it shows is this (picture below) instead of the real game bar, where is shows xbox chat, people, parties, and sound. does anybody know how i can get the actual game bar?...
  7. Game Bar Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Error: So, I was recording a game clip, but when I finished I got a "Game bar didn't save clip make sure.." error. I restarted the app and everything works fine now, but is there any way for me to recover the clip that didn't save?...
  8. Game bar doesnt work on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar doesnt work on games: Today when I wanted to record game footage for youtube I kept on pressing the shortcut key to open game bar but it wasnt opening. I closed the games and pressed it in settings and surprisingly it opened. I dont understand the use if the game bar doesnt show up in games....
  9. Game Bar Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Error: I'm playing a game called roblox and my computer was reseted like 5 days ago when i opened my computer firstly I downloaded roblox when I tried to use game bar it worked but when i closed my pc and try to open game bar in roblox it didnt work.I tried again and again but it...
  10. Game Bar Error 2147942487

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Bar Error 2147942487: When I use the windows 10 game bar and try to record, about 1-3 minutes into the recording I get an error message that says "Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working" The recording stops and everything that I recorded does not save. Why is this happening?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 2147942487

2. 2147942487

3. gamebar 2147942487

4. recording isnt working game bar,
  5. game dvr エラー 2147942487,
  6. error 2147942487 game bar,
  7. windows g error 2147942487,
  8. game bar 2147942487,
  9. gamebar error 24...,
  10. error 2147942487 recorsing not working,
  11. xbox エラー214794287,