Windows 10: Error 50: The Request is not supported

Discus and support Error 50: The Request is not supported in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I noticed that Superfetch service is not loading any more even being set in "Auto". I tried manually to load it, but i get the error: Windows Could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LM2007, Jun 7, 2017.

1. LM2007 Win User

Error 50: The Request is not supported

I noticed that Superfetch service is not loading any more even being set in "Auto". I tried manually to load it, but i get the error:

Windows Could not start the superfetch on local computer.

Windows 10 is up to date and i have no SSD disk, just a hybrid hard drive as stated in an old thread, but it was working before.

:)

LM2007, Jun 7, 2017

2. "The Request is Not Supported " Error.

but it normal if i in safe mode.

is there any other option than re-install windows?

faridahmad93, Jun 7, 2017
  3. "The Request is Not Supported " Error.

Which Antivirus or security software do you have installed?

Try doing this in safe mode....

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator /active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Try creating a new account and see if that works...

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-manage-...

Andre Da Costa, Jun 7, 2017
  4. Unkn0wn Win User

Hi,

To address the issue, please check the SuperFetch cache and service.

1. Click Start -> type services in the search box, press Enter
    2. Find Superfetch in the list, double click it.
    3. If the service is running, click Stop button. Verify Startup type is Automatic.
    4. Press Run and Type: "%SystemRoot%\Prefetch" to access the folder and delete anything in this folder.
    5. Back to Superfech service, Click Start button to start the service.

If this wont work to start the service I would advise another reboot after deleting everything in the folder.

Unkn0wn, Jun 8, 2017
  5. LM2007 Win User
    I did a refresh and it was working again, but it seems that after the recent updates were installed (KB4022725 and KB4022405) the problem came back.

Edit:

Found a workaround enabling Virtual Memory, a thing that was not needed before. Seems like is a bug from build 1703.

LM2007, Jun 14, 2017
  6. Unkn0wn Win User
    Great, good to hear it was only a little bug from that release.

Unkn0wn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Error 50: The Request is not supported - Similar Threads - Error Request supported

2. ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 the request is not supported... Why??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 the request is not supported... Why??: I try to install QuickTime and ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 The request is not supported appeared, i also try to run as administrator it says same thing, When i tried to install another app to check it just same I searched for answer but there's no same problem or...
  3. Product registration error and service support request errors !

Product registration error and service support request errors !: How can there be a product registration error ? The msi laptop was registered months ago when the mediamarkt was still open ! The mediamarkt in Eindhoven also did not reply to my requests for support in the past and the support some months ago ![ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. The request is not supported error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The request is not supported error.: Hi I am recently facing the request is not supported error when ever I start my laptop. On mostly all of the apps and software in my system. Like Xbox app or skype or teams with the error saying not supported or error and not opening up. Even my command prompt is not opening...
  5. "The request is not supported" error on cipher command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The request is not supported" error on cipher command: Hi, i just want to secure my personal file on my PC using cipher command on cmd. Here i input the command: C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\Users\User\Desktop\Yada C:\Users\User\Desktop\Yada>cipher /e What i expect: Encrypting files in C:\Users\User\Desktop\Yada\...
  6. dism error 50 the request is not supported

dism error 50 the request is not supported: Hello, I have a lot of problems in my windows 10 laptop so I found that solution is checking for system files so I go to cmd then write DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth it worked until 84.8% and then stopped for a while then I pressed enter to see what...
  7. The request is not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The request is not supported: Recently I started experiencing an issue when I try to install setup files. I receive a message "the request is not supported". I have to install in "safe mode". Could this be the result of a recent "windows update"....
  8. request not supported

request not supported: i downloaded a file and i tried to run but a message comes up saying request not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-not-supported/d0691f3d-68da-462a-8417-3f9a2fe45640
  9. FIX: RDP ERROR THE FUNCTION REQUESTED IS NOT SUPPORTED

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    FIX: RDP ERROR THE FUNCTION REQUESTED IS NOT SUPPORTED: When trying to connect to a server or machine via Remote Desktop Connection you will get the below error which is strange as one would normally connect without any issues. “Remote Desktop Connection An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is not...
  10. Cipher Error : The Request is not supported.

Cipher Error : The Request is not supported.: Upon trying to use Cipher to do some simple encrypting on my machine I have ran into some issues. [img] If I execute Cipher.exe from the Command Prompt it seems to be functioning normally and subsequently lists all folders on the current directory with a U in front of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error: 50the request is not supported.the dism log file can be found at c:\windows\logs\dism\dism.log

2. windows error 50 the request is not supported