Windows 10: Error 7001 in Event Viewer

Discus and support Error 7001 in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Recently upgraded a second machine from W 7 x64 Home to W 10 x64 Home, upgrade ran without issues, now W 10 run very smooth at the exception of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vaio 7, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Vaio 7 Win User

Error 7001 in Event Viewer

Hi,

Recently upgraded a second machine from W 7 x64 Home to W 10 x64 Home, upgrade ran without issues, now W 10 run very smooth at the exception of 2 constant errors in Event Viewer, the first is about "SyncHost session terminated unexpectedly" but that one affects the vaste majority of W 10 users so not a problem and the second one is:

Event Id 7001
    "The Net.Tcp Listener Adapter service depends on the Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Under "Services", the Net.Tcp Listener Adapter service is set to Automatic but not running &
    the Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service is set to Disabled and not running and I know that this one should be set that way.

Also, Net.Tcp Listener Adapter service has 2 dependencies, Net.Tcp Port Sharing and Windows Activation process
    which is set to manual and running.
    Windows 10 slmgr command shows that the machine is permanently activated.
    The obvious solution, would be to set the Net.Tcp Listener Adapter service to manual, but I'd like some feedback of the potential negative effects. Both services, mentionned in the error entry are .NET v4.0 Framework related according to Services "properties" tab explanation.
    It would be helpful if some users could report their status about these services. (config).
    Thank you.

:)

Vaio 7, Aug 21, 2015

2. Win10 - system_thread_exception_not_handled

Hi,

I have been combing through my event viewer and found that I have two problematic events

10005 DistributedCOM : 12718 errors in the last 24 hours

7001 Service Control Manager : 2466 errors in the last 24 hours

I also have 29 critical error for the event id 41 Kernel-Power in the last 24 hours.

I hope this can help pin point the issue.

LaZoR_Bear069, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Event ID 7001

Thank you.

Tried to turn Net TCP Port Sharing Service on in Services.msc. No change with automatic or manual.

Turned off the feature in Control Panel/Programs and Features/Windows Features, as directed.

Problem solved.

Toronto Cat, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Vaoi 7,

Here's the .reg file you requested. I hope it helps. *Smile

upnphost.reg

Brink, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Captain99 Win User
    Hi Vaoi,

I have the same issues. Did this .reg file fix it for you??

Thank you,

John

Captain99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Error 7001 in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Error 7001 Event

2. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  3. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  4. event viewer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer error: Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x001144c2 Faulting process id: 0x1554 Faulting application...
  5. Microsoft Defender error messages in Event Viewer 7000 and 7001

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender error messages in Event Viewer 7000 and 7001: Windows Security [Microsoft Defender] has started throwing error messages in Event Viewer, in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, both version 1909 and 2004, apparently in the latest Defender Platform 4.18.2007.8: Event 7001: “The Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service...
  6. I get the following error upon boot up in Event Viewer: Event 7001, Service Control Manager

I get the following error upon boot up in Event Viewer: Event 7001, Service Control Manager: I get the following error upon boot up in Event Viewer: Event 7001, Service Control Manager The NcaSvc service depends on the iphlpsvc service which failed to start because of the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it...
  7. Event Viewer Errors

Event Viewer Errors: Does anyone have a workable solution for Event error 1000 or event error13? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-errors/79c29b4a-e783-4b8b-b552-c46b3e00e2f9
  8. Error in Event Viewer

Error in Event Viewer: ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer also poor shut down times start up and have nothing running at start up critical errors multi time daily system restore error event id 8193 vss error windows 10 i did a repair install so far so good as far as vvs goes...
  9. Event Viewer Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  10. Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494