Windows 10: Error 80070035 when trying to access a homegroup PC

Discus and support Error 80070035 when trying to access a homegroup PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue with a Windows 10 pc in a small homegroup. The pc in question hosts many files shared by the other 3 computers. The user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CGPcola, Feb 22, 2017.

1. CGPcola Win User

Error 80070035 when trying to access a homegroup PC

Hello, I am having an issue with a Windows 10 pc in a small homegroup. The pc in question hosts many files shared by the other 3 computers. The user reported that this pc "froze" and she had no option other than to do a hard shutdown. After booting back up, none of the other computers in the homegroup can access the shared files.

On the other computers, I tried to remap the network drives and received error 80070035.

I went back to the pc in question to confirm the folder was still set to shared. In advanced settings, "Share this folder" was checked. When I closed it and then closed the Properties window behind it, I received an error that said your folder cannot be shared.

I've read several solutions, one of which suggested checking in the registry under HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanworkstation\parameters to make sure "Require Security Signature" was 0. It was. The other solutions were to make sure sharing was enabled on the folder, etc.... all of which I have done.

The only thing I can figure is that some system file or network setting was corrupted during the hard shut down. And it could have been running an update when it "froze", which got interrupted. I wasn't there at the time.

Does anyone have any more advice on this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

***update***
    I forgot to add that before checking in the registry, I also tried re-adding the user accounts in case the passwords were somehow wiped out.

:)

CGPcola, Feb 22, 2017
  2. Aera Rua Win User

write permissions and locked drive

To isolate the issue, are you having issues with accessing the whole drive? What is the error message that you are receiving whenever you try to access files in your PC?

It would also help if you can provide a screenshot of the error message when you try to access those files.

Since this happen when you joined your HomeGroup network, we recommend that you check this

article
    about HomeGroup because when you create or join a homegroup, libraries are initially shared with
    Read only access.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Aera Rua, Feb 22, 2017
  3. network

creating a homegroup is not the problem, it's telling the pc that it is a home pc and not a work pc in network id settings that's causing the issue

I have created a homegroup, but when I try to click on the files from the homegroup folder it deny's access. I have to click on the individual pc to access the files due to the network id settings conflicting.

Nigall1976, Feb 22, 2017
  4. UKMedia Win User

Have you tried running the shared folders troubleshooter?

UKMedia, Feb 23, 2017
  5. CGPcola Win User
    Thanks for responding, UKMedia. I did run the troubleshooter, to no avail. However, it looks like the problem may have just been resolved... I removed the host PC from the workgroup and the other PC's were able to access the shared files (wierd, right?). Then I re-added host PC to the workgroup and it became unreachable again. So I went back into the system properties and this time clicked Network ID, followed the prompts, kept the same workgroup name in there, and rebooted again. Now the files can be accessed from the other computers. I would really like to know why this worked, so that I can better understand Windows 10 and in case this ever happens again. Any ideas??

CGPcola, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Error 80070035 when trying to access a homegroup PC - Similar Threads - Error 80070035 trying

2. Error when trying to access Android files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to access Android files: When connecting my android phone, I always get "The specified path does not exist" error when trying to access the files.What's even weirder is, that I'm able to access the files via the left panel. And they do open. But only with the left panel - When I click on a folder in...
  3. Error when trying to access Android files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to access Android files: When connecting my android phone, I always get "The specified path does not exist" error when trying to access the files.What's even weirder is, that I'm able to access the files via the left panel. And they do open. But only with the left panel - When I click on a folder in...
  4. Error when accessing This Pc > Properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error when accessing This Pc > Properties: When i go into File Explorer and right click on This Pc, and drop down to this properties, the 'control panel' does not open up like it used to. Instead the 'Settings' app opens up onto the 'About' page, where it says ' Your Pc is being monitored and protected' I dont know...
  5. NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035: I have tried fixes, posted on Facebook. Nothing helps to show Win Explorer NAS drive says disconnected / cannot locate ? Please assist....
  6. Homegroup on PC

Homegroup on PC: I have a desktop and two laptops and wish to share files. One of the laptops is the newest but cannot find settings to join Homegroup! I have checked in control panel and settings but is no there to be found. I had no problem with the desktop and other laptop . Can anyone...
  7. Network path not found. Error 80070035

Network path not found. Error 80070035: I am trying to set up a new laptop (Windows 10, Home, 64-bit). I am unable to get the new machine to access my NAS drive by name. If I try to run \\Homestore, I get the message "Windows cannot access \\Homestore" and details show an error code of 80070035. If I replace...
  8. Can't Access Homegroup

Can't Access Homegroup: Have a new L/T, can access the Internet but can't join an existing Home group to use my printer Believe that the existing HG doesn't exist anymore. Help!...
  9. Seagate Central NAS issue Error 80070035

Seagate Central NAS issue Error 80070035: Hi, Hopefully someone can help me! I've got a Seagate Central NAS drive which I use for storing all my media. It also used by our Sonos so we can listen to music without having a laptop on. Up until recently I have used it without issue, however I have now stopped...
  10. No homegroup access

No homegroup access: Hello I have set up home network behind a router. every basic operations as folders sharing work but when I try from Windows 10 machine to join homegroup created from another computer running Windows 8.1 the operation is unsuccessfull. The homegroup was firstly created on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eagate central nas issue error 80070035