Windows 10: ERROR 87 Credential Manager Vault Svc Could not start

Discus and support ERROR 87 Credential Manager Vault Svc Could not start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; here is my post on the microsoft community, which is not helpful at all. ERROR 87 Credential Manager Vault Svc Could not start - Microsoft Community... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CreeT6, Nov 16, 2016.

1. CreeT6 Win User

ERROR 87 Credential Manager Vault Svc Could not start

here is my post on the microsoft community, which is not helpful at all.
    ERROR 87 Credential Manager Vault Svc Could not start - Microsoft Community

i think this is the root cause of the chains of problems i am having all of the sudden: my mail app not syncing emails, Pin for login suddenly stopped working;can only sign in with password, app store cant download anything, nvidia control panel stopped working, windows update not working, windows repeatedly notify me "you need to fix your Microsoft account", windows remote desktop doesn't work, itunes will not install, virtual box will not install, the list goes on.

things i have tried: safe mode, sfc scan, DSIM restore health, diagnostic startup(which ended up killing the login screen and i have no way of logging in), restore windows image(to a different build, which did not work. andUNFORTUNATELY, windows did not save any system restore before the problem began, check vault Svc parameter in registry.

ERROR 87 Credential Manager Vault Svc Could not start [​IMG]

god damit microsft, i dont want to reinstall windows again! please help guys*cry

:)

CreeT6, Nov 16, 2016
  2. Lyron Tra Win User

Hi,

To help you resolve your concern, kindly download and run the Windows 10 app
    troubleshooter
    . If this issue still persist, let's try to run the System File Checker tool. System File Checker is a utility available in Windows 10 that checks for system file corruption. It's recommended for advanced users. To do that
    kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Start or press Windows key and enter
      Command Prompt.
    • Since the right-click options will not work, instead of pressing the
      Enter key
      , press hold Shift and Ctrl key then press
      Enter. This command will run the Command Prompt as administrator.
    • Input sfc /scannow and press Enter.

Note: there is a space between the sfc and /.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Lyron Tra, Nov 16, 2016
  3. CreeT6 Win User

i think this is related to my mail app not syncing emails and Pin for login not working, app store cant download anything, nvidia control panel stopped working, windows update not working, the list goes on

CreeT6, Nov 16, 2016
  4. Railtech Win User

Credentials Manager should be set to Manual not Automatic. The service should only run when called upon by another service. Also IF RPC is disabled Credentials Manager will not run.

Railtech, Nov 16, 2016
  5. CreeT6 Win User
    Well, RPC is running, i just checked, and credential manger doesn't start in any start mode.

CreeT6, Nov 16, 2016
  6. Railtech Win User
    I would say it is a problem with your Microsoft Account. Can you log into it from this link:

Microsoft account | Home

Railtech, Nov 16, 2016
  7. Railtech Win User
    Railtech, Nov 16, 2016
  8. CreeT6 Win User

no problem logging in at all sir

CreeT6, Nov 16, 2016
  9. Railtech Win User
    If log on was successful that way then my best guess is that the Credentials Manager is corrupted. I suspect you have already tried the Windows System File Checker to no avail. In these cases it has become my practice to do a Windows Refresh install which will leave all of your files in place yet rewrite the Windows system files.

Railtech, Nov 16, 2016
  10. CreeT6 Win User
    of course we all know that is a solution, but if you are like me, who installed 300 programs and have lots of customizations, refreshing/reinstalling is not nearly a practical solution. (so far, fresh windows installations have not last me more than a few years before i f*ck it up, lmao*Sad)

CreeT6, Nov 16, 2016
  11. Railtech Win User
    Railtech, Nov 16, 2016
  12. CreeT6 Win User

CreeT6, Nov 17, 2016
  13. CreeT6 Win User

CreeT6, Nov 19, 2016
  14. Railtech Win User
    Download the tool from this link and try again

Windows 10

Railtech, Nov 19, 2016
  15. CreeT6 Win User
    thank you Railtech, i download a ISO on the pirate bay and it worked, windows is not corrupted again!

CreeT6, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. ERROR 87 Credential Manager Vault Svc Could not start - Similar Threads - ERROR Credential Manager

2. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials could not be verified: Apologies for all the text, I tried attaching images but they wont upload This all started after I performed a restart from a windows update last night 9/7/23. I do not know the details of this update. But when I went to turn on my desktop today, I entered my pin and got this...
  3. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credentials could not be verified: Apologies for all the text, I tried attaching images but they wont upload This all started after I performed a restart from a windows update last night 9/7/23. I do not know the details of this update. But when I went to turn on my desktop today, I entered my pin and got this...
  4. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. “credentials could not be verified”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “credentials could not be verified”: every time i try to log on to my laptop, it tells me my pin/credentials could not be verified and to retry. when i do that i get this: “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (status: Oxc000006d, substatus: Oxc000005e). Click to set up your PIN again” i click...
  6. DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log: While mounting a boot.wim file to the \boot directory in the folder I'm going to use to boot via PXE, I get these errors: 1. EnumeratePathEX: with references to $WINDOWS.~XYZ\* directories/files failing 2. DISM Driver Manager: cannot find "oem#.inf" files with more than...
  7. DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log: While working through a tutorial for creating a PXE server, the step at which the boot.wim is mounted to the \mount folder of the winpe_amd64 directory fails with errors in the log of: 1. EnumeratePathEx: all of which reference failures to find the C:\$WINDOWS.~XYZ\...
  8. Credential manager - Web Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  9. Credential Manager error 800706BA

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential Manager error 800706BA: Greetings, an unusual problem... When accessing credential manager from Control Panel, I receive this error. However this is not related to site credentials. The credential manager service is running, system file checker finds no issues, and site credentials are saved when...
  10. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credentials could not be verified: My MS Surface Book has stopped allowing me to sign in with facial recognition and the PIN. I am still able to sign in using my password, which I changed after being unable to sign in. The facial recognition recognizes me, but advises that "credentials could not be verified"...