Windows 10: Error at Shutdown Cont.

Discus and support Error at Shutdown Cont. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope it's ok if I start a new topic on this issue. My original issue is here Error at shutdown - Windows 10 Forums I'm still having the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arily, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Arily Win User

Error at Shutdown Cont.

I hope it's ok if I start a new topic on this issue. My original issue is here Error at shutdown - Windows 10 Forums

I'm still having the problem that when I shutdown my computer at night I'm getting this error message.
    Error at Shutdown Cont. [​IMG]

It doesn't matter how I shut my computer down or even if I restart my computer. It's not every night but I would say 4 out of 7 days.

in the original post I've done the /scannow changed my virtual member and was told towards the end there was a bug with the shut down charm? It's been awhile now since the original post and I'm still having this issue. Would really like to get down to it and get it fixed and figured it out as every time I see this error message when shutting down my computer it makes me cringe like something is wrong and it's slowly going to get worse though I don't know what it is.

Any help appreciated and any additional information needed feel free to ask and give a slight description on how to obtain said info.

Thank you.

Edit: Some info. Computer bought Feb 2015 originally shipped with Windows 8.1 I did the free Windows 10 upgrade but error message was present on Windows 8.1 as well. Computer is fully updated via windows update. I have AVG Antivirus no viruses found. I also have Malwarebytes nothing found.

:)

Arily, Feb 14, 2016

2. nokia lumia 625 apps store

my mobile app store error code i cont instaled apps

punnalava kumar, Feb 14, 2016
  3. rubikhan Win User
    How do I turn off family settings on my Windows Phone so I can purchases apps?

PlZzz help I cont download apps ND my vedio can't open on my phone I cont understand how I can set up my family

rubikhan, Feb 14, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Error at Shutdown Cont.

Archie123, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Arily Win User
    I'm assuming this is the issue. it seems like it doesn't matter how I shut it down though I eventually get this message no matter what method I use. I'm just hoping it's not something worse in disguise.

Arily, Feb 14, 2016
  6. Archie123 Win User
    As they say its just explorer trying to access freed memory

Archie123, Feb 14, 2016
  7. Arily Win User
    So after 3 years I've finally discovered the problem! Java installed 32 bit software automatically when I went to their website to install/update java years ago. Just recently due to the help of a friend trying to get Minecraft with Mods working it was discovered. Therefore I uninstalled my current Java and downloaded/installed 64-bit Java and haven't had the message since.

I can now mark this thread as solved. Also anyone else with this mysterious problem...here is the solution.

Arily, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Error at Shutdown Cont.

1. Error at Shutdown Cont. - Similar Threads - Error Shutdown Cont

2. Windows Update: Update cont.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update: Update cont.: Dozens more "Aw Snap!", followed by 10 more Blue Screen FULL Crashes of my system, followed by a Windows Update, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. ARE all of YOU getting multiple updates from Windows, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY? Yeah, I don't think so.This is why they STRIPPED us of our ability...
  3. Windows Update: Update cont.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update: Update cont.: Dozens more "Aw Snap!", followed by 10 more Blue Screen FULL Crashes of my system, followed by a Windows Update, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. ARE all of YOU getting multiple updates from Windows, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY? Yeah, I don't think so.This is why they STRIPPED us of our ability...
  4. Windows Update: Update cont.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Shutdown error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown error: I am getting multiple warnings when I shutdown my desktop. The message is from “Task Host Windows” saying “Stopping background tasks”, but the computer does not shutdown, but does a user logout and reverts to the Windows welcome screen. The Warning Event log entry...
  6. Shutdown error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown error: I am getting multiple warnings when I shutdown my desktop. The message is from “Task Host Windows” saying “Stopping background tasks”, but the computer does not shutdown, but does a user logout and reverts to the Windows welcome screen. The Warning Event log entry...
  7. Shutdown error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown error: Hi, I was wondering how to solve this event that happens to my laptop. It's about kernel power, if anyone knows how to solve it or to find some documentation about it would be very appreciatedDown below the code from the Event ViewerI'm from Italy so some parts are in...
  8. Memory leak ConT Nr22

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak ConT Nr22: Hey so i noticed my pc having barely any ram avaiable for no real reason. So i googled the issue and after going through poolmon the "drivers" in question are ConT (4Gb), Nr22(3,4Gb), EtwB and a few more. But i just cant locate them and find out what drivers these are. Iam...
  9. error and then shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error and then shutdown: My laptop has shut down 2 times in the last several hours causing me to lose all of my work. It says that Microsoft has experienced and error and doesn't give me enough time to see the error code before it shuts down. How do I fix this? My laptop is only a couple of months...
  10. Windows 10 Restoire - Cont.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Restoire - Cont.: Following yesterday's post I followed advice (thanks to all) to create a recovery drive and it was successful. However, On mounting it in the problem desktop and setting the boot sequence I rebooted. The only option that does not cause an "unable to perform) type...