Windows 10: Error at shutdown

Discus and support Error at shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I get this message pretty much every night I shut down the computer. I had it while using windows 8.1 and when I upgraded to windows 10 I was still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arily, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Arily Win User

Error at shutdown

I get this message pretty much every night I shut down the computer. I had it while using windows 8.1 and when I upgraded to windows 10 I was still having the issue.

Error at shutdown [​IMG]

:)

Arily, Aug 27, 2015
  2. JoeW2 Win User

Kernel power error at shutdown

I performed both SFC and DISM and they both found nothing. It is a very fresh install of Windows so I expected that. Here is a link to the error log as per your instructions. I hope this helps

Error log:

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

JoeW2, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Memory Reference Error at Shutdown

Hi I tried what you had suggested but to no avail.

Even in safe mode this is what I got

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

The component store is repairable.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Calum Harris, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Error at shutdown

Open CMD as Admin, and run sfc /scannow then reboot. Hopefully that will fix any system files that may be causing that.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Arily Win User
    Where is command prompt located in windows 10? I can't find it.

Arily, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Click on the Start button, or if you have Cortana on the taskbar, click in the search box. Just start typing "command", and it should show as a result. Right click to run as admin.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 27, 2015
  7. Arily Win User
    That's why I did but it keep searching and searching but nothing coming up.

Arily, Aug 27, 2015
  8. Arily Win User

Error at shutdown

Finally found it by searching files and folders. This stinks though I can't find my snipping tool either. Cortana is just a black blank screen with the dots going across the top like it's searching but nothing comes up. Anyways here is the results of the scan. Please I need help now =\

Error at shutdown [​IMG]
    [/URL]

Arily, Aug 27, 2015
  9. Right click
    Error at shutdown [​IMG]
    , select Command Prompt (Admin)

Error at shutdown [​IMG]

The Snipping Tool can be found under All apps in the Start menu in the Windows Accessories folder.

fracking4oil, Aug 27, 2015
  10. Arily Win User
    Arily, Aug 27, 2015
  11. Arily Win User
    Ok, I did this command in command prompt Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and then ran sfc /scannow at which is said it successfully did whatever it's supposed to successfully do. When I went to restart I got the same error as I posted in my originally post. However when it came back on after the restarted and I ran sfc /scannow again nothing was found. So I restarted again no error message. Going to play a couple days to see if it's fix so please leave this thread open for me. If it's fixed I'll come back and mark it as solved.

Arily, Aug 28, 2015
  12. Error at shutdown

Good to hear. Hope it's all fixed for ya!

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 28, 2015
  13. Arily Win User
    It was fine for two days but now I'm getting the same exact error again. Same problem.

Is there a way to see which file keeps getting corrupted? If it's a program I don't use I'd rather uninstall it.

Arily, Aug 30, 2015
  14. Arily Win User
    Should I start a new thread?

I did a scan today after the error on shutdown earlier this morning and this is the results. It finds no more corrupt files yet I'm still getting the message on shutdown. The same message from original post.

Error at shutdown [​IMG]

Arily, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

Error at shutdown

1. Error at shutdown - Similar Threads - Error shutdown

2. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.: My Pc Shuts down on its own and sometimes it gets restart on its own.I also receive certain patches when i am using remote desktop connection. I tried changing the graphic card,ram and motherboard,and also re-installed the windows on the same system. But that didnt solve the...
  3. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.: My Pc Shuts down on its own and sometimes it gets restart on its own.I also receive certain patches when i am using remote desktop connection. I tried changing the graphic card,ram and motherboard,and also re-installed the windows on the same system. But that didnt solve the...
  4. I am getting windows update error 0x800705b4 and when I shutdown my laptop it gives blue...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I am getting windows update error 0x800705b4 and when I shutdown my laptop it gives blue...: I am getting windows update error 0x800705b4 it has been 6 months since last update also since last three days when I shutdown my laptop it gives blue screen error code driver power state failure when I click on update graphic or network adapter driver in device manager it...
  5. Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns: Hi. I have tried so many things to diagnose this, but my pc keeps randomly shutting down when I'm running games. It's even worse when I run a game and have discord open in the background. In the past 11 days, I have had 10 critical errors, 2 of them being in the last hour....
  6. Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns

Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns: Hi. I have tried so many things to diagnose this, but my pc keeps randomly shutting down when I'm running games. It's even worse when I run a game and have discord open in the background. In the past 11 days, I have had 10 critical errors, 2 of them being in the last hour....
  7. infrequent tasklist.exe related error upon shutdown or restart - should I worry?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    infrequent tasklist.exe related error upon shutdown or restart - should I worry?: Hi, sometimes when I shut down my laptop I get a error pop-up that appears related to something called tasklist.exeIt happens only once in a while, especially if I accidentally turn my laptop on and quickly shut down.is this pretty fine or should it be a concern? like I said,...
  8. infrequent tasklist.exe related error upon shutdown or restart - should I worry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    infrequent tasklist.exe related error upon shutdown or restart - should I worry?: Hi, sometimes when I shut down my laptop I get a error pop-up that appears related to something called tasklist.exeIt happens only once in a while, especially if I accidentally turn my laptop on and quickly shut down.is this pretty fine or should it be a concern? like I said,...
  9. infrequent tasklist.exe related error upon shutdown or restart - should I worry?

10. infrequent tasklist.exe related error upon shutdown or restart - should I worry?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade