Windows 10: Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged

Discus and support Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been tried to install an extension for the Edge browser from the Windows Store, and I keep receiving the error code 0x80073D05. That led me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oxonsi, Feb 24, 2017.

1. oxonsi Win User

Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged

I have been tried to install an extension for the Edge browser from the Windows Store, and I keep receiving the error code 0x80073D05.

That led me to try the Microsoft Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. It tells me that the "Windows Store cache and licenses may be corrupt.", and offers to reset Windows Store. After attempting to reset Windows Store, it tells me, "Windows Store cache may be damaged" and that it is not fixed.

Then I found some advice to run WSReset.exe in 'C:\Windows\System32' as Administrator. But I still received the 0x80073D05 error after this.

Finally I tried renaming the Cache folder 'C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState' to Cache.old, and creating a Cache folder. After that reboot, and re-run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, and it is supposed to now fix the corruption. But no, it still says, "Windows Store cache may be damaged" and that it is not fixed.

So all of that said, is there any way to resolve this issue. Or if this happens, is one simply out of luck? Only solution is to create a new user account, or reset / re-install Windows 10?

Thanks for any info!

:)

oxonsi, Feb 24, 2017

2. Windows Store/ 0x80072EE7

Thank you for the quick response, however, the above steps have not provided the solution. This code is also given at the error screen CV: RZX/cP/gGUCDfP5G

the error code has changed to 0x8000FFFF

and the troubleshoot report is as follows:

Issues found

L: Windows Store cache may be damaged

Windows Store cache may be damaged

Not fixed

Reset and open Windows Store

Completed

MuaazKapodrawi, Feb 24, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Windows Store cache may be damaged

Go to Settings > Apps and select MS Store then Advanced options and select Reset.

neilpzz, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged

Caledon Ken, Feb 25, 2017
  5. oxonsi Win User
    Thanks for your reply.

I hadn't seen that tutorial yet. The steps I've taken I found through some Googling the problem... I'll take a look!

oxonsi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged

1. Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged - Similar Threads - Error code 0x80073D05

2. Error Code 0x80073D05

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80073D05: I reinstalled Mineraft In the store. And while it was reinstalling this Error Code popped up and the installation was cancelled. Error Code 0x80073D05Can Someone pls help me...
  3. Error Code 0x80073D05

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x80073D05: I reinstalled Mineraft In the store. And while it was reinstalling this Error Code popped up and the installation was cancelled. Error Code 0x80073D05Can Someone pls help me...
  4. Error Code 0x80073D05

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Error Code 0X80073D05 on Windows 10 Store

Error Code 0X80073D05 on Windows 10 Store: i uninstalled netflix because the app keep signing out after exit. when i tried to reinstalled it keep stop at installing and says error. the error message says "Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device....
  6. Windows Store Cache may be damage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Store Cache may be damage: Apps like Calculator will open and then close immediately. Microsoft edge does the same thing. So does some other apps. I have run app troubleshooter and get the following: Windows Store Cache may be damaged I have tried the Powershell solution and it worked temporarily...
  7. Microsoft Store app not reinstalling--error code 0x80073D05

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store app not reinstalling--error code 0x80073D05: I uninstalled the Office app from the Microsoft store and am trying to reinstall it. It downloads all the way, but it only installs to 90% before encountering error code 0x80073D05. I've restarted my computer, reset the Store, and reset the cache with wsreset.exe. I've...
  8. On Microsoft Store, the Samsung Update app won't download, error Code 0x80073D05

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    On Microsoft Store, the Samsung Update app won't download, error Code 0x80073D05: I have a Samsung Series 9 Notebook and have been using the Samsung Update app from the Microsoft Store to download Samsung software / BIOS updates since I purchased the computer in 12/17. The app has been occasionally glitchy, but no insurmountable issues -- until now....
  9. hey my windows store cache is damaged

hey my windows store cache is damaged: i ran the windows 10 store troubleshooter.it resets the cache but it says that it didn't get fixed.what should I do 92987
  10. windows store cache may be damaged

windows store cache may be damaged: Hi, I've spent the few days trying to fix that issue, went all every solution that I saw, Including Ken's solution, scanned for corrupt files, did DCIM, WSreser as admin, but the problem is still here. Technical details: Asus laptop, UX330UA Windows 10 Home Version...
Tags: