Windows 10: Error Code 0x803F7001 after clean install. How to activate again.

Discus and support Error Code 0x803F7001 after clean install. How to activate again. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HP Pavilion DT 500-164. After utilizing Win10 since the initial offering. Microsoft yesterday, after a clean install decided that it was not activated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DiamondThe12B, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Error Code 0x803F7001 after clean install. How to activate again.

HP Pavilion DT 500-164. After utilizing Win10 since the initial offering. Microsoft yesterday, after a clean install decided that it was not activated. Today I updated to 10567. The long shot dream was that it would auto activate. The error code altered slightly with an explanation that will be summarized as follows: "Previous version of Windows not activated prior to upgrade to Windows 10." Running a Sony VAIO also with Win10. No issues, yet... There have been some issues with both computers as 10 evolved. But were resolved via a new download and either a USB or DVD install. My HP was difficult when it came to the USB boot as Legacy was enabled and UEFI was disabled in order to allow the USB boot. Once maybe twice I neglected to reset it back to secure boot. When I did remember to reset and then booted normally the HP posted: "...no operating system installed...install an operating system." Thus I would leave it as Legacy and it would update and run well. (Maybe not relevant. Attempt at leaving no stone unturned.) For the first time since I got my first PC, (4 yrs ago) decided to call Microsoft. Some of the Win10 help screens/forums/insiders etc. suggested that. After terminating several calls with no resolution. Would then call back in an attempt to make contact with competence, activation or even just an explanation. This is what I was told via those calls: 1. "Call HP they can fix everything." 2. "I will activate please hold." she neglected to say for how long fairly certain she took a lunch. "No I cannot activate." and upon my response of "why?" the phone connection was lost. Please be assured I didn't hang up. The next rep spent some time with me. Mostly it involved dictating various commands that I entered into the command prompt. He asked for the activation code that I've had since converting to Win10 but I could not locate it since the clean install wiped all clear. It was activated prior as I had checked. There was no mention of any utility that might locate it. Finally his answer was to "just purchase the activation code." Also, upon completion of the clean install the HP has a new name and new numbers that follow the name. More research today and I hope there is an activation issue on the Microsoft side. Doubt it. But I've become somewhat desperate. Also would like to avoid the DeeX posted solution in these forums if possible. Seems a little hasty to bring back an old operating system in order to get the current one. Never the less I'm open to any suggestions. Thank you in advance for your anticipated response. Sorry to be so long winded.

:)

DiamondThe12B, Oct 29, 2015

2. Windows 1511 activation fails - fresh install; "Invalid key 0x803F7001 "

Hi Dean,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that, you face issue with Windows 10 activation and I'd certainly help you.

You might see this error if no valid Windows license was found for your device when upgrading to Windows 10 or if you performed a clean installation of Windows 10, which requires a new license to activate your copy of Windows.

Please refer to the section “Windows is not activated as your previous version of Windows on this device was not activated prior to upgrade to Windows 10. (Error code: 0x803F7001)” in the Microsoft article below and check, if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10?linkId=16232102

Also try to refer to the suggestions of Abdul_Malik replied on November 16, 2015, to fix your issue with "Invalid key 0x803F7001 ".

Error Code 0x803f7001 after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 29, 2015
  3. windows activation error

hi ,

i upgraded to windows 10 from my previous version of windows 7 after getting windows 10 icon on my taskbar .i clicked the icon ,downloaded windows 10 and followed all the instructions to install windows 10.windows 10 was successfully installed on
    my system.after installation of windows 10 successfully,i am getting message on my screen that windows is not activated ,go to settings to activate windows.in settings>update and security>activation,i am getting the following message with error 0x803F7001.

Windows is not activated as your previous version of Windows on this device was not activated prior to upgrade toWindows 10.
    (Error code: 0x803F7001).

can you please help me solve this issue.thanks,

regards

anees.

aneesrazamulla, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

Error Code 0x803F7001 after clean install. How to activate again.

1. Error Code 0x803F7001 after clean install. How to activate again. - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x803F7001

2. 0x803f7001 windows activation after installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0x803f7001 windows activation after installation: I just re installed Windows and now it is not activated. My computer link in my MS account and I have Windows 10 Home prior to installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x803f7001-windows-activation-after-installation/1202fd7c-a3ed-4f84-ab85-5a96893ad4bc
  3. Activations issues, sudden getting and error code: 0x803F7001

Activations issues, sudden getting and error code: 0x803F7001: I recently upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 pro and I have recently started getting the error code: 0x803F7001. As far as I know this is a legal copy of windows I have. I got it from a friend for his business and he had an extra copy. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. Windows 10 Activation Error Code: 0x803F7001

Windows 10 Activation Error Code: 0x803F7001: Trying to finally upgrade and get a genuine version of windows after having that pesky activate windows watermark. Had this pc for a while and finally decided to get it removed. I bought a digital version of windows from the Microsoft store as it led me to do in the settings....
  5. I can't activate Windows 10 error code 0x803F7001

I can't activate Windows 10 error code 0x803F7001: Help me please. I upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro is can't activate windows. The pictures is below. [ATTACH] my windows is OEM. [ATTACH]...
  6. Can't activate Pro; error code: 0x803F7001

Can't activate Pro; error code: 0x803F7001: I removed the Win10 Pro license from one of my computers and tried to activate on a new computer; didn't work. Completely removed old computer from my account; still didn't work. Bought a Win10 Pro license, but can't install because the Pro is attached to my account......
  7. Activation error 0x803F7001

Activation error 0x803F7001: [ATTACH] I do not know who uses my license. My license is digital. And I've done a clean install, even though my license is not active. I have activated my license by email. I made all attempts but I did not get any results. please help me....
  8. Window Activation not working (Error code 0x803F7001)

Window Activation not working (Error code 0x803F7001): I Recently just got a new PC and Tried transferring my windows 10 to it but when I try to activate it comes up with an error and wont let me activate, how can I fix this without buying another copy of windows?...
  9. Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001: Hi ! My old computer had a hard disk malfunctio then I built a new computer to replace my old one. After I reinstalled windows 7 off the disk of my original computer then upgraded to windows 10 but it wont activate. I've get an Error Code 0x803F7001 and after I try to use...
  10. Activation after reinstall, error 0x803F7001

Activation after reinstall, error 0x803F7001: Hi, I recently had a hard drive failure so had to revert to my previous drive which did not have an OS installed. I was unable to make a USB boot to install Windows 10, so I had to use a friends Windows 7 CD to get my system up and running to install 10... after going...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code 0x803f7001 after clean reinstall

2. error code:0x803f7001 after clean reinstall